iA Writer Pro
By iA Labs GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*Best of App Store 2014*
“Writer Pro maximizes the minimalist text editor” — The Verge
“Great design elegantly reduces cognitive load” — Michael Lopp
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Syntax Control™: Highlight superfluous adjectives and adverbs, find weak verbs, spot repetitive nouns and eliminate false conjunctions. English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish text only.
- Note - Write - Edit - Read: Workflow states to focus on the task at hand, each with the ideal typeface and color.
ESSENTIAL, EASY TO USE INTERFACE
- A Toolbar for quick access to iA Writer Pro’s tools
- Custom typefaces, carefully set for optimal readability
- No settings to distract
- Sentence Syntax Control fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Convert formatting to Microsoft® Word .docx, and back again
- Also export formatting to HTML, RTF, and PDF
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Formatted HTML preview
- Real-time iCloud sync
- Reading Time, plus sentence, word, and character count
- Ready for Retina displays
- Handoff support
- Full screen
1. iA Writer Pro avoids formatting settings. All you can do is write.
2. Currently only Latin alphabet languages plus Chinese, Japanese, Greek, and Russian are officially supported (no Vietnamese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc. support… yet).
3. iA Writer Pro uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md, in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit www.writer.pro for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you…
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- Hotfix to remove "download again" notice
- Smart lists with auto-completion.
- Full support for GitHub Flavored Markdown task lists.
- Rendered as check marks in preview and print.
- ⌥⌘L for bullet task lists.
- ⌥⇧⌘L for ordered task lists.
- ⌘. to complete a task.
- Release Notes now display on first launch
- Stability improvements
- Performance improvements
If you like iA Writer Pro, please leave a review or a rating. It helps a lot.
Let us know at ia.net/writer/support or on Twitter @iawriter
Fantastic writing app
Gets out of the way and lets me write. Yet it does a thousand little things that are all very useful. I’m still discovering features I like. I'll hit some key combinations and I’m like, “I didn’t know it did that. That’s freakin awesome.” Syncing between my MacBook Pro and iPad is absolutely perfect (I’m using Yosemite & iCloud Drive), and for me, that’s the feature that puts a huge smile on my face. I haven’t tried much writing with it on my iPhone because I carry the iPad 2 mini around. Attach a good, fast Bluetooth keyboard to the iPad mini and you have great mobile writing solution, and this app is what makes it rock and roll. I noticed that an update is available for the iPhone, so I’m going to apply it and try it out. And that’s the other thing that makes this app great - frequent updates with useful features, and I’ve never seen an update that’s broken or hampered the app in any way. I’ve seen that in some other apps - the developer doesn’t adequately test it in all possible user configurations before releasing it, and bad things happen to a user’s data. I realize it’s difficult to develop and maintain a good product, and you guys have seemed to figure out how to do it. I look forward to updates and what cool features they’re bringing to the app.
Sometimes Less Is A Lot More
I'm a big fan of iA Writer Pro and have been using it for almost a year now. Its clean, its simple and when I found a bug in thier most recent release, I got an email from the developer within an hour confirming the problem and promising a quick fix in the next release. Can't ask much more than that. As for those reviews complaining that this app is too expensive, for writers who make a living writing every day, I think it's a steal and I'm happy to contribute to its continued development.
It is an excellent writing tool! Grab this app and use it everyday.
There are plenty of writing tools to choose from. Where iA Writer Pro excels is in its simplicity. The interface is beautiful, the suggested workflow is a goldmine in its own merit and the overall flow becomes very addicting. Being able to focus on a line at a time or to get a birds eye view on the syntax of your composition (in terms of verds, adverbs, adjectives, etc.) is a brilliant way to edit and to add more meaning to your composition. It is an excellent writing tool! Grab this app and use it everyday.