* Simulate out-of-focus blur for different lens configurations
* Calculate depth of field, hyperfocal distance and more
* Unique Smart Focus calculation for the largest aperture to keep the object and the infinity in focus
* Includes the diffraction factor (the Airy disc)
* Supports simulation for extreme telephoto lens (up to 5000 mm)
Hyperfocal is an advanced interactive calculator for depth of field and blur which goes beyond just the figures and provides a simulation of what the picture might look like at the given camera settings.
Adding support for iPhone 6
Ratings and Reviews
Nice Try, for sure, but found this very difficult to use
This seemed almost impossible to practically use. I'm a bit of an armature photographer, so this might be intended for a deeper background. I have been an avid photographer for ~45yrs (so I'm not new to this), and am an engineer by training. So I'm also not daunted by the concepts, math, or technologies. I also found the app a bit buggy - would periodically hang up. I also found it very difficult to use on an iPhone due to size (for which I was forewarned), but have also installed it onto an iPad with no better results. Great try, for sure, but in a practical sense I didn't find it was going to be useful.
Very useful if you know what you are doing. Like it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.