THIS IS THE FIRST (AND ONLY) HVAC MANUAL J8 ABRIDGED LOAD CALCULATION MOBILE APP FOR THE APPLE IPAD. SEE WHY OVER 175,000 ENGINEERS, TECHNICIANS, AND ARCHITECTS HAVE LICENSED OUR SOFTWARE FOR THEIR HVAC ENGINEERING NEEDS:
(For full online help and a training video, click http://bit.ly/1aifR6n
For a schedule of our live training webinars, click http://bit.ly/1IHn7nA)
Bonus: This app now includes our popular HVAC Equipment Locator app built right in! Click here for details about that app: http://bit.ly/1a2RskH
This app allows you to perform detailed block and room-by-room heating and cooling loads for residential buildings out in the field, by taking advantage of the simplicity, power, and screen-size of the iPad.
This app was designed by Carmel Software Corporation, a 20-year old software design firm specializing in engineering analysis software applications. We are not just 1 person designing mobile apps out of a bedroom. We are a team of software developers with over 50 years combined software and engineering design experience. In fact, our software powers the analysis capabilities of major Autodesk software tools such as Revit (The makers of AutoCAD). Also, we provide full support including phone, email, and periodic live webinars.
The following is just a small sample of the features included in this app:
1. Calculations based upon ACCA Manual J8 Abridged calculations
2. Includes a 1000+ world-wide city weather database
3. Includes data for 100s of construction types for walls, roofs, floors, doors, windows, skylights, ceilings, and more
4. Allows you to create and store an unlimited number of projects.
5. Allows you to specify an unlimited # of envelope types (ie – doors, walls, roofs, floors, ceilings), window types, and skylight types for each building
6. Allows you to model individual rooms so you can view room loads and airflows
7. Allows you to instantly view total heating and cooling load results as you update input data
8. Allows you to view comprehensive cooling and heating load breakdown reports including breakdown by opaque load, window load, skylight load, infiltration load, ventilation load and internal load contributions
9. Envelope inputs include envelope type, envelope construction number, dimensions, and opening areas
10. Window inputs include window type, internal and external shading type, overhang dimensions, window area, and more..
11. Additional input types include # of people, # of bedrooms, ventilation airflow, and more..
12. Includes ability to display a wide variety of on-screen reports including checksum reports (ie – BTUh/SqFt, SqFt/Ton, etc.), complete heating and cooling load breakdown reports, and even graphically-pleasing pie charts showing cooling and heating load breakdowns. You can also email these reports as PDFs to yourself or clients.
13. Includes the ability to display a comprehensive HTML report that you can email to yourself or others, and it also includes a spreadsheet attachment that you can open in Excel to further massage data on your desktop
14. Includes ability to input your company information to display on the emailed report
15. Includes ability to display units in either English (IP) or Metric (SI).
16. Includes ability to perform room-by-room load calcs
17. This is the same technology that powers the Trane MAP iPad app that they offer to their elite dealer network.
18. Now includes the HVAC Equipment Locator app built right in.
The benefits of using this app are numerous including:
1. Great for use out in the field. Quickly size heating and cooling equipment, show the client, then email the results back to your office for further analysis.
2. Show off your advanced on-screen reports to clients convincing them you are using cutting-edge technology
3. Save time by inputting information in the field and then returning to your office to perform more in-depth analysis
Please email us at email@example.com for any comments and suggestions for improvements.
1. Optimized for iOS 11
2. Optimized for all iPad screen sizes
3. Updated UI
4. Fixed printing bugs
5. Updated help
Ratings and Reviews
A game changer
I'm a Trane reseller and this app was recommended to us. I have not been disappointed so far. Before this app, I usually wrote information about the house into my paper-notebook, then went back to the office to enter the information into my desktop-based software. Now, with this app, I can enter all the information into my iPad, then email it back to my office for further analysis. This has really revolutionized the way I do loads. Also, my residential clients are quite impressed with the reporting and the fact I am using the iPad for determining the size of equipment. I highly recommend this app!
HVAC Residential Load Calc is fantastic !
Having used many load programs in my career this one by far is the best and easy to use. The layout is easy to understand and teach to technicians and sales people. If your in the HVAC replacement business, this is a must have tool. Loads can be completed on site within 15 minutes and emailed back to the office immediately for review by the installation manager. I am looking forward to the IPad version for room by room loads.
Thanks for a great product!
Pretty decent app
Fairly simple to use especially on site. I've had numerous load programs and this does work properly. My only reason for three stars is there is no specific construction data for foam insulation. Most popular load programs have specifics for this. I have called and talked to these guys and they say just choose the R value. Well that's what the program is supposed to do after you choose thickness and poundage of the foam being used as well as closed cell or open cell. I certainly wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks for this program. Just saying.
- Carmel Software Corporation
- 19.2 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Carmel Software Corporation. All Rights Reserved
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.