Winner of RSES Magazine's 2014 Reader Service Award!
The HVAC RefCharge app is a refrigerant charging calculator that allows HVAC technicians to perform superheat and subcool refrigerant charge calculations on-the-fly. This app includes pressure/temperature data for over 100 refrigerants.
This is a universal app that works on both the iPhone and iPad and adjusts its screen size accordingly.
This app now includes the HVAC Equipment Locator. Click here for details: http://bit.ly/1yTq539
The following is a list of additional features:
1. Perform superheat refrigerant charge calculations for 100+ different refrigerants. Input the indoor wet-bulb and outdoor dry-bulb temps. to get the target superheat temperature. Then, specify the suction line temperature and pressure to get the actual superheat temperature. The difference tells you whether to charge or not. Also, the app auto-assigns the dew version of azeotropic refrigerant to superheat, if applicable.
2. Perform subcool refrigerant charge calculations for 100+ different refrigerants. Input the indoor wet-bulb and outdoor dry-bulb temps. to get the target subcool temperature. Then, specify the liquid line temperature and pressure to get the actual subcool temperature. The difference tells you whether to charge or not. Also, the app auto-assigns the bubble version of azeotropic refrigerant to subcool, if applicable.
3. Use an interactive slider control to increase or decrease all values and immediately observe calculated results. Also, the slider control allows for "incremental" changes so you can ever-so-slightly change values to observe newly calculated results.
4. Specify atmospheric pressure (other than standard 14.7 psi) so that calculated pressures are adjusted for high elevations like those in Denver and elsewhere.
5. Customize input types so that you can specify manufacturer-specified target superheat/subcool or input indoor dry-bulb/indoor relative humidity in place of indoor wet-bulb temperature.
6. Take a photo and assign it to the project
7. Send an email that includes all inputs, results, and the photo with a custom message
8. Display input and result values in either English or Metric units
1. Updated look and feel to super retina (higher resolution)
2. Fixed iOS 11 bug where preferences values were not persisting
Ratings and Reviews
Charge / Locator
Is there a way that you can save the charging app info to a piece of equipment in the Equipment Locator App? I kind of thought that was the purpose of the Locator App. Is there a way to input the temp press readings into the Locator App? It would be nice if you could just save all of your inputs from the charging app over to the locator side of the app. Please let me know if this is possible.
User friendly and best hvac charge app I have used!
- Carmel Software Corporation
- 24.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Carmel Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved.
- In-App Purchases
- HVAC Equipment Locator $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.