By Kitty Code
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hurricane Pro™, The ULTIMATE Hurricane tracking application for the iPhone and iPod Touch!
For over 5 years, no other hurricane tracker has come close to Hurricane Pro™!
• Featured by: CNN Tech • TUAW • MacWorld • The Huffington Post • ZDNet • The New York Times
• TWC's Stephanie Abrams: "The only app I use for 'canes...y'all have a great one...so user friendly and lots of great satellites/discussions/history/etc!!! Thanks for making it!:) -SA"
• Chief Meteorologist Brad Panovich from WCNC: "I don't always recommend apps, but when I do, I recommend @HurricaneHD and @HurricaneTrack for tropical tracking..."
• Depended on and recommended by emergency managers and first responders
• Featured in iTunes Rewind two years running
• Best App Ever Awards - Honorable Mention 2009, 2011, 2012
• Video Updates • Extremely detailed video updates provided by an exclusive partnership with the experts at HurricaneTrack.com. HurricaneTrack.com gets in front of the storm and broadcasts back video and information from the front lines. They also provide a weekly video outlook.
• Twitter Feed • All the latest news and updates through Twitter integration.
Full detail tracking map, not just a web page like other apps. Includes forecast
cone, wind radius and extremely FAST PUSH notifications to keep you informed.
Hurricane has all the detailed information you need. The clear leader in Hurricane Tracking on iOS devices and the one and only app you need to stay up to date.
• Over 50 animated satellite images and radar
• Bulletins constantly updated from the National Hurricane Center
• Detailed interactive tracking map
• Push Notifications
• Video updates both before, during and after the storm
• Historic storm data - Atlantic back to 1851 » East & Central Pacific back to 1949
• Model runs including:
• Wind Shear
• Vorticity - 4 models
• Environmental Steering - 6 models
• Link to the FSU model runs.
Informacion en Español para el Atlantico Norte, el Mar Caribe y el Golfo de Mexico...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• La perspectiva de actividad ciclonica, advertencias, y una explicacion del pronostico praparada para usted, cortesia de la oficina meteorologica de San Juan Puerto Rico.
This application is great for:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• anyone interested in severe weather or meteorology and studying tropical system history
• learning more about historical hurricanes like Camille, Hugo, Andrew and Katrina, just to name a few.
Love Hurricane Pro™? Get Hurricane HD™ for your iPad today!
- - - - - - -
ⓘ All official hurricane data originates from the NHC. Hurricane reports the data as it becomes available, however is not guaranteed. ALWAYS execute personal responsibility - watch local media outlets when threatened by a storm!
ⓘ Internet Connection required to receive new plots and view new satellite pages and text bulletins.
ⓘ We cannot guarantee that our product is the right one for you, as no single application is perfect for everyone. Our goal however, is to create the best, most informative hurricane tracking application possible.
What's New in Version 4.2
Thank you for tracking storms with us since 2008!
• Added the Storm Info page - Back by popular demand!
• Text is now larger and easier to read on storm list and storm info pages
• Changed HOW to get data from Storm List page:
- WAS tap to see storm menu options
- NOW "swipe" to see storm menu options.
- Tap now takes you to the Storm Info Page.
• Minor bug fixes and performance tweaks.
Thank you for all of your great feedback on 4.1 - We hope you'll enjoy these updates! Feel free to contact us directly for support requests through the email on the About page or through our website, we love hearing from you! Unfortunately, we cannot respond to App Store reviews.
• Minor bug fixes and performance tweaks.
After 5 years of tracking hurricanes, Hurricane Pro™ gets:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - -
• a new name: Hurricane Pro™
• a new layout: The information you want up front and easy to find - tap to see the menu options previously found on the storm list.
• Just tap on the Menu button on the top left and choose the data you'd like to see!!
• Tap on the "outlook" image at the top of the storm list page to see the full outlook contents for the area covered in the image.
• a new Hurricane Pro icon: Ensuring you can find the best app on your device
• a social experience: Because we want you to know where the storm is, and you want to share with your friends!
• Twitter page to let you see the latest news from emergency managers, reply and rewteet those messages from your account(s).
- New This Season:
- - - - - - - - - - -
• Integrated Twitter Feed
• New Outlook image on Storm List page - tap it!
- - - - - -
• 2012 Storms added in Historic Storms
• Forecast models
• Latest Videos
• Sea Surface Temps
• Weather Analysis
• Forecast Models
• Storm Names
• Tropical Cyclone FAQs
Really find it useful, not only for hurricanes but for seeing the movement of water temperature and currents. I use it all year long, not just during hurricane season. We can be sitting in Houston with weather coming up from the Gulf Coast and also from a low swinging in from the NW. I like being able to quickly view the maps and see the information that let's me know the overall pattern and directions. Other sites have this information, tho the maps are glitchy and time consuming.
I have used this App for, 2 years and, during hurricane season, I use it regularly. I am a retired military weather officer and live on the Gulf Coast. I appreciate the ease of use and abundance of up to date information at the touch of my finger. No more decoding teletype messages and plotting current positions and tracks (current and forecast). Great App. I have recommended this it to many friends.
This is the greatest app. The reviews I read were spot on and that is why I took a chance and bought it. I live in Gulfport, MS, the heart of hurricane Katrina alley. Great radar, track modeling and such. They do not have an identical iPad app but "Hurricane HD" for iPad, it is just as good, both apps worth the $3 or $4 price. I wish all apps delivered as well as these.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jul 20, 2013
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kitty Code
- © 2008-2013 Kitty Code, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.