Hurricane Track for iOS
By Mach Software Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hurricane Track 2.0 is a complete rewrite of our popular application, Hurricane Track for iOS! Hurricane Track 2.0 features incredible new features such as a whopping 80 different World Radars, our amazing new Augmented Reality technology, a new stunning dynamic Local Radar, Forecast and Hazard warnings, future projected tropical cyclone paths, cloud formations that can potentially turn into tropical cyclones, an interactive 3D Earth, detailed tropical storm information and discussion, and much much more! Hurricane Track 2.0 brings the most advanced hurricane tracking technology to your fingertips, and the best part is Hurricane Track is Free!
- 80 World Radars: 10 Radar Locations around the globe with 8 Radars per Location
- Augmented Reality: Simply hold up your device to know exactly which direction a tropical storm is coming from, and how many miles you are away from the storm eye
- Stunning dynamic Local Radar (U.S. only)
- Projected Tropical Storm paths: Future tropical storm paths for the next five days
- Forecast and Hazards give you detailed forecasts for different periods of the day, and hazards that you should look out for (Tornado Watch, Flood Warning, High Tide, etc.) (U.S. only, Updated hourly)
- Graphical outlines of cloud formations that can turn into potential Tropical Storms
- 3D Earth with Live Clouds so you can see what a Tropical Storm looks like from space
- Tropical Storm and Weather Information, Summaries, Discussions, and Outlooks
8 Radars for 10 different Locations around the Globe!
- Visible - Unenhanced visible imagery that transitions to IR2 overnight
- Shortwave - Channel 2 Shortwave Infrared imagery - Shortwave, sometimes considered "night visible"
- Water Vapor - IR Channel 3
- Aviation - Aviation color enhancement
- Dvorak - Used for tropical classifications with the Dvorak technique
- JSL - Used to bring out low level and high level clouds in tropical cyclones
- Funktop - Higlights intense areas of precipitation
- Rainbow - Rainbow enhancement curve, colorful enhancement
*********Please use Wi-Fi for best performance!*********
What's New in Version 2.52
-Hurricane Track now requires iOS 8 and is now updated for iOS 8 (iOS 5/6/7 Users can still download the latest version for their OS)
-Includes advanced new Interactive 3D Earth, with Live Tropical Storms including current Wind Speed, all Earthquakes that have happened in the past 24 hours, Sunlight direction, and, if available, Live Cloud Coverage
-Interactive 3D Earth can interacted with One finger to Rotate, Two fingers to Pan, Two finger Pinch to Zoom, and Two finger rotate to change Axis
-Updated Location Manager for iOS 8 uses your location only when Hurricane Track is in the foreground
-Fixed various bugs throughout the application
App Modified To Cover Pacific Ocean
Fantastic app! It has become the best iOS tool for DEM and Hawaii State Civil Defense during Hurricanes Iselle and Julio. I approached this developer a month ago to modify this app to cover the Pacific Ocean region, the results has been far better than expected. That's why it's in our tool box now...
This was the only real time hurricane app available to use during Hurricane's Iselle and Ana that covered the Pacific Ocean. Thanks for being there for us!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 29, 2014
- Version: 2.52
- Size: 14.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mach Software Design
- © 2014 Mach Software Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.