i41CX+ — RPN Calculator with Printer and CAS
By AL Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Optimized for iOS 8 and 64-bit devices! ***
i41CX+ is an advanced programmable and expandable RPN scientific calculator with a virtual thermal printer/plotter and workstation-class CAS capabilities that is far beyond a mere replica of the original. In addition to being functionally equivalent to the world-renowned HP-41CX and providing access to its entire library of modules and programs, i41CX+ is enhanced with iOS and hardware features, keyboard overlays, rich set of import and export capabilities, traditional and upbeat diverse set of skins, complete color control, iCloud support, and much more.
The i41CX+ CAS is a full implementation of REDUCE. It's like having Mathematica or the computational engine of Wolfram Alpha in your pocket and, best of all, it runs natively so no internet connection is required. The CAS is fully programmable and provides the ability to reuse previous results in computations. Moreover, the CAS has full access to the calculator registers so it is possible to combine RPN programs with CAS programs.
This is the finest and most powerful scientific/engineering/financial calculator for iOS devices bar none.
• RPN logic with a 4 element deep memory stack
• 319 main and 600 extended memory registers
• Over 400 built-in functions, including over 100 functions created specifically for i41CX+
• Time, calendar, alarm, and stopwatch functions
• Four module ports provide access to HP-41 expansion pacs
• Rich set of functions and algorithms: numerical, mathematical, statistical, complex, matrix, numerical integration, curve fitting, solutions to equations, and much more
• Powerful, flexible, and programmable Computer Algebra System (CAS) supporting symbolic, arbitrary precision, scalar, vector and matrix algebra calculations, 2D/3D plotting, and much more
• Full-screen text editor with configurable font style and size, color scheme, a user configurable macro keyboard, and a numerical keyboard
• Access to the entire HP-41 library of solutions for science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, business, financial, surveying, medicine, real estate, and many other domains
• Programmable - virtually unlimited number of lines
• User definable keyboard
• Ability to operate the calculator using a Bluetooth keyboard
• Device integration: external display mirroring, copy and paste, in-app mail, system keyboard, GPS, accelerometer, digital compass, time and date synchronization, AirPrint, and much more
• Virtually unlimited data and program storage capacity using the device's flash memory for local storage
• Import/export data, programs, overlays, modules, etc. via the web, email, and iTunes file sharing
• iCloud syncing of files and preference settings
• iOS 8 Notification Center widget
• 43 available keyboard overlays and support for user created overlays
• Sound support including synthetic tones and interface sounds
• Support for calculator skins and optional mini stack display
• Adjustable calculator speed, sound volume, and display colors
• Usage & Examples table with usage tips and examples
• Quick Reference Guide of all built-in functions
• CAS Quick Reference with all built-in functions, operators, switches, and packages
• Beautiful and clean user interface
• Support for printing, plotting, graphics, and special characters
• User configurable and programmable print color
• Export printer output via email, clipboard, or AirPrint
• Ability to save a JPEG image of the paper roll to the device's photo album
A comprehensive FAQ and Mini-Manual are available at http://alsoftiphone.com/i41CXplus. Please don't hesitate to use the "Contact Us" link there if you cannot find the answers or information that you seek. Thank you.
What's New in Version 7.1.2
# NOTES TO iOS 8.3 Users
# 1. The I41CXED macro and numerical keyboards do not operate reliably under iOS 8.3. We recommend avoiding their usage until a solution becomes available.
# 2. Selecting "Download from URL..." can cause the app to crash. A temporary workaround is to select "iCloud" first, dismissing that, and then selecting "Download from URL..."
# We are investigating permanent solutions to these problems and will make an update available as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.
• Minor bug fixes.
Totally worth the money
I've had this app since September 2014, and I turn to it constantly. It is so good, I deleted all the other calculators on my phone. I still have my 41CX, but I use this version much more often. I feel it was totally worth the money.
My current complaint is that it's taking over 1GB on my phone. Why? The app is about 130MB, so why does it need so much more for data and documentation? I want to minimize this. Please tell me how, or implement it. My phone is only 16GB, and I can't have the app taking up so much of it.
So powerful I may never fully plumb the depths of this app
March 2 2015: Thanks for the update. I'd give this app 6 stars if I could.
This is the most amazing app I've ever seen. I bought it years ago, thinking I merely had a powerful calculator. Only recently did I discover the huge number of FREE plug-in modules, which turn the i41CX+ into any number of specialty calculators. For example, if you
1) put the FINANCE module into one of the 4 open slots,
2) set it to the FINANCE overlay and
3) type XEQ [ALPHA KEY] MONEY [ALPHA KEY],
you will have yourself a financial calculator so powerful it'll bring tears to your eyes. This one example only scratches the surface of what you can do with this app There is so much more to this app module-wise, but on top of that it has programmability and CAS. You can view a printer tape and email results. The question is, what can this calculator NOT do?
Downloading the modules is how you tap into the multitude of abilities this app has, then follow the 3 steps above for the particular calculator you want the i41CX+ to become. .
I recommend getting the Mini Manual to help you get going. It's a free download, easily found in any search engine.
Footnote: about a month ago, I did buy a dedicated Financial calculator for $8 in the App Store. As good as it is, it turned out I wasted that $8, since what I described above far and away surpasses it.
I had questions which the developer promptly responded to, that's always a huge plus for me.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 02, 2015
- Version: 7.1.2
- Size: 125 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Antonio Lagana
- © 2008-2015 AL Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.