Hydra offers innovative photo capture technology, and lets you take beautiful pictures even in the most difficult lighting conditions, which makes it a great companion to iOS Camera app.
Hydra captures more light by merging up to 60 frames to make a single high-quality picture (less noise, more highlights/shadows) on iPhone and iPad. Hydra also goes beyond the 8- or 12-megapixel sensor limit, with up to 32-megapixel high-resolution images. It uses the latest evolutions of iPhone and iPad camera hardware, as well as the latest camera APIs and GPU rendering technologies.
Hydra provides 5 specific capture modes: HDR, Video-HDR, Lo-Light, Zoom, and Hi-res modes.
• Hydra's High Dynamic Range (HDR) mode is based on an alternate method that captures up to 20 images and that is made to handle even the most difficult lighting conditions.
• Video-HDR uses single-image tone mapping and device-specific sensor mode (iPhone 6) to create stunning videos.
• Lo-Light mode removes sensor noise by merging together multiple images and amplifying light by a factor of 10 to provide a better image quality.
• Zoom mode uses real-time, super-resolution technique to recreate missing pixels from hand motion, producing 2x, 4x and 8x scale factors with more details than the standard digital zooming technique(*).
• Hi-res mode produces up to 32MP images from the regular 8 or 12MP camera sensor, providing finer details in captured image(*).
• As of version 1.5, Hydra supports the telephoto and front cameras respectively in Zoom and Lo-Light/HDR modes.
Hydra also features a photo gallery for reviewing images and their metadata, directly linked with built-in iOS photo album, thus avoiding duplicates and allowing to flag as favorites.
(*) recommended for static & distant scenery. Rendering artifacts can occur for scenes with parallax and for moving subjects.
- Updated for new iPhone sizes (including iPhone XS Max and more).
- Updated for Apple Watch Series 4.
- Fixed a bug affecting the insertion date in Photos app.
Ratings and Reviews
Take beautiful pictures in even the most difficult lighting conditions.
Okay so I never write reviews unless it’s for some bogus unlock in an app, but I’m writing this one because this is seriously the best camera app I’ve ever had, period. It has an extremely simple layout, and every shooting Option can produce gorgeous photos, none of them feel like just a thrown together “filler” mode, and if you follow the tips it’ll get even better from there.
P.S. anyone who hasn’t already should see what happens when you take multiple photos of the same area/subject. The app doesn’t just mesh the frames it captures during one shoot. ;) (insanely powerful and smart application guys, no complaints.)
Thank you for the kind words! They are really appreciated! /TC
Amazing combo with iPhone X!
Pros: This app is a great compliment to the iPhone X camera! i have been using it for a few days now and I’m blown away with the quality of the HDR! This is the first time i have seen an app take more than 3 pictures to make up a good HDR image.
Cons: The only thing that would be cool to see this app do is have one more “light” HDR option. The normal is sometimes too strong. And the strong is so strong it’s pretty much unusable.
Overall this app was worth writing about! Worth the money on your new iPhone 8/8plus and X!
- Creaceed SPRL
- 17.4 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015-2017 - Creaceed SPRL
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.