By The Hype Machine, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Discover the most talked-about music from blogs around the world. This is the Hype Machine in your pocket.
Every day, thousands of people around the world write about music they love — and it all ends up on Hype Machine. We watch for new posts on over 800 of the most interesting blogs and make it easy to follow this chaotic world.
You can listen to the newest tracks posted just minutes ago, the most popular tracks of the day, and check out what your friends have discovered on the service. Each week, we also hand-pick an album that you can stream in its entirety before you can buy it. All this, without ads or monthly fees.
See what people are saying about the app:
Hype Machine lets you navigate the vibrant world of blogs in a few ways:
• LATEST: Music being discussed right now, constantly updated
• POPULAR: Tracks that are getting the most love on the Hype Machine
• FAVORITES: Your favorite tracks on the Hype Machine. A simple offline view lets you see your recently played favorites when you are in air or underground.
• FEED: Customized new posts from your favorite blogs, and friends
• FRIENDS: Music your friends are loving right now
• GENRES: Newest tracks posted on blogs organized by genre
• BLOG DIRECTORY: Every blog we track at http://hypem.com/blogs
• ALBUM PREMIERE: Preview a new album, in full, every week
Oh yeah, and the app scrobbles to Last.fm. Just enable it in your Hype Machine settings at http://hypem.com
We’ve been introducing people to breaking new artists and influential music blogs since 2005 (before there were iPhones :Þ), and have been featured in Wired, The Guardian, Washington Post, Billboard, Popular Science, Rolling Stone, Esquire, Business 2.0, G4TV, and more.
"No other app I’ve tested recently introduced me to as much new music that I’ve liked yet never heard before as Hype Radio — and I’ve been looking."
-Eliot Van Buskirk (Wired, Evolver.fm)
Any questions? Write firstname.lastname@example.org and we will write back!
What's New in Version 2.3.3
* Improvements in Offline Mode
* Playback History is now synchronized with the history on the web, and you can listen to the previously heard tracks
* Tapping the sidebar player now takes you back exactly where you were
* Fixed a bug that caused all blog names in Song Info View to point to the same blog
* Added unread feed count to menu
* Added featured blogs to Blog Directory
* Fixed a few background update issues
It's been a year... No improvements
I have now had this app a year. It's the most I've paid for an app other than some utility apps. There have been zero noticeable improvements...
Still no ipad optimized version app, no change to the interface, just nothing.
Hype machine is a great place to find music and share, but this app is terrible for the price.
I want to see the ability to start hype machine and automatically play music, like pandora, or able to start with the favorites instead of the popular page, or really anything innovative would be great.
Also, I hate that the app closes completely when I pause a track for a while, as opposed to most other music apps which will pick up where I left off... Not this app, if I go more than a few minutes it restarts back up to the start page and I have to go pick up where I left off.
In other words, every time I get in my car I have to enter the app, scroll through the songs I've already heard and re-select the song I was previously on... An extra couple minutes to the start of my drive that I don't have with any of my other music apps
I have been incredibly disappointed with the lack of attention this app receives.
Don't pay $4.99 until they update!!
My main music source
I never write reviews; that being said... I've been a huge music blog junkie for years - always trying to find the latest and greatest remixes and indie artists . This app has changed the way I discover/listen to music. I listen to it way more than my iTunes even, and I find a new favorite song almost daily. I have a wide range of taste, and this app continues to surprise me with it's diversity of content - probably because it's all pulled from awesome music blogs.
I've been on Hype for 4 years but I've only had this app for several months and it is BY FAR my favorite way to discover music.
Absolutely incredible. I even listen to it on the plane because it has an awesome offline feature of your recent top played favorites. I like it more than soundcloud, and it will probably be my go-to for music discovery for a long time. Bravo
This is by far the best app I have ever downloaded. It has changed the way I listen and discover music. Its absolutely flawless. It allows you to discover music through your friends, blogs, genres, or what songs are the most popular that moment on the popular list. It’s constantly evolving so I’m always getting new current music.. In short, me gusta.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 08, 2014
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: The Hype Machine, Inc
- © 2013 The Hype Machine, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.