hyperPad is a powerful and easy to use game creation platform that can make iPhone and iPad apps!
Bring your imagination to life by creating apps like games, books, presentations, brochures, kiosks, and more! Your imagination is your limit.
hyperPad is made for everyone, you don't have to be a developer to create an interactive experience.
Without a single line of code, easily make a hit like Angry Birds. Our easy to use drag and drop behavior editor removes the need for traditional programming, while still providing you with all the power you need to make a professional quality game for the App Store.
With a tap of a button, share your project to the hyperPad Hub for anyone to play.
Don't forget to checkout some awesome projects created by users around the world on the hyperPad Hub
Take your project to the next level and become a hyperPad Developer to publish your project to the App Store and start making money now!
hyperPad offers an optional ‘Developer’ monthly subscription. This $9.99 (USD) monthly subscription will charge your iTunes account once purchase is confirmed. This subscription will automatically renew every month unless it is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage subscriptions by going to user iTunes account settings.
You can learn more about becoming a Developer from the hyperPad website
If you liked GamePress, you'll LOVE hyperPad!
Another great update for hyperPad! We've added some features you all have been asking for making hyperPad incredibly more powerful!
We've also fixed a bunch of bugs and improved overall performance.
- iPad Pro Support: We added a new device target so that you can make use of that new fancy 199:139 aspect ratio!
- New Asset Importer: We've streamlined importing assets. You can now import Sprite sheets, BMfonts, and other unique assets all directly within hyperPad.
- Import from the Files app: With the new importer you now have access to Apples Files app. Giving you access to local storage, and multiple cloud services like iCloud and Dropbox.
- Object Referencing: This is what you've been waiting for. You can now get an object by its name or ID inside of behaviours. So you no longer have to visually select an object in the behaviour editor. You can just enter its name. Most behaviours now output the object name/ID and can be dragged in the Object A/B field on the behaviour properties.
- Get Object Behaviour: A new behaviour to use alongside the object referencing functionality. This behaviour will output the ID, position, scale, skew, rotation and tags of a specific object.
- iPhone X (and newer) aspect ratio support: You now have access to a new aspect ratio for the new apple devices with no home button.
- New behaviour interface for deleting connecting lines. This will reduce those frustrating accidental connection deletes in the behaviour editor.
- Optional user accounts! You no longer need an account to use hyperPad. However keep in mind you'll have a limited experience.
- New Get bounding box behaviour. Gets an objects X and Y bounding box coordinates. You can use this to see if 2 objects are colliding with each other even if they're not physics.
- New Is Intersecting behaviour: Input coordinates for two shapes and check if they are intersecting.
- New "View Backups" button in projects screen to quickly see all backups for a project.
- New Audio engine! We've switched to AudioKit for more reliable and higher quality sound output.
- Laggy audio is now fixed!
- Tooltip for wall on wall collisions was not showing up
- Restoring in app purchases would hang if you have never made any purchases
- When upgrading from an older project, box container's default value would get cleared out
- Can now launch the interactive tutorial again (Option located in the Learn tab).
- Fixed bug where value behaviour would act like a pointer with broadcast message.
- Fixed bug where play animation behaviour wouldn't save the position of frames added tot he film strip.
- Fixed crash when free users would get disconnected from the internet
- Fixed else-if behaviour not running on spawned object
- Fixed crash when empty objects and labels would try using set graphic behaviour.
- Fixed random error when downloading assets from the asset shop
- Fixed bug where banner ads could cause hyperPad to freeze.
- Fixed bug where play sound would stop playing after a few seconds.
- Fixed bug where set graphic behaviour would sometimes cause an object to disappear.
- Fixed bug where behaviour input fields would round the digits.
- Fixed bugs with offline mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Ok since most devs only care about ratings and money I know a one star will get your attention. I need help. I can’t really explain my problem so here is the run down. I want to make a Fnaf style game with a mechanic that if you push a button one, it turns grey and the door goes down. But if you push it a second time while the button is grey is goes back up and it turns red. I can’t do that and this is a MAJOR PROBLEM. Variable problems like this are CRUCIAL when designing a game. If I want something to happen only if something else is happening, or I want something to happen after TWO things have happened as opposed to one, I can’t. THIS MUST BE FIXED.
EDIT: thanks. This is litterally the only way I can contact you guy so thanks. You really need to make some visual tutorials or something.
Developer Response ,
Actually unlike most devs we don’t care about the money. We lose quite a bit on hyperpad. But we do love seeing our users happy.
In the future you should ask these questions on the forums or submit a personal support ticket. You will get a faster and more detailed response!
But what you’re trying to do is very possible in hyperpad. There are many different ways of doing it. One way is use an attribute to keep track of a buttons state. When pressed set the state attribute to say something like “off”. Then you can have a if behaviour. If state =off disable button. ( or behaviour off on your started touching).
Edit: have you tried contacting us on the forum or the personal support page? Just press the forum button at the bottom of the main Hyperpad screen, or the learn tab to access the contact/support firm. Can also access some tutorials in the learn section!
Also can always email us at email@example.com. These are the best ways to reach us! The reviews are not a great place for support since we’re limited in our responses.
PROMISING BUT TUTORIAL KEEPS CRASHING!!!
I immediately recognized the potential of this app and purchased a yearly developer subscription. However, I’ve been unable to initially use the interactive tutorial to learn how to use the app. It continually crashes each time I attempt to run it. So frustrating! I’m hoping the developers will fix ASAP because I would so like to use the app, rate it much higher and tell my friends. Also, it would be really nice if there was a downloadable manual or user guide.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for letting us know! We will have this fixed in the next update due shortly.
In the meantime contact us and we will send a link to a working interactive tutorial.
Sorry for the troubles!
The app is pretty good for making games. But if you want to make a full fledged game your gonna have to pay at least $5. Its fun to mess around with though. While the coding style is somewhat basic and easier to learn than written code, it still works well.
My Display name on HyperPad is Jumping Panda Games.
- 262.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © GamePress, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Subscription $9.99
- Indie Package $4.99
- Student Package $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.