By The Hype Machine, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the most talked-about music from publications around the world. This is Hype Machine in your pocket.
Every day, thousands of people write about music they love — and it all ends up on Hype Machine. We track new posts across hundreds of sites and bring them all together for an endless stream of new music.
Each week, we also premiere an album and publish a newsletter of notable tracks, which you can explore in the app as well.
Hype Machine lets you navigate the vibrant world of blogs in a few ways:
• LATEST: Music being discussed right now, constantly updated
• POPULAR: Tracks that are getting the most love on the Hype Machine
• FAVORITES: Your favorite tracks on the Hype Machine.
• FEED: Customized new posts from your favorite blogs, and friends
• FRIENDS: Music your friends are loving right now
• GENRES: Newest tracks posted on blogs organized by genre
• BLOG DIRECTORY: Every blog we track at http://hypem.com/blogs
• STACK: Weekly newsletter with five good tracks and one good read
• ALBUM PREMIERE: Preview a new album, in full, every week
Oh yeah, and the app scrobbles to Last.fm. Just enable it in your Hype Machine settings at http://hypem.com
We’ve been introducing people to breaking new artists and influential music blogs since 2005 (before there were iPhones :Þ), and have been featured in Wired, The Guardian, Washington Post, Billboard, Popular Science, Rolling Stone, Esquire and more.
"No other app I’ve tested recently introduced me to as much new music that I’ve liked yet never heard before as Hype Radio — and I’ve been looking."
-Eliot Van Buskirk (Wired, Evolver.fm)
Any questions? Write email@example.com and we will write back!
What's New in Version 2.7.8
* If the app is unloaded in the background, it will now return to what you were playing earlier
* Fix for the annoying issue where Previous & Next track controls would sometimes disappear on the lock screen
* Minor crash fixes and memory optimizations
I recognize that the removal of offline mode is due to SoundCloud, but without it, my reasons for continuing to use HM are minimal. HM provided a soundtrack to my underground and network-less commute, as well as saved me numerous MBs of cell data.
Also, ads? I paid for this app. Very anti-consumer.
I will be exploring new alternatives for my music needs.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 24, 2017
- Version: 2.7.8
- Size: 34.1 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: The Hype Machine, Inc
- © The Hype Machine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.