By Information Architects Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“Your program is the single most useful and remarkably clever — invisibly so — device for writing that I can name.”
– Augusten Burroughs, bestselling author
“Beautiful and simple” ***** The Guardian
“Everything goes away except for the writing experience” ***** Stephen Fry
“Writer has out-innovated Apple” ***** Fast Company
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Keyboard extension with ← → and punctuation keys
- Focus Mode lets you concentrate on the current sentence (iPad only)
- Custom typeface optimized for iPhone and iPad
ESSENTIAL, EASY TO USE INTERFACE
- Polished to be easy and clear
- No formatting settings to fiddle with
- No complicated interactions
SAVE AND SYNC
- Seamless sync between Mac, iPad and iPhone
- Real-time iCloud sync with folder support
- Dropbox integration
1. Writer has no formatting settings: with Writer you cannot fumble with fonts and colors. All you can do is write.
2. Currently only Latin Alphabet languages plus Chinese, Greek, Japanese, and Russian are officially supported (NO Vietnamese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc support… yet).
3. Writer uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md (but not .doc or .docx), in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit ia.net/writer/ios for information about iA Writer for iPad and iPhone
- Visit ia.net/writer/support/ for support and feedback
- Get writing inspiration on Facebook at facebook.com/iawriter
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you!
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 2.1.2
- Text selection can now be extended via Keyboard bar’s navigation keys
- Fixed issue moving files to Dropbox
- Stability improvements
- Performance improvements
If you like iA Writer, please leave a review or a rating. It helps a lot.
Great product, but deceptive practices
What to do, what to do? The app is absolutely great. I love its simplicity, the iCloud drive and Dropbox integration, and the ability to edit documents on my iPad, iPhone, and Mac. I even set up Scrivener to sync to the iA Writer folder on iCloud drive so that I can use Scrivener on my Mac and continue to edit on my iOS devices. Awesome! So why the 1-star rating? The developer’s deceptive practices concerning my data. Somewhere along the way in one of their updates, Information Architects Inc. decided to collect “usage information” without my consent. What is “usage information”? It “could” be what device you use, what time you use it, how long you use the app, or even where you use the app. It “could” also potentially track your keystrokes while using the app. We’ll never know, because the developers aren’t exactly up front with the fact that they started tracking you. They offer no way to turn off this tracking or opt-out. They just collect whatever they want to, whenever they want to, regardless of how I feel about it. Sure, they buried their new data policy under Settings, but they certainly didn’t go out of their way to let me know that they changed it. I only found out about it by reading another reviewer’s comments. Now, I think I’ve decided to delete it from my devices and look for another app. I just don’t feel safe with this developer.
The Secret is in the Simplicity of this app!
I have been using iAWriter for some time and I LOVE IT!
If you are fed up with using other apps of software only to find that this or that software is "unable to open" or "cannot read this file" etc then this is the app for you. You open it either on your iPhone,iPad or Mac type your content,no need to format or worry about "layout" etc and whalah you can read what you just typed on ALL your other devices plus you can copy and paste into any program and it's done!
Buy it....you will love I!!!
Do Not Trust This Developer
The application itself is minimalist and gets the job done. The font is legible but I'd rather have proportional fonts instead.
I have purchase this app for 1.5+ years now but I've come to the conclusion that this developer cannot be trusted.
1. The application sends your usage statistics without your consent. It's a big deal because this may potentially compromise your privacy and they can record your IP.
2. The iA Writer Pro patent debacle continues to cause me to be wary of the developers.
3. They've deliberately left out Handoff in this app, while iA Writer Pro supports it. Leaving out a system feature introduced in the latest versions of Apple's operating systems in favor of a premium version of the already overpriced app is both distasteful and deplorable.
4. They keep telling you to upgrade to iA Writer Pro, which is NOT better in any way. Leaving out Handoff is just a futile attempt to force people to upgrade.
There are better alternatives made by more virtuous developers who won't intentionally cripple an app just to coerce its users into paying again for nothing. My favorites are Byword (iOS/Mac) and Typed (Mac).
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 03, 2015
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 5.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Information Architects Inc.
- © 2014 Information Architects Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.