Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create beautiful animated and interactive web content with Hype!
Hype’s HTML5 output works on all modern browsers and mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. No coding required.
Hype has been used by leading designers to create animations which add “wow” factor to web pages, infographics, ads, iBooks, educational content, app prototypes, portfolios, entire websites, and much, much more. Hype is a 2011 Macworld Editors’ Choice Award winner.
The Easiest Way to Animate & Add Interactivity:
• Keyframe-based animation system
• Record mode watches your every move, automatically creating keyframes as needed
• Manually add, remove, and rearrange keyframes to fine-tune your content
• Create natural curves by clicking and dragging on an element’s motion path to add bézier control points
• Make scenes for organization or flow, and use actions to switch between them with smooth transitions
• Use the power of multiple simultaneous timelines to run animations based on user events
Harness the Power of HTML5:
• A flexible layout system intelligently resizes your content to fit any screen
• Integrate video and audio for stunning multimedia documents
• Cutting-edge effects: blur, hue shift, shadows, reflection, and 3D transforms
• Add custom fonts from the Google Font Directory and other sources
• Content works across all browsers from IE 6 to the latest Chrome
• When there are no good fallbacks, Hype’s expressive warning system reports browser incompatibilities
Perfect for Mobile:
• Unlike Flash, Hype’s HTML5 output works effectively on mobile devices
• Use swipe and touch actions
• Bind drag events to timeline positions for rich interactivity
• Various mobile options: home screen web apps, offline application cache, viewport, and more
• Preview instantly to iOS devices with the free Hype Reflect app (http://tumult.com/hype/reflect/)
• Hype Reflect’s Mirror Mode shows edits live as you make them
WYSIWYG is “What You See Is What You Get”:
• Powered by WebKit, the same modern rendering engine that powers Safari
• Tweak every aspect of your content with Hype’s rich inspector
• Intelligent guidelines, arrangement, and sizing tools
Export When You’re Finished:
• Integrate into existing pages by copying and pasting 3 lines of HTML
• Great for ads and fast on mobile: A minimal document is only 21 KB (compressed) and 3 network connections
• Optional automatic image optimization ensures your images are web-safe and Retina-ready
• Share creations easily with Dropbox public folder publishing
• Export as an iBooks Author widget for educational content or storytelling
• Export as videos and animated GIFs to get your content in apps or services that don’t support HTML
Get Your Hands Dirty (But Only If You Need To):
• Edit the Inner HTML of elements and see changes rendered on the fly
Because We Love OS X:
• Written in Cocoa exclusively as an OS X app (supports 10.6 to 10.9)
• Adopts most new OS X features and is gorgeous on Retina displays
• Intuitive and easy to use, letting you focus on creating great content
• Launches in a second
What's New in Version 2.5.2
- Added export option to control looping of animated GIFs
- Bug fixes
Visit our What’s New page for more info and a video tour:
Give credit where credit is due
Using this app is both simple and fun, and the best part is that it is capable of producing some great stuff. It’s also nice to know that it’s getting regular updates that add great new features! I highly recommend this product, for anyone who loves animation, motion graphics, flashy websites.
Try it out, you can download a demo version on their main site. Once you’re hooked buy the full version and support the developers, because they have produced a top notch product.
App is Great - Customer Support is Better!
Honestly the best tool I’ve seen, used for people with limitted coding skills.
If you need help - they are there in full force to help with your project and to troubleshoot anything you may come across. Promise I will continue to work with these guys in the future.
It’s pronounced “GIF” 😄
Hype 2 has become my replacement to Adobe Flash. I liked Flash, but the blocking of Flash in web browsers seems to be more common lately. Additionally, Flash is not as crossplatform friendly – not like it used to be. Safari on the iPhone doesn’t support Flash. Hype is now my alternative. I’ve created amazing projects with Hype. These projects have earned the respect of my peers. When I tell people, “Oh, you can do that with Hype!” They seem to get nervous. This is not some alien technology. It’s a fairly easy to use app. It’s a logical progression for creating interactive files — in multiplatform friendly HTML5.
Exported projects work in iBooks, on the web and could even be used to make apps. (Right now, there’s offline application cache, but a project could manually be chucked into a webview. I’m thinking the latter should be automated. With export to Xcode, Hype could be an even more powerful tool.)
Lately, I’ve been manually adding jQuery and SVG to my Hype projects. The results have been amazing! (I look forward to showing off my big project next month!)
The only thing I don’t really like about Hype is how they say “GIF”. It’s not like “GIFT” without a “T”. It starts with a “J” sound. 😊
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Mar 26, 2014
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 10.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Tumult Inc.
- © 2013 Tumult Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.6 or later