Hushabye – Heartbeat, Lullaby, and Natural Water White Noise for Baby Sleep
By Miriama Young
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Beautifully simple, and it really works" - iLoveAppStore Independent Review.
Babies love white noise. Their womb environment was noisy, louder than a vacuum cleaner. Loud is a baby's normal. Noisy sounds like "home" to a baby. That's where Hushabye comes in.
Hushabye is the essential app to calm baby into blissful slumber. The App enables you to create your a mix of heartbeat and natural flowing water sounds, with a unique option to record your own lullaby.
Heartbeat, white noise, mother's voice: Hushabye recreates the noisy sonic ambience of the womb.
Designed by a mother, composer, and musicologist, Hushabye has been tried and tested on the developer's own child, and it works a charm! Very effective in calming baby.
Particular sound frequencies, outside of the adult hearing range, have been reduced during mastering and post-production to help protect baby's sensitive ears.
The app is entirely ad-free.
Hushabye features natural water white noise, sourced from pure springs, rivers and tides in New Zealand and Scotland.
What is white noise? White noise is commonly used in neonatal units, and can help alleviate symptoms of colic, reduce crying, and lull baby to sleep.
Like white light, white noise contains all frequencies of the spectrum. It is the 'Hush' sound that carers instinctively produce to soothe a child.
Transport your baby to the secure environment they experienced in the womb, and let nature’s lullabies send them into blissful slumber.
Download Hushabye today; for a tranquil night.
Here's the independent review on iLoveAppStore.com:
"Beautifully simple and it really works! This App creates comforting white noise for your baby to listen to, and helps them go off to sleep! There are different sounds to choose from, a heartbeat, tidal water and a running stream. You can isolate each sound to play separately, or play all three sounds together. Easy to navigate, the App is a must for mums and dad to help when trying to calm your crying baby! The most exciting thing about this App is that you are able to record your own voice, and sing your own lullaby to soothe baby. This could also be great for parents who are at work during the day so that they are able to sing to them! My sister has newborn twins and they both found the noises to be soothing and relaxing. Excellent!"
- Swipe and scroll through 5 special location recordings and photographs.
- Sub-audible frequencies have been attenuated to help protect baby’s sensitive ears.
- Sounds loop automatically.
- Set duration for playback.
- Playback can continue even after device is locked.
- Turn up the volume to stop baby crying, play it quietly in the background for sleep.
- Master volume linked with hardware volume slider.
- Sounds good with inbuilt speakers, or plug into your speaker dock.
- Audio can be sent to AppleTV or Airplay- enabled speakers via a button which only appears when these devices are detected on the network.
- Pinch photograph to return to opening screen.
- View images in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Option to overlay additional information about the specific water locations.
- Set transition time between photographs.
- Mix settings are saved and recalled automatically between runs.
- Put the device in Airplane mode to prevent disturbance during sleep.
- Never play the App at a volume that could damage baby’s sensitive ears.
- Your device should never be placed close to baby’s body, please follow Apple’s guidelines.
- To protect hearing, never play sound at a loud volume for extended periods.
What's New in Version 1.2.2
Great concept, flawed program
Crashes within 60 seconds of opening. Every time.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jan 16, 2015
- Version: 1.2.2
- Size: 62.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Miriama Young
- © Miriama Young
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.