I SPY Riddle Race
By Scholastic Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
WHAT THE EXPERTS SAY:
“I SPY offers [hidden object] type of gameplay; you’re presented with a cluster of objects scattered about the screen, and you’re told to find particular ones. It’s that simple, but oddly addictive.”
“The I SPY series of books has always been a favorite of mine and the transformation from paper to iPhone is a great one.”
– The Dirty T-shirt.com
I SPY Riddle Race combines the signature hidden object play of I SPY with the fun appeal of board games and fast-paced challenges. Based on the best-selling books from Jean Marzollo and Walter Wick, I SPY Riddle Race boasts 60 I SPY puzzles, two play modes and numerous bonus challenges! Great for kids and casual gamers!
• Two ways to play—Practice and Riddle Race Modes. Practice Mode allows players to solve riddles at their own pace while Riddle Race Mode offers timed riddles, a bonus round and added challenges.
• 60 I SPY riddles with hundreds of objects to find.
• 20 game boards—each featuring three unique I SPY riddles! Solve all three riddles before time runs out to advance to the bonus round.
• Bonus rounds challenge players to find objects across a set of riddles.
• Zoom functionality allows for up to 300% magnification to help find the most cleverly hidden objects!
• Voiceovers read all the I SPY riddles aloud to help younger players just learning how to read.
• Leaderboard tracks the best 100 scores!
Developed by Codewalla
What's New in Version 1.7
Good game but it's hard 😀😜😀😜
I really like all the ways they hide the objects, but I never find everything that's hidden in the scenes which gets me upset at the end of the game where it freezes the screen. I can only get to the third round when BOOM! Times runs out and, the screen freezes. I also hate when it says to type your name, and there's not even a keyboard! I really think they should make some changes.
Great app but....
You can't get type your name in the high scores. Letters don't appear neither does your actual score. I'd love to see how much I killed my opponents but the high score function does not work.
Other than that, it has the same layouts as the books which is awesome!!
Too Many Problems
I love that it's like the original books, but there are so many problems:
The timer continues as it tells you what you just found.
It takes way too long to go from on found item to the next.
For being a purchased app, it's really low quality (opening space) and it crashes often.
The part where it shows you the items covers the picture screen unless you zoom in.
Your score can't go into 4 digits - it stops at 999
It could be really awesome, but it definitely falls short in many areas.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 122 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Scholastic Interactive LLC
- © 2009 Scholastic Inc. All rights reserved. I SPY TM & © Jean Marzollo & Walter Wick
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.