Hurricane by American Red Cross
By American Red Cross
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**One of the top 6 hurricane tracking apps - CNN**
**Readers’ Pick: Most innovative and useful hurricane app – FastCompany**
**One of 5 apps to get you through a natural disaster – Fox News**
**Top Apps of the Week (11/3/12) – ABC News**
**Top Apps of the Week (10/29/12) - MediaBistro**
**Top App of the week (9/2/12) - Appolicious**
Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
Ahora disponible en español.
• Free and available in English and Spanish.
• Step-by-step instructions let you know what to do even before/during/after the storm, even if no data connectivity.
• Track the path of a hurricane with our interactive storm tracker displaying where the app has been and where it’s predicted to go.
• Monitor, hurricane, flood & tornado-related weather conditions in your area or those of loved-ones with various map layers and location-based notifications for the U.S. and its territories.
• Customizable alerting and push notification options.
• Easy to view alert feed with the ability to remove alerts.
• Let family and friends know you are okay with the customizable “I’m Safe” alert for Facebook, Twitter, email and text.
• Find open Red Cross shelters in your area when you need help.
• Stay safe when the lights are out with the Hurricane Toolkit, including a strobe light, flashlight and audible alert functions.
• Prepare for the worst by learning how to assemble an emergency kit for your family in the event of power outage or evacuation.
• Empower your family to stay safe and remain calm in an emergency by learning how to make and practice an emergency plan.
• Earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your hurricane knowledge with interactive quizzes.
• See an illustrated history of hurricanes in your area.
• Learn the difference between a hurricane warning and watch.
• Know how to what to do about food and drinking water when your area has been impacted by floods and power outages.
What's New in Version 3.1
• Performance and stability improvements
• Bug fix for some users who reported locations clearing out
Most recent update failed.......
The most recent update failed to actually update the application. It was stuck in a constant loop of 'Installing'!! I started the update on the Wednesday before Christmas and get continually was in install mode. I insured it could install in either cellular mode or Wi-Fi mode, but the result was the same. Luckily my son-in-law had the same challenge with a different app six or seven months ago, so it took him about 15 minutes but he was finally able to delete the app completely. I wrote this review in hopes that the authors of the application will read it and understand there are problems that need to be addressed. And even though has been deleted, I really like to be out because I live in a hurricane prone area however I won't be reinstalling it for fear of being caught in a constant loop again.
Best warning app I've ever seen
I'd pay for an app this accurate and to warn me like this one does as well as I added an elderly family members area a state over to monitor and call her when the app alerts tornado. It has been great !
Loaded fine...good info
Unfortunately, this is one app I hope I do not need to use. Hurricanes are bad news, but this will help if one appears on my doorstep!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Dec 17, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 35.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: American Red Cross
- Copyright © 2012-2014 The American National Red Cross
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.