Hurricane Impact is the official app of HurricaneTrack.com
Don't just track hurricanes, understand what the impacts may be. Only Hurricane Impact accomplishes this by not only providing up-to-date information but also by taking you to where the impacts will be felt.
Our app provides you with the following:
* News - the latest updates from the HurricaneTrack.com team
* All @hurricanetrack Twitter info right in the app!
* Live weather data directly from the landfall zone from OUR equipment! Monitor live wind and pressure data plus our own live video feed, right where it matters most.
* Video discussions posted to the app, even during the off-season and winter storm events. If you want to understand hurricanes and how they might impact you, our video section has you covered.
* LIVE streaming video from the landfall zone! If this were the only feature, it would be worth every penny! No other app gives you a front row seat to the impacts like Hurricane Impact, accomplished by utilizing our state-of-the-art unmanned camera system.
* Tracking - new for 2017 an updated tracking section of the app tailored for each potential or existing system. From "invest" to landfall graphics and info, track using the same tools that we use, all within the app.
Note that since we use live video, Hurricane Impact is best used over Wi-Fi and can be data intensive, so keep this in mind if your iPhone is on a data-limited plan.
Spread the word - we can make the app even better the more popular it gets. Share Hurricane Impact (two words) on social media, recommend to friends, co-workers and family. We are here to help you be ready by understanding - not just tracking.
Hurricane Impact - get it today!
Improve some UIs.
Ratings and Reviews
I have been following Mark and his work for years, starting off with a weather station and webcam that updated every 30 seconds in the early 2000s, to today's top of the line streaming technology. During non-busy times, he produces videos covering educational topics and what could develop in the tropics. During busy times, his videos break down what is going on and what will likely happen.
During a landfall, he sets out unmanned cameras in areas where it would simply be too dangerous for someone to go. He also still usually sets out a weather station or two (time and resources permitting), and it is all streamed right into this app! You can catch his latest videos, monitor what he is posting on twitter, track the Atlantic basin tropical cyclones, and watch data and streaming video come in live as the tropical cyclone makes landfall (and during the winter months, the occasional big snowstorm or Nor' Easter), all from this app!
Excellent and informative app
I thought that Mark and his team did a great job during Harvey considering that they have limited resources and yet work so hard! I thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated being able to watch what was going on through the live data and video while also keeping up with updates concerning Harvey right here in the app. Anyone giving it one star, in my opinion, doesn't understand what they have here.
I have been following Mark Sudduth's work for many years. During a hurricane landfall he sets up live video cameras and mobile weather stations and streams all of this live to this app. It is absolutely amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know what's going on with hurricanes. He also does a huge amount of educational material during the down times and puts it out on video in the app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.