Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Create stunning animated and interactive web content with Hype. Hype’s HTML5 output works on all modern browsers and mobile devices like iPhones and iPads. No coding required.
*** Hype Professional In-App Purchase upgrade now available! ***
Hype is used by leading designers to create animations which add a “wow” factor to web pages, infographics, presentations, digital magazines, ads, iBooks, educational content, app prototypes, portfolios, animated GIFs, videos, entire websites, and much more. Hype won the 2011 Macworld Editors’ Choice Award.
From prototype to production, anyone can create rich interactive media with Hype.
• Easy to use keyframe-based animation system
• Record mode watches your every move, automatically creating keyframes as needed
• Create natural motion curves with bézier paths
• Make scenes for organization and flow
• Use the power of multiple simultaneous timelines to run animations
• Visually build action handlers to respond to taps, clicks, and animation events
Create Stunning Content:
• WebKit-based WYSYWIG “what you see is what you get” scene editing
• Intelligent guidelines, arrangement, and sizing tools
• Easily integrate video and audio for stunning multimedia documents
• Cutting-edge effects: blur, hue shift, brightness, saturation, shadows, reflection, and 3D transforms
• Add Google Fonts to your projects or use your own CSS web fonts
• A flexible layout system resizes your content to fit any screen
• Retina image support
Perfect for Mobile:
• Hype’s HTML5 output works great on mobile devices
• Easily add swipe and touch actions
• Bind drag events to timeline positions for rich interactivity
• Preview your projects on iPhones and iPads with the free Hype Reflect companion iOS app
• Hype Reflect’s Mirror Mode shows edits live as you make them
Extend with Code:
• Edit the Inner HTML of any element
Export to HTML:
• Content works across all browsers from IE 6 up to the latest Chrome
• Integrate into existing pages by copying and pasting 3 lines of HTML
• Great for ads and fast on mobile: A minimal document is only 24 KB (compressed) and 3 network connections
• Share your work by publishing directly to Dropbox
Hype also Exports:
• iBooks Author widgets
• Animated GIFs
Because We Love OS X:
• Written in Cocoa exclusively as an OS X app (supports 10.8 through 10.10)
• Adopts new OS X features and is gorgeous on Retina displays
Hype Pro is available as an in-app purchase and adds powerful features to Hype 3:
• Responsive Layouts
• Symbols for creating reusable elements
• Persistent Symbols for master content
• Dark interface theme
• Editable timing functions
• Grid system
• Rearrangeable interface
• OAM widget export
Unlock Hype Pro via the Hype > Upgrade to Hype Professional menu item.
What's New in Version 3.0.3
What’s New in 3.0.3:
- PNG Sequence Export
- Bug Fixes
What’s New in 3.0:
- Complete UI refresh
- 24 New timing functions
- Independent scene sizes
- HTML accessibility improvements
- Copy/paste and rearrange timelines
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
*** Introducing Hype Professional! ***
The Hype Pro in-app purchase adds powerful features to Hype 3:
- Responsive Layouts
- Symbols for creating reusable elements
- Persistent Symbols for master content
- Dark interface theme
- Editable timing functions
- Grid system
- Rearrangeable interface
- OAM widget export
Unlock via the Hype > Upgrade to Hype Professional menu item.
Visit our Hype Pro page for more info and a video tour:
UPDATE: My review only covers the part of Hype 3 that you get without buying the pro upgrade. It’s a great program even without that upgrade. With the upgrade you’ll get the extra functionality that would make it more or less the twin sibling of Adobe Edge Animate like the ability to package your animations into OAM files.
Awesome Program — Awful Documentation
The program is very cool, but the documentation is awful. For example, the documentation says, "Reveal the layout selector by clicking the Layouts toolbar button and then click the Plus button in the layout selector’s header." There is no link to help you learn about the layout selector, making the text essentially useless without having to guess your way through the entire document. In addition, there is no consistency with capitalization for component names. For example "layout selector" is lower case and "Layout toolbar" is mixed case. Choosing a style and sticking to it makes the documentation easier to handle. I could give dozens of more examples, but I am not trying to beat up the developers or the program. I still give the software five stars—that is *****—but please put as much effort into the documentation as you do the program itself. BTW, this is not nitpicking. I have worked in documentation development for more than 35 years and designed one of the first online documentation systems. I stay current and understand the requirements and technologies.
Finally, a great multimedia tool
I’ve used many multimedia creation tools over the years, from Hypercard to Director to Authorware to Multimedia Builder and, naturally, Flash. The big problem with all of them is that they required the end user to have specific plug-ins or OSes. Hype is finally a cross-platform distribution tool that allows for sophisticated multimedia requiring no plug-ins. Its ease of use is unparalleled, but it also allows for intricate complexity if the designer needs it. It’s now my go-to app for all my interactive design. And it’s also an ideal program to use when teaching multimedia design (which is what I do). Kudos to Tumult for putting so much thought into the interface and execution.
- Category: Graphics & Design
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 3.0.3
- Size: 10.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Tumult Inc.
- © 2015 Tumult Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Hype Professional$49.99