Hyperspace is a free (libre) and open-source client for the Mastodon social network. It offers a clean, simple, and fun interface that works with any Mastodon instance.
- Light and dark mode
- Desktop notifications
- Streaming of timelines
- Edit profile information
- Custom emojis and polls
- Quick keyboard shortcuts for composing posts faster
Note: This version is a proprietary version designed for the Mac App Store and does not follow the same license as the libre version, though it contains the same great features and improvements.
Version 0.7.0: The Garden Update
This release continues to build on the `0.x` release with bug fixes, improvements, and new features.
> Note: This will be the last release from the 0.x branch of Hyperspace. Future versions of hyperspace will be released and maintained on [hyperspacedev/hyperspace](https://github.com/hyperspacedev/hyperspace), which sports a brand new design and many more features to come.
## New features
* Get your vote on! The new polls feature from Mastodon has been added to Hyperspace. Create and vote on polls from any post.
* Express yourself with custom emojis! The emoji picker now brings in custom emojis from your server and posts will render custom emojis.
* Make posts faster with new Keyboard Shortcuts! Press 'N' on the home screen to open the composer. More keyboard shortcuts are found in the compose window.
* The carousel has been redesigned so that it remains a certain size, but images will still look nice.
* More loaders have been placed in. This should reduce ambiguity in many places.
* The composer has been completely overhauled with better image uploads (and new description support for screen readers and tooltips), emoji picker, visibility settings as a dropdown, warning system, and more.
* The reply window now displays the full HTML contents of a post and uses the same element from the composer.
* The composer at the top has been replaced with a compose button at the bottom of the window for quick access anywhere.
* Boost cards have a slight redesign that shows the full content and displays a regular tooltip.
* Images on posts have descriptions displayed on hover as a tooltip.
* Hyperspace's top bar is now visible at all times and is slimmer than before.
## Developer changes
* The `Composable` element has been introduced as a means of making new elements that create or reply to posts. This is the basis for the Composer and the reply window.
* **This marks the last release of the 0.x series. Further developments are on the main hyperspace repository.**
## Bug fixes
* Clicking the link to an image in the composer no longer makes the desktop app unusable.
* Grammarly has been disabled on the composer textarea to prevent collisions with Grammarly and the composer's state.
* The post date element now says via 'determination (unknown)' when the application isn't known.
Some of the features, improvements, and bug fixes have been graciously contributed by these people:
- Marquis Kurt
- 75.4 MB
- Social Networking
OS X 10.10.0 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Amharic, Arabic, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kannada, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Marquis Kurt
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.