The Hunt Wild Wisconsin mobile application has everything you need! If you hunt in Wisconsin, look no further. Whether you’re looking to find new public lands to explore, brush up on the regulations, save your secret hunting spot, or listen to podcasts – we’ve got you covered. With mobile mapping, up to the minute shooting hours, and much more, we’ve given you all the tools to focus on what’s important – enjoying your time in the outdoors.
- Build your experience based on what you hunt – Hunt Wild Wisconsin tailors mapping and regulations features based on which species you plan on pursuing – everything from zones to season dates
- Heading into the backcountry? You can access satellite and topographic maps, public land boundaries and regulations with (or without) a cell signal
- Tailor the map to your hunt – save your favorite hunting location or feature of interest
- Found a new hunting spot? You can save your trails for those early morning walk-ins
- You’ll never have to “guess” again - shooting hours are automatically determined by your location
- Easy to read summary of regulations, all in one place – everything you need to know, right in the palm of your hand with or without a cellular connection
- Access to your GoWild account allows you to purchase new hunting licenses, tags, and permits in the field
- Shoot that big buck? Use GameReg in the field to register your harvest with the Hunt Wild Wisconsin app
- Off the Record Podcast – listen in the truck, on your walk in, or pass time in the stand’
Having a problem with the app? Contact HuntWild@wisconsin.gov
Improved Tag Display
Ratings and Reviews
I’ll give it a 3, but now changed to a 1
While I see what the DNR was going for ....the fact that they put out an unfinished app is troubling. I hope hunting and fishing dollars didn’t pay for this! On a iphone6s the load times are incredibly slow even when hooked to WiFi. The mapping is a joke... as hunt stand is easier to use. Come on guys you can do better than this. Interesting the other hunt Wisconsin app works fine why not just run with that ? There’s plenty of other mapping apps out there... we need rules, reg, season dates and open and close times and best times to hunt and fish!!! That’s it....Use the K.I.S.S. Rule .... maybe you’ll then have a winner
Updated: why must you constantly retype your email and password in? Why does the app keep telling me the email or pass is wrong... when it hasn’t changed! You people have made a real useless app here... it needs a simple back or exit button to get out of things that you accidentally hit... not then into a frustrating exercise in app use. Half of the features don’t work .... really? And that’s acceptable? Even with a linked account nothing really works!!! This ones a total loser ... get the other hunt wild Wisconsin ( the blaze orange one) at least everything works....
SHAME ON YOU WIDNR...like I stated before “ I hope sportmens dollars didn’t pay for this “
More features please
Overall, I love that there is finally an easy way to access maps for the public wildlife and fisheries areas. However, as an employee and recreation user, I’d love to see more features within the maps. Putting parking lots/access points and/or trails on the maps would make planning a hike, hunt, or work day much easier!
Thanks for this app though! Love the fact that I can see when hunting hours are.
For a version 1 app I am impressed. I credit the DNR getting the app in market to test and learn from the experience and feedback of real users. It is the way modern software is developed.
I downloaded the app a day before gun deer season. When it came time to register my deer I could not have been happier. Previous years under the former system were distractingly difficult. This year it was a breeze.
I am sure future versions will address some of the feed back from real users being collected, accelerating the benefits of the app. I hope fishing is added as a category soon.
Thanks DNR staff for advancing technology and ease of use for the people you serve.
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- 173.2 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.