Hyperlapse from Instagram
By Instagram, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Create amazing time lapse videos with Hyperlapse. Using Instagram’s in-house stabilization, Hyperlapse shoots polished time lapse videos that were previously impossible without bulky tripods and expensive equipment.
When you shoot a time lapse video with Hyperlapse, your footage will be instantly stabilized to smooth out the bumps from the road and give it a cinematic feeling. Capture an entire sunrise in 10 seconds—even from the back of a moving motorcycle. Walk through the crowds at an all-day music festival, then distill it into a 30 second spot. Capture your bumpy trail run and share your 5k in 5 seconds.
* Shoot handheld time lapse videos in motion— while you're walking, running, jumping or falling.
* Smooth out your video for cinematic quality with automatic stabilization.
* Speed up your hyperlapse to be up to 12 times the speed.
* Share your videos seamlessly on Instagram and Facebook or save them to your camera roll to share anywhere, anytime.
* Start filming immediately with a simple design that gets out of the way of your creativity
* Download and start capturing. No sign up or account required.
What's New in Version 1.1.7
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
UPDATE 4.5 Stars: Great app! Just needs a few upgrades
I am using this app on my iPhone 6 plus. I mostly use this app for smooth 1X video (with audio) and sometimes for the smooth hyperlapse videos (without audio.) You will sometimes see a glitchy shake in the video when using it at 1X speed. Maybe that's from me not holding the phone completely steady.
A couple things I wish they would update are 1. If they could incorporate an auto focus & exposure while recording videos and 2. If you could save one recording at different a speeds. Sometimes I want to save the video at 1X speed AND at a time lapse speed.
There is a hidden menu that you could access by tapping 4 times on the screen with 4 fingers. You can change:
Resolution: 1080p or 720p
Frame rate: 30 fps or 24 fps
Speeds: (1X to 12X) or (1X to 40X)
So I think I might have found the auto focus & exposure feature WHILE RECORDING! You have to initialize it by tapping the screen to focus/set exposure AFTER you press the record button. Once you tap the screen after pressing record, the camera will automatically adjust focus and exposure depending if it's dark or bright, near or far.
Changing it from 4 stars to 4.5 stars. I will change it to 5 stars once I am able to export the same video, at different speeds. Unless that's another hidden feature we have to figure out.
Love this app, except one thing!
I love using this app for smooth 1x video. However it doesn't autofocus when recording! The iPhone 6 can autofocus so well when shooting video now but with Hyperlapse it won't refocus unless I tap the screen. This is extremely annoying when trying to walk closer or further away from an object and you have to continually tap the screen. Fix this issue and you'll have the best iPhone app out there!
Great app, but too basic
I love being able record videos that aren't shaky, and easily speed them up if I want.
The app is extremely simple with only a start/stop record button and front/back camera swap button. Maybe adding a Settings menu could give advanced users more options.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 1.1.7
- Size: 10.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Instagram, Inc.
- © 2014 Instagram, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.