By christopher vallozzi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Teamed up with "Uber" Brady Wetherington of Bespin Corp. and his ninja like coding skills, together, we proudly present - iAmpache for the iPhone!
iAmpache is an application for streaming music on your iPhone directly from an Ampache Music Server.
WIth this this application and an Ampache Music Server you can stream all of YOUR music over your internet connection anywhere you take your iPhone.
This application represents a paradigm shift in how to access your personal music collection. What makes iAmpache Unique is that everything is streaming over the network and nearly no space is devoted to storing music on your device.
With this application you can access your entire music collection on the go and at your convenience.
i.e. Anywhere you take your iPhone!
Some other great iAmpache features include:
• Transcoding: With transcoding you can play audio formats not currently supported, such as ogg and flac. You can also down sample high bitrate files and save your overall bandwidth.
• Search: Have a very large collection? iAmpache allows you to find what you are looking for right at your fingertips.
• Cover Art: Album Artwork is fully integrated into iAmpache. Also, the option of turning off the Artwork for conserving bandwidth.
• Share Servers: iAmpache supports multiple servers. Share with friends and have access to their entire music collection too.
• Security: Ampache and iAmpache for the iPhone share strict security rules. Prevent others you don't want accessing your collection from doing so.
• Ampache: Ampache is designed to give you a one stop website for your music collection. Once you get Ampache working, not only can you access your collection from your iPhone, you can also access it anywhere with a standard web browser.
Please Note: This app requires an Ampache Server to connect to. That means you will be responsible for installing and configuring your very own Ampache Music Server.
Setting up an Ampache Music Server is not a difficult task but it's also not trivial.
If you are a beginner, http://ampache.org is the place to start!
Be sure to read up and look to the forums of this gracious and knowledgeable community for help.
And Enjoy iAmpache for the iPhone, For The Love Of Music!
What's New in Version 1.2
Many Thanks to the Outstanding Ampache Community of Users for all the Great Feedback, Suggestions, and Support!
• Improved Loading Time And Overall Interface Responsiveness During App Start up And Catalog Parsing.
• Search Function Added to Main Categories - iAmpache allows you to find what you are looking for quickly and efficiently.
• Player View and SongList Enhancements - Shuffle your Song Lists & Playlists or Shuffle, Replay, & Continuous Play from the Music Player View.
• Improved & Additional Parser Support - Even More Filtering of Invalid Data From Broken or Malformed ID3 Tags or other Metadata.
• Additional Performance Enhancements when Dealing with Very Large Libraries.
• New Category Dubbed *Prodigy* - A Quick Playlist And A Smart Playlist Feature. Easily Toggle between The Two States in your iAmpache Settings!
This app runs beautiful and smoothe. Setting up ampache was less smoothe but worked out finally. I'm awaiting 3G support and understand it's on the way. This app will come in great time as multi-tasking music becomes allowed and hopefully 3G gets here before Simplify Music shuts down. The interface is amazingly fast and I finally have 100% of my giant music collection instead of missing a random 10% for no reason. I would love to see artist info and lyrics built in. And a great idea would be to add what music is already on the hdd and play from there instead of using the network— haven't seen this in any other app.
I was looking for a Music Streaming App that could handle my giant muisc collection, and this app is incredible!!!
I didn't know much about an Ampache webserver, however, I emailed the Developers and got immediate and expert advice.
I had my Ampache webserver up and running in about an hour, and I got iAmpache set up in about a minute.
The interface is beautifully designed and amazingly fast. - app layout matches the iPod app, so it is super easy to figure out.
Thank You - An elegant and intuitive music streaming app that works - Finally, I have 100% of my large music collection accesible and on the go!
This app is Fantastic - Form and Function, the Developer support is A++ ... and it's FREE!!!!
Was waiting for this for a long time
I have been using Ampache for several years now and was looking for a way to have all my music with me all the time. This app finally does that. Thank you.