Hushabye – Heartbeat, Lullaby, and Natural Water White Noise for Baby Sleep
By Miriama Young
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
"Beautifully simple, and it really works"
- iLoveAppStore Independent Review.
Babies love white noise.
The womb environment was noisy, louder than a vacuum cleaner. Noisy sounds like "home" to a baby. That's where Hushabye comes in.
Hushabye is the essential App to calm your baby.
- Create your own mix of heartbeat & natural water sounds, record your own lullaby.
- Designed by a music professor & mother - tested and proven on her children (every night!).
- To protect baby's sensitive ears, specific high sound frequencies --- which lie outside most adult's hearing range --- are reduced.
- The app is entirely ad-free.
- Features natural water white noise, sourced from pure springs, rivers and tides in New Zealand and Scotland.
What is white noise? White noise is used in neonatal units, and helps alleviate symptoms of colic, reduces crying, and lulls baby to sleep.
Like white light, white noise contains all frequencies of the spectrum. It is the 'Hush' sound that carers instinctively produce to soothe a child.
Transport your baby to the secure environment they experienced in the womb, and let nature’s lullabies send them into blissful slumber.
Heartbeat, white noise, mother's voice: Hushabye recreates the noisy sonic ambience of the womb.
Download Hushabye today; for a tranquil night.
Here's the independent review on iLoveAppStore.com:
"Beautifully simple and it really works! This App creates comforting white noise for your baby to listen to, and helps them go off to sleep! There are different sounds to choose from, a heartbeat, tidal water and a running stream. You can isolate each sound to play separately, or play all three sounds together. Easy to navigate, the App is a must for mums and dad to help when trying to calm your crying baby! The most exciting thing about this App is that you are able to record your own voice, and sing your own lullaby to soothe baby. This could also be great for parents who are at work during the day so that they are able to sing to them! My sister has newborn twins and they both found the noises to be soothing and relaxing. Excellent!"
- Swipe and scroll through 5 special location recordings and photographs.
- Sub-audible frequencies have been attenuated to help protect baby’s sensitive ears.
- Sounds loop automatically.
- Set duration for playback.
- Playback can continue even after device is locked.
- Turn up the volume to stop baby crying, play it quietly in the background for sleep.
- Master volume linked with hardware volume slider.
- Sounds good with inbuilt speakers, or plug into your speaker dock.
- Audio can be sent to AppleTV or Airplay- enabled speakers via a button which only appears when these devices are detected on the network.
- Pinch photograph to return to opening screen.
- View images in landscape or portrait orientation.
- Option to overlay additional information about the specific water locations.
- Set transition time between photographs.
- Mix settings are saved and recalled automatically between runs.
- Put the device in Airplane mode to prevent disturbance during sleep.
- Never play the App at a volume that could damage baby’s sensitive ears.
- Your device should never be placed close to baby’s body, please follow Apple’s guidelines.
- To protect hearing, never play sound at a loud volume for extended periods.
What's New in Version 1.2.3
Puts my grand daughter to sleep every night. When my grand daughter was born she was very colicky baby. She had a stuff animal music box she loved its tune but it would only play for a few minutes and wind down(not good). I purchased this app & recorded her music box tune put it on a loop and it plays all night for her. She sleep peacefully every night sense. She is going to be 1 next week so I played it for her every weekend for a year now. Thank you for her sweet dreams and mine 💕😴.
Sweet dreams at last!
Baby is snoozing right now to natural river sounds. He was so cranky and then I put the app on a he was out like a light!! OMG this app is a life-saver! def recommend to all parents out there!!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Jun 04, 2015
- Version: 1.2.3
- Size: 63.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Miriama Young
- © Miriama Young
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.