Graph Paper (Hüslipapier)
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Draw like on a graph paper. Perfect for simple diagrams, flowcharts, technical drawings, drafts or code documentation. Export to the following file formats:
- PDF (Portable Document Format)
- EPS (Encapsulated Postscript)
- SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics)
- TXT (Text as ASCII art)
It works great with a drawing tablet!
This application allows you to draw simple vector art with lines, arrows, boxes, symbols and text quick and intuitive with a flexibility unavailable to other applications!
But beware: This application has a twist: Everything you draw must be a symbol on a grid.
You find tutorial videos and some examples on the website. Note that this application originally was called "Hüslipapier".
There is also a free application "Graph Paper Viewer" with many examples which allows to view, print and export Graph Paper documents (.hpd)
Unlike other applications, Graph Paper stores the contents not as vectors but rather more as a series of symbols. Nonetheless, the application is capable of easily creating vector-graphics out of these symbols. Currently, the file formats EPS, SVG and PDF are supported which are the most common technologies for scientific publications and web-graphics.
Additionally, it is possible to automatically convert the symbols to ASCII-Art and (if desired) to prepend comment symbols. This makes it easy to write documentations for your software.
What's New in Version 1.4.6
Version 1.4 Features: The Limitless Update
- Canvas is infinite now.
- No more restrictions for diagonal lines.
- Arrows and curves can now be placed by positioning and dragging
- Replaced dot-tool with drawing-tool. Added three more symbols. Select the desired symbol using hotkeys 1 to 5. (Like in Minecraft!)
- Drawing Lines can now be done somewhat arbitrary.
- Tools palette is now only 1 symbol wide.
- Hüslipapier is now called Graph Paper in English localizations.
- Added German localization.
- Version 1.4.1 fixes a crash, a copy-paste bug and open spaces
- Version 1.4.2 adds numerical keypad bindings and more german localizations
- Version 1.4.3 adds more examples to the help menu
- Version 1.4.4 Improves speed, zoom and small things
- Version 1.4.5 Fixes bug and has internal improvements
- New Icon
- Fix for window positioning bug
- Fix for Viewer first startup
- Removing of deprecated API
The ultimate doodling tool
Some feature ideas:
- Have a menu/palette for saving frequently used patterns. This would be a great time saver over the current ‘open file, find, copy, paste’
- A way to type in different coordinates and then move to those coordinates. Could be very helpful for large drawings. Maybe a way to save coordinates with a name.
- Colors would be nice.
Best of genre
So very easy to use. So very easy to teach to others. The gestalt and utility are exceptional. Perfect for personal, business, commercial and industrial 2D reference creation by the everyday person, yet a very able tool for engineers away from their professional workstation software. If you need graph paper capability with symbol markings, Graph Paper is hands down a most simple and elegant solution.
Excellent tool for quick remodel ideas!
This program has saved the day on two remodel projects since I switched to MAC and don’t have access to AutoCAD anymore.
-Unfortunately the draw select symbols at the bottom of the frame disappear after saving and re-opening.
(If this issue didn’t exist the program would get 5 stars.)
PLEASE FIX THE DRAW SYMBOLS
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 04, 2015
- Version: 1.4.6
- Size: 1.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Manderim GmbH
- © Manderim GmbH
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later, 64-bit processor