iA Writer Pro
By iA Labs GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Writing Machine.
“Writer Pro maximizes the minimalist text editor” — The Verge
“Great design elegantly reduces cognitive load” — Michael Lopp
INNOVATIVE WRITING TECHNOLOGY
- Syntax Control™: Highlight superfluous adjectives and adverbs, find weak verbs, spot repetitive nouns and eliminate false conjunctions. English text only.
- Note - Write - Edit - Read: Workflow states to focus on the task at hand, each with the ideal typeface and color.
ESSENTIAL, EASY TO USE INTERFACE
- Automatic document naming
- Keyboard extension with arrows and punctuation keys, tools, and statistics
- Seamless iCloud sync across devices, for writing in any situation
- Dropbox Sync
- Full text search
- Find/Replace in document
- Sentence Syntax Control fades all but the current sentence, for maximum concentration
- Auto Markdown formats text on-screen
- Night Mode
- Formatted HTML preview
- In-App Help
- Built for iOS 8.1.3
1. iA Writer Pro avoids formatting settings for fonts and colors. All you can do is write.
2. Currently only Latin alphabet languages plus Greek, Japanese, and Russian are officially supported (no Vietnamese, Thai, Hebrew, Arabic etc. support… yet).
3. iA Writer Pro uses plain text files, such as .txt and .md (but not .doc or .docx), in “UTF-8” encoding.
TALK TO US
- Visit ia.net/writer for information about Writer
- Visit ia.net/writer/support for support and feedback
- Let us know what you think on Twitter @iAWriter
We look forward to hearing from you…
— Information Architects Inc.
What's New in Version 1.5
- Find/Replace within documents
- Smart lists with auto-completion
- Full support for GitHub Flavored Markdown task lists.
- Rendered as check marks in preview and print.
- In-App help on the storage selection screen
- Move document using bottom-left button
- Stability improvements
- Performance improvements
If you like iA Writer Pro, please leave a review or a rating. It helps a lot.
Let us know at ia.net/writer/support or on Twitter @iawriter
It really is that wonderful
If you want to write, this will get you there.
I use it to capture immediacy, then export if desirable to Evernote, etc. in the entirely convenient iOS 8 way, rather than fight with their slow starts, marginal editors, bugs, ui foo foo, and other hazards.
Just fine on its own saving, though, and the iCloud way seems great, and with no delays. Works on my PC laptop flawlessly, and no startup delay as Dropbox saving has. You can always export to Dropbox like Evernote if desired, after you've actually worked up your text.
Worth waiting for updates
Ultimately, it serves it's function. This app is great for distraction-free writing, and the keyboard addition is extremely useful (I wish I always had that with my keyboard).
Still, in the future, I hope to see less clutter (does anyone actually use the variety of formats?) and maybe another color scheme. That blue color is amazing. I wish my font could be that color.
I'm still working through the different formats, but it seems to work as described. Like the easy start up, and night screen. I used the original iA Writer and thoroughly enjoyed it, so thought I would give this a whirl.
Does seem to crash on longer documents, though I have compensated by saving to shorter files. A little annoying, but nothing major.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 21, 2015
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: iA Labs GmbH
- © 2014 iA Labs GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.