Hurricane by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
**One of the top 6 hurricane tracking apps - CNN**
**Readers’ Pick: Most innovative and useful hurricane app – FastCompany**
**One of 5 apps to get you through a natural disaster – Fox News**
**Top Apps of the Week (11/3/12) – ABC News**
**Top Apps of the Week (10/29/12) - MediaBistro**
**Top App of the week (9/2/12) - Appolicious**
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after the storm, even if no data connectivity.
• Track the path of a hurricane with our interactive storm tracker displaying where the app has been and where it’s predicted to go.
• Monitor, hurricane, flood & tornado-related weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with various map layers and location-based notifications for the U.S. and its territories.
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
• See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
• Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
• Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
After a change to our hurricane tracker, we've fixed a few bugs to make sure this is working correctly on the iPad.
Scammers and thieves!!
Don't give up to this scamming group they pay there execs top dollar and eat great food and feed people disgusting food especially like they did in Texas, they also keep most of the funds donated for years and don't give it to what it was mean for , the people in need. See if for yourselves in videos where they ask too advisors of the Red Cross avoid the questions of how much their executives take. Modern day thieves!!! Get knowledgeable!!
Dint work with Irma??
I literally had Hurricane Irma on top of my island, I dint had electricity so i couldn't watch the news to see what's going, I try the app and it doesn't load whatsoever.
I have now Hurricane Maria tomorrow, let's see if it works from tomorrow onward.
It keeps crashing every time I use it! What a ripoff!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 11, 2017
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 58.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2017 The American National Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.