Hurricane Pro - Best Hurricane Tracker for Severe Weather
By Kitty Code
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hurricane Pro: The ULTIMATE Hurricane tracker app for the iPhone and iPod Touch!
For over 7 years, no other hurricane tracker has come close to Hurricane Pro!
• Featured by: CNN Tech • TUAW • MacWorld • The Huffington Post • ZDNet • The New York Times
• TWC's Stephanie Abrams: "The only app I use for 'canes...y'all have a great one...so user friendly and lots of great satellites/discussions/history/etc!!! Thanks for making it!:) -SA"
• Chief Meteorologist Brad Panovich from WCNC: "I don't always recommend apps, but when I do, I recommend @HurricaneHD and @HurricaneTrack for tropical tracking..."
• Depended on and recommended by emergency managers and first responders
• Featured in iTunes Rewind two years running
• Best App Ever Awards - Honorable Mention 2009, 2011-2013
• Video Updates • Extremely detailed video updates provided by an exclusive partnership with the experts at HurricaneTrack.com. HurricaneTrack.com gets in front of the storm and broadcasts back video and information from the front lines. They also provide a weekly video outlook.
• Twitter Feed • All the latest news and updates through Twitter integration.
Full detail tracking map, not just a web page like other apps. Includes forecast
cone, wind radius and extremely FAST PUSH notifications to keep you informed.
Hurricane has all the detailed information you need. The clear leader in Hurricane Tracking on iOS devices and the one and only app you need to stay up to date.
• Over 50 animated satellite images and radar
• Bulletins constantly updated from the National Hurricane Center
• Detailed interactive tracking map
• Push Notifications
• Video updates both before, during and after the storm
• Historic storm data - Atlantic back to 1851 » East & Central Pacific back to 1949
• Model runs including:
• Wind Shear
• Vorticity - 4 models
• Environmental Steering - 6 models
• Link to the FSU model runs.
Informacion en Español para el Atlantico Norte, el Mar Caribe y el Golfo de Mexico...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• La perspectiva de actividad ciclonica, advertencias, y una explicacion del pronostico praparada para usted, cortesia de la oficina meteorologica de San Juan Puerto Rico.
This application is great for:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• anyone interested in severe weather or meteorology and studying tropical system history
• learning more about historical hurricanes like Camille, Hugo, Andrew and Katrina, just to name a few.
Love Hurricane Pro™? Get Hurricane HD™ for your iPad today!
- - - - - - -
ⓘ All official hurricane data originates from the NHC. Hurricane reports the data as it becomes available, however is not guaranteed. ALWAYS execute personal responsibility - watch local media outlets when threatened by a storm!
ⓘ Internet Connection required to receive new plots and view new satellite pages and text bulletins.
ⓘ We cannot guarantee that our product is the right one for you, as no single application is perfect for everyone. Our goal however, is to create the best, most informative hurricane tracking application possible.
What's New in Version 4.5
Updates for 2015 hurricane season, to fix Video links and support new notifications requirements.
iPad users, please open the app while holding the device in portrait (vertical, or non-wide screen) position. We are working on an update to correct the issues with opening the app in landscape / wide screen mode on iPads.
Hurricane--Fast & Stable
I've used this app every hurricane season for years, and it's still the best (I just compared it w/ the other 10 or so weather/ hurricane/ weather radar apps I've collected since I owned that 3G (the rest of this review is years old):
Even on a 3G and a slow wifi, Hurricane updates quickly, has never crashed for me, and has a choice of graphics of the storms to make it easy to interpret, if you have to travel in the area.
My family and live in south central Louisiana about 5 miles from the gulf. Very effective tool for tracking and monitoring hurricanes. Being this close to the gulf it gives a quick look at what's going on. And it has spaghetti models. I used it before, during (we were in the eye at one point), and after hurricane gustav.
Happy with this product
I've been using this product for a couple of years. Well done. I live on the Mainland West Coast and have Family in Hawaii. This time of the year I use this App all the time. Good information. This year looks to be a History maker in the East Pacific.
- Category: Weather
- Updated: May 21, 2015
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 13.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kitty Code
- © 2008-2015 Kitty Code, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.