Hydra - Amazing Photography
By Creaceed SPRL
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hydra offers innovative photo capture technology, and lets you take beautiful pictures even in the most difficult lighting conditions, which makes it a great companion to iOS Camera app.
Hydra captures more light by merging up to 60 frames to make a single high-quality picture (less noise, more highlights/shadows) on iPhone and iPad. Hydra also goes beyond the 8-megapixel sensor limit, with up to 32-megapixel high-resolution images. It uses the latest evolutions of iPhone and iPad camera hardware, as well as the latest camera APIs and GPU rendering technologies.
Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
• Hydra's High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
• Video-HDR uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode (iPhone 6) to create stunning videos.
• Lo-light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
• Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x and 4x scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique(*).
• Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image(*).
Hydra also features a photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata, directly linked with built-in iOS photo album, thus avoiding duplicates and allowing to flag as favorites.
(*) recommended for static & distant scenery. Rendering artifacts can occur for scenes with parallax and for moving subjects.
What's New in Version 1.4.1
- Updated to support iPhone X.
- Improved Volume button shutter handling.
Amazing combo with iPhone X!
Pros: This app is a great compliment to the iPhone X camera! i have been using it for a few days now and I’m blown away with the quality of the HDR! This is the first time i have seen an app take more than 3 pictures to make up a good HDR image.
Cons: The only thing that would be cool to see this app do is have one more “light” HDR option. The normal is sometimes too strong. And the strong is so strong it’s pretty much unusable.
Overall this app was worth writing about! Worth the money on your new iPhone 8/8plus and X!
I’ve owned an iPhone since it’s initial release and I’ve never writing a review for an app until now. 10 years. This app does everything it says it does! On my iPhone X the shots are what I expected and more. I recommend this app to anyone who is a photographer. Professional to the beginner. This is an app you need in your photo arsenal!
No Sound Video!
The photo parts of the app are wonderful. I used the hdr video for the first time at my son’s christmas music program. I got so excited when i got home to watch it on tv. But when i played it on my phone it had no sound even with my phone volume in full!!! I transferred the file to my mac and it still had no sound!!! So disapponting and frustrating!!!
Can the developers explain this please!
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 03, 2017
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 29.2 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Creaceed SPRL
- © 2015-2017 - Creaceed SPRL
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.