Hurricane Pro - Your Hurricane Tracker!
By Kitty Code
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Hurricane Pro: The best Hurricane tracker app for the iPhone and iPod Touch!
As the first hurricane tracker to be released back in 2008, Hurricane Pro has been keeping people like you safe for over 8 years. Updated often with interactive features and detail, no other hurricane tracking app comes close to the information provided inside Hurricane Pro!
Reviewed by CNN as having the best features of the Hurricane Tracker apps available for iPhone GOOGLE: "cnn top hurricane app" to read the article!
• Featured by: CNN Tech • TUAW • MacWorld • The Huffington Post • ZDNet • The New York Times •
• TWC's Stephanie Abrams: "The only app I use for 'canes...y'all have a great one...so user friendly and lots of great satellites/discussions/history/etc!!! Thanks for making it!:) -SA"
• Chief Meteorologist Brad Panovich from WCNC: "I don't always recommend apps, but when I do, I recommend @HurricaneHD and @HurricaneTrack for tropical tracking..."
• Depended on and recommended by emergency managers and first responders
• Featured in iTunes Rewind two years running
• Video Updates • Extremely detailed video updates provided by an exclusive partnership with the experts at HurricaneTrack.com. HurricaneTrack.com gets in front of the storm and broadcasts back video and information from the front lines. They also provide our weekly video outlook.
• Twitter Feed • All the latest news and updates through Twitter integration.
Full detail tracking map, not just a web page like other apps. Includes forecast cone, wind radius and extremely FAST PUSH notifications to keep you informed.
Hurricane has all the detailed information you need. The clear leader in Hurricane Tracking on iOS devices and the one and only app you need to stay up to date.
• Over 50 animated SATELLITE images and NOAA RADAR
• Bulletins constantly updated from the National Hurricane Center
• Detailed interactive tracking map
• Detailed tropical wave/invest information
• Video updates both before, during and after the storm
• Push Notifications
• Share information with friends/family via email, SMS, Facebook & Twitter
• NOAA weather radio
• Historic storm data - Atlantic back to 1851 » East & Central Pacific back to 1949
• Model runs including:
• Wind Shear
• Vorticity - 4 models
• Environmental Steering - 6 models
• Link to the FSU model runs.
• Preparedness Tips, Storm FAQs and MUCH More!
Informacion en Español para el Atlantico Norte, el Mar Caribe y el Golfo de Mexico...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• La perspectiva de actividad ciclonica, advertencias, y una explicacion del pronostico praparada para usted, cortesia de la oficina meteorologica de San Juan Puerto Rico.
This application is great for:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
• anyone interested in severe weather or meteorology and studying tropical system history
• learning more about historical hurricanes like Camille, Hugo, Andrew and Katrina, just to name a few.
Love Hurricane Pro™? Get Hurricane HD™ for your iPad today!
- - - - - - -
ⓘ All official hurricane data originates from the NHC. Hurricane reports the data as it becomes available, however is not guaranteed. ALWAYS execute personal responsibility - watch local media outlets when threatened by a storm!
ⓘ Internet Connection required to receive new plots and view new satellite pages and text bulletins.
ⓘ We cannot guarantee that our product is the right one for you, as no single application is perfect for everyone. Our goal however, is to create the best, most informative hurricane tracking application possible.
What's New in Version 5.1
Quick bug fix.
So Many 5 Star ratings?
...I guess people don't know what 5 stars looks like.
The hurricane tracker was too opaque.... very hard to determine the shoreline. You can see where the eye of the hurricane is, but to see how far the winds have moved in on the shoreline, and determine specific areas of the state it's very difficult. Sometimes you don't want to read all the fine print, "nautical this" and Lala Lala Lala. You just want a good view. Not infrared & satellite... just a good map. If you know Florida as I do, with this last hurricane I've been watching I couldn't tell where anyone or anything was underneath of the graphics. I could not find any settings to allow me to turn up or down the transparency. I would suggest that as an option in the future. Because I didn't use this app. I went back to my old one which was great! 'RadarCast Elite) I just thought maybe there that was better one out there purely for hurricanes. I bought this purely on faith of reviews. I really have to quit doing that.
The Best Hurricane App!
I have tried lots and lots of hurricane apps since "apps" came into being because I live on the gulf coast of Florida. I've had this one on my phone since before they went Pro. There is no sensationalism here, just science and experience and a clear desire to give people the information they are looking for in a straight forward way. The reporting is easy to understand so you know what your situation is quickly. The app itself is easy to navigate and though there is lots of information available, it's not complicated to use. And, lastly, over time, I have found it extremely accurate and reliable. Get this app and you will stop looking to those commercial places to get your information.
The Best Hurricane App
Ok my review on this app first of all I live on the east coast of Central Florida so we get threatened by tropical waves storms and all from June to about the end of November every year so we have to be watching out for storms all the time with Hurricane Pro you do not have to worry the app is highly accurate used is through a few storms and was pin point accurate so if you live in a tropical climate then this app is something that you might want to think about getting another thing I like about the app is that it shows you a list of past named storms which is awesome like Charlie,Frances, and Gene back in 2004 but that's all I got to say I trust this app so for sure get it you will not regret it
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Jun 07, 2016
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 29.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kitty Code
- © 2008-2016 Kitty Code, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.