iA Writer Pro
By iA Labs GmbH
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*Best of App Store 2014*
“Writer Pro maximizes the minimalist text editor” — The Verge
“Great design elegantly reduces cognitive load” — Michael Lopp
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Syntax Control™: Highlight superfluous adjectives and adverbs, find weak verbs, spot repetitive nouns and eliminate false conjunctions. English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish text only.
- Note - Write - Edit - Read: Workflow states to focus on the task at hand, each with the ideal typeface and color.
ESSENTIAL, EASY TO USE INTERFACE
- A Toolbar for quick access to iA Writer Pro’s tools
- Custom typefaces, carefully set for optimal readability
- No settings to distract
- Sentence Syntax Control fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Convert formatting to Microsoft® Word .docx, and back again
- Also export formatting to HTML, RTF, and PDF
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Formatted HTML preview
- Real-time iCloud sync
- Reading Time, plus sentence, word, and character count
- Ready for Retina displays
- Handoff support
- Full screen
1. iA Writer Pro avoids formatting settings. All you can do is write.
2. Currently only Latin alphabet languages plus Chinese, Japanese, Greek, and Russian are officially supported (no Vietnamese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc. support… yet).
3. iA Writer Pro uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md, in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit ia.net/writer/mac for more information
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you…
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 1.5.2
- Improved behaviour of contextual menu for links
- Fixed Auto-Markdown of reference links in Task lists
- Fixed behaviour of hitting Enter on a selection
- Stability improvements
- Performance improvements
If you like iA Writer Pro, please leave a review or a rating. It helps a lot.
Let us know at ia.net/writer/support or on Twitter @iawriter