HUNT App: Public/Private Land Ownership GPS Map
By Montana Mapping & GPS, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use the HUNT App combined with the GPS on your iPhone or iPad to easily view land owner names while knowing your location relative to public and private property boundaries, hunting unit boundaries, and more! Cache satellite aerial imagery and topo basemaps for offline use. Create photo waypoints, use our custom HUNT markups, and more! From the makers of Hunting GPS Maps (now HUNT by onXmaps), have the confidence that you are using the most accurate, up-to-date, reliable and most trusted land ownership maps available!
- Hunting Units layers, Game Management Units (GMU)/Hunting Units for general game species (for example, in Wyoming you will see Antelope, Deer, and Elk units)
- Basemaps of your choice to see Topo, Roads, Rivers, Lakes, etc
- National Forest Roads and Motor Vehicle Use Map Roads and Trails
- GPS functionality
- Mark Waypoints with hunting and other icons to help you navigate back to your vehicle, camp, good lookouts, blinds, or just to mark places where you have seen game
- Mark Waypoints using a photo you’ve taken to easily document the locations of scrapes and rubs, wallows, game sightings, food sources, bedding areas, etc. Bring this data back home to your iPad or computer to help you learn your hunting area much faster!
PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP FEATURES
Purchase a membership to your favorite state(s) to get the same great features of the free HUNT App but with the additional benefits of:
- The ability to select any Property to query Land Owner Name, Address, City, and State
- Search by land owner name
- Caching land ownership, other layers, and select Basemaps for use when you are out of cell phone coverage.
- Government and Public Lands
- Land owner names with property boundaries*
- GMUs or Hunting Units for as many different species and special hunt types as we can find available for that state (for example, in Wyoming you will see Antelope, Bighorn Sheep, Bison, Black Bear, Bobcat, Elk, Moose, Mountain Lion, Mule Deer, Mountain Goat, Turkey, White Tailed Deer, and Wolf Hunt Areas
- Section Lines and Numbers
- Topo, Roads, Rivers, Lakes, etc are all provided on various Basemaps that you can choose from
* Private land ownership information may not be available for all counties. Please see the plat coverage map on our website.
- USGS Topo
- Aerial Imagery
- Topo (Open Cycle)
- Open Street Map
- USGS Hybrid (Topo + Imagery)
- and more!
- World Imagery (ESRI)
- World Topo (ESRI)
- USA Topo Maps (ESRI)
- World Streets (ESRI)
- Ocean Basemap (ESRI)
- Gray Canvas (ESRI)
- No Basemap (Solid Gray Background)
- and more!
You can try our full featured map Membership for 7 days ( the HUNT App will automatically start a free for the state you are in when you install the app).
The HUNT App uses the GPS built into your iPhone or iPad to display your location on the map. Cellular network coverage is NOT needed to use this app and the GPS functionality. Proprietary tile caching technology allows you to cache basemaps and all other key map layers for use when you are away from cellular network coverage.
As land ownership, GMUs, and other map data change we will update the map data on our servers. This new map data will automatically be loaded to the HUNT App without you having to do anything!
All 50 states are available!
Note: As with all mapping apps, continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Significantly faster Basemap loading
- Now zoom in very close to Basemaps!
- Corrected 'My Location' button so it doesn't 'Zoom-to' location
- Fixed random crashes
- Fixed account create issue (timeout)
- Added progress indicator to account create dialog on iPhone
- Can pause/resume caching manually
- Caching will pause when connection is interrupted
- Memory optimization to avoid crashes on devices with low memory
- Increased the map performance on zooming and panning
Best Tool in My Pack!!
Whether an outdoorsmen, hunter, hiker, camper, fisherman, etc----if you don't have this app, you should. Being able to navigate land ownership is critical and this app does it all. Private vs public and giving land owner names where it can. Seeing federal lands, state Forest areas, etc....topo is very helpful as well when when working an area. This really came to life when I was in Wisconsin on property I had permission to be on but didn't know all boundaries. I was approached by another land owner who was upset and stating I was trespassing. I quickly pulled out my phone and APP and was quickly able to stop the discussion from going further. I even offered to call the local officer if he wanted to discuss. After seeing the map the land owner quickly went on about his business.
So useful and helpful to get back into areas that I once thought was impossible or all private access. Game changer for sure. Get yours and you won't regret it.
The most important piece of hunting gear
The products from onXmaps are the single most important tool and piece of gear hunters need before venturing into the field. The information this app provides is essential to not only an enjoyable hunt, but a legal one as well. The days of trying to figure out where you are in relation to property boundaries is over. The onXmaps Team Hunt app will show your exact position so that you are able to stay on public lands or private land you have permission to hunt on.
For $30/year per state, you can avoid paying massive fines for trespassing or poaching an animal out of your hunting district. Try the demo and see how onXmaps will change the way you hunt.
Onxmaps... Don't leave home without it!
Onxmaps has changed the way we hunt, explore and share new areas with family and friends. Their mobile app has taken the "Hunt and Hook" market by storm and left the competition in the dust. Now you'll know exactly where you stand and the land that surrounds you. With private landowner names, public land boundaries and even the ability to mark waypoints with your smart phone's camera you'll be pleasantly surprised with your investment in this App! Take your adventure to the next level and "Visualize Success" while doing so. #legit #fivestarapp
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: May 08, 2015
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 60.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Montana Mapping & GPS, LLC
- © 2015 onXmaps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- HUNT Montana$29.99
- HUNT Colorado$34.99
- HUNT Pennsylvania$29.99
- HUNT Washington$29.99
- HUNT Wyoming$29.99
- HUNT Wisconsin$29.99
- HUNT California$34.99
- HUNT Idaho$29.99
- HUNT Oregon$29.99
- HUNT Minnesota$29.99