By Kevin Burandt
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Make your job easier with our refrigerant charging and diagnostic HVAC app - HVAC Buddy®. If you are servicing equipment the best way to begin diagnosis and determine the proper refrigerant charge is to use HVAC Buddy®, a set of gauges, and a thermometer.
• Superheat for fixed capillary or Subcooling forTXV/EXV systems
• Calculates targeted vs. actual Subcooling
• Over 100 refrigerants including newer azeotropic blends
• Airflow / Delta-T / TEET Calculation
• Email System Status Report
• Imperial (IP) or Metric (SI)
• Use Target Superheat and Subcooling tables or enter manually
• Update all values with realtime output
• Line Chart displays historical values based on input changes or elapsed time
If the early outdoor temperature is 75F and you charge the system to a “beer can cold” suction line your system is likely improperly charged. Later in the afternoon high temperatures will increase head pressure and the resulting overcharge means a lower than desired superheat and wasted energy. Not good!
• Enter refrigerant, temps, and pressures
• The math is done for you to display Superheat, Subcooling and Airflow Target, Actual, and Difference
• Email all readings (detail)
• Flexible units - psi, kPa, Fahrenheit, Celsius, etc.
• Calculates Superheat and Subcooling targets
• Airflow - For cooling, compares a targeted difference across the coil vs. actual. Also called Delta-T or Target Evaporator Exit Temperature (TEET).
• System Status Report - Use the email tab to create defaults for email addresses, subject, and System Status Report introductory text. Tap the email button and these values are incorporated into a formatted page including all the parameters recorded in HVAC Buddy. Edit the email and / or add contacts from your contact list. Then on each service call it's just a couple taps to send a personalized report.
Accolades and Awards:
HVAC Buddy® ranked #2 in ContractingBusiness.com readers choice of top 10 contracting apps.
HVAC Buddy® was featured by the California Association of HERS Raters and is CalHERS approved!
"Very cool app. I can see California really running with this as we have strict requirements for verification." - John Richau, Executive Director, Calhers
"an excellent programme" - Charlie Richards
HVAC Buddy® Load Calc - Now Available
HVAC Buddy® Duct Calc - Powerful tool with a simple to use real-time interface to help you choose optimal duct sizes.
HVAC Buddy® Pressure Temperature - Over 90 Refrigerant combinations and their corresponding PT relationship in Metric or Imperial units.
HVAC Buddy® Psychrometric - Quickly calculate thermodynamic properties of moist air at temperatures commonly used in HVAC systems. Enter multiple sets of properties, mix air streams.
What's New in Version 4.1
Corrected error causing crash during some types of input.
HVAC Buddy R-4
The new version of HVAC Buddy R-4 has a screen capture issue. While the capture shows up in photo's, if you try to import it into "Invoice 2 Go " all you get is a black screen. Screen capture can be texted however.
Anyway to roll back to old version?
Also all contact options on web don't work.
Miss the old interface
Just tried the new version and miss the old style.
No more Great app!
New update 👎🏼. Complicated. Sencilla eficaz y fácil de usar, solo necesita mas refrigerantes.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Mar 03, 2017
- Version: 4.1
- Size: 28.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Burandt
- © Powertrade Services LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.