Teamed up with "Uber" Brady Wetherington of Bespin Corp. and his ninja like coding skills, together, we proudly present - iAmpache for the iPhone!
iAmpache is an application for streaming music on your iPhone directly from an Ampache Music Server.
WIth this this application and an Ampache Music Server you can stream all of YOUR music over your internet connection anywhere you take your iPhone.
This application represents a paradigm shift in how to access your personal music collection. What makes iAmpache Unique is that everything is streaming over the network and nearly no space is devoted to storing music on your device.
With this application you can access your entire music collection on the go and at your convenience.
i.e. Anywhere you take your iPhone!
Some other great iAmpache features include:
• Transcoding: With transcoding you can play audio formats not currently supported, such as ogg and flac. You can also down sample high bitrate files and save your overall bandwidth.
• Search: Have a very large collection? iAmpache allows you to find what you are looking for right at your fingertips.
• Cover Art: Album Artwork is fully integrated into iAmpache. Also, the option of turning off the Artwork for conserving bandwidth.
• Share Servers: iAmpache supports multiple servers. Share with friends and have access to their entire music collection too.
• Security: Ampache and iAmpache for the iPhone share strict security rules. Prevent others you don't want accessing your collection from doing so.
• Ampache: Ampache is designed to give you a one stop website for your music collection. Once you get Ampache working, not only can you access your collection from your iPhone, you can also access it anywhere with a standard web browser.
Please Note: This app requires an Ampache Server to connect to. That means you will be responsible for installing and configuring your very own Ampache Music Server.
Setting up an Ampache Music Server is not a difficult task but it's also not trivial.
If you are a beginner, http://ampache.org is the place to start!
Be sure to read up and look to the forums of this gracious and knowledgeable community for help.
And Enjoy iAmpache for the iPhone, For The Love Of Music!
Many Thanks to the Outstanding Ampache Community of Users for all the Great Feedback, Suggestions, and Support!
• Improved Loading Time And Overall Interface Responsiveness During App Start up And Catalog Parsing.
• Search Function Added to Main Categories - iAmpache allows you to find what you are looking for quickly and efficiently.
• Player View and SongList Enhancements - Shuffle your Song Lists & Playlists or Shuffle, Replay, & Continuous Play from the Music Player View.
• Improved & Additional Parser Support - Even More Filtering of Invalid Data From Broken or Malformed ID3 Tags or other Metadata.
• Additional Performance Enhancements when Dealing with Very Large Libraries.
• New Category Dubbed *Prodigy* - A Quick Playlist And A Smart Playlist Feature. Easily Toggle between The Two States in your iAmpache Settings!
Ratings and Reviews
Was waiting for this for a long time
I have been using Ampache for several years now and was looking for a way to have all my music with me all the time. This app finally does that. Thank you.
Nice, but could be better
A lot of room for improvements here, but a good start.
Add background playback, album view and iPad support, and then this app would be perfect.
I can't figure out how to set up this app. I read the directions but it wasn't clear enough.
- christopher vallozzi
- 522.2 KB
- Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2010 Bespin Corp.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.