ibis Paint X
By ibis inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The ibisPaint X is an app based on the concept of social drawing, it allows you to publish the drawing process so you can share the joy of drawing with everyone.
- An easy to use app that allows you to enjoy expressing yourself through drawings.
- Feel the smoothness of drawing, and enjoy fast functionality.
- Upload videos of how you drew your artwork.
- Share the URL of your artwork on Twitter and Facebook.
- Download other people's artwork.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X has ads.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
The ability to record yourself drawing and to share the video is not the only great feature, ibis Paint X also has a full suite of drawing functions.
- Smooth drawing at up to 60 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes and flat brushes.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick slider that allows the quick adjustment of brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush preview.
- As many layers as your device's memory will allow (depending on the device and canvas size).
- Layer modes such as individual layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Area Selection Functions]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes that change depending on the selection area, fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Unlimited colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
- Tap and hold Color Picker.
[Overall Drawing Functions]
- A handy ruler tool feature for drawing figures, etc.
- Drawing support features including image stabilization and forced entry/omission.
- 32 different filter features.
- New material tool with 880 textures and tones.
- Rotating canvas feature.
- Background color setting feature.
- Undo/redo over 100 steps with the undo and redo functions.
- Brush, Eraser, Smudge, Blur, Fill, and Color Picker.
- Smooth zoom (70%-4000%).
[Supported Digital Styluses]
- Apple Pencil (Only iPad Pro)
- Wacom Bamboo Sketch
- Wacom Bamboo Fineline 3
- Wacom Bamboo Fineline 2
- Wacom Bamboo Stylus fineline
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2
- HEX3 JaJa
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect 2
[Functions for Enjoying Drawings]
- "My Gallery" function that lets you enjoy your own artwork.
- Replay yourself drawing (with adjustable replay speed).
- Export replay videos (MOV) and captures (PNG/JPEG) to the photo library with the export function. (Videos can be saved after uploading).
- A feature for sharing still images (PNG/JPEG), videos (MOV), and artwork files (IPV) on Twitter, Facebook and LINE, etc.
* A Twitter and/or Facebook account is required to upload, encode, and download artworks.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
What's New in Version 5.1.2
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is below.
- Weakened the pressure sensitivity of 3D Touch because it was too strong.
- Improved the initial graph of the pressure sensitivity to more natural writing taste.
- Added "Weak Sensitivity" button which the pressure sensitivity becomes the same as ver.5.0.4 and former to Settings window.
- Swapped "OK" and "Show License" button in confirmation alert which is displayed after downloading a font.
- Back and forward button in the browser window of Downloadable Font are now disabled if these cannot be used.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where something like thorns jumps out in the end part of a line when using Stroke Stabilizer of "After".
- Fixed a bug where necking occurs on a thick line or discontinuity occurs on a thin line especially when using Stroke Stabilizer of "After".
- Fixed a bug where discontinuity occurs even on a thick line if drawing a line close to a straight line.
- Fixed a bug where app randomly crashes when tap the screen with a stamp brush if Force Fade is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where a transformed area becomes black when playing artwork which is used Mesh Form of Transform Tool and Eraser tool.
- Fixed a bug where an error alert of downloading failed on some sites is not displayed in the browser window of Downloadable Font.
- Fixed a bug where the app crashes if starting to edit, play and upload artwork because of the bug of iOS 11.0.0.
- Fixed a problem where an empty line is displayed on Font List window on iOS 11.
- Fixed a bug where loading of the zoom view of My Gallery screen occurs infinitely with artwork which the app crashed immediately after creating it.
- Fixed a bug where nothing happens if sharing a picture of artwork which the app has been crashed immediately after creating it.
- Fixed a bug where the app crashes if trying to open Artwork Information screen of artwork which does not have a thumbnail image.
- Fixed a bug where the app crashes if a broken transparent PNG file is selected on importing.
- Fixed a bug where the title label of Brush window such as "Brush", "Eraser", "Blur" and "Smudge" is not displayed.
- Fixed a bug where the square movement was not correct when grabbing "Previous Color" or "Current Color" button with long press in Color window.
- Fixed a problem where the diagonal line displayed on Color button when selecting Eraser Tool was displayed as a thick after Settings window is opened.
- Fixed a problem where a vertical line representing the partition of the segment control will not fade out when Font List window, Material Tool window, and etc. will fade out.
- Fixed a problem where the diagonal line displayed on Color button when selecting Eraser Tool will not fade out when the toolbar will fade out.
- Fixed a problem where labels in Material Tool window such as "Connecting..." and "Connection Error" are not displayed as a black when Window Color is White.
- Fixed a rare problem where the leak of the memory occurs on processes of the multi thread.
Okay, here's what I think... ❤️
I love this app a lot. I've been using it for over two years now, but there's one thing I've wished for from the start; a better brush for blending. When I blend I go into smudge and use one of the watercolor brushes, and I literally tap until it's the way I want it. I do this because if I stroke, the blending looks pretty darn bad. I don't like to use the blur tool to blend because it doesn't really blend it very well... it more so blurs it, and it makes it look pretty bad in my opinion. I'd like to see a brush in the blend category that can blend smoothly (meaning no patterns that repeat to badly if you stroke), and that is extremely easy to use. I'd also enjoy it if the brush could give the same quality of blending no matter what size it is; blending smaller areas gently, instead of the artist having to go into it with a tiny brush and waist a half hour or longer on blending one area. I'd rather the artist have the option to make the brush larger, and still have the same quality as the small brush blending wise, just a lot faster to do so!
This isn’t good
Ok, you’ve heard of me probably. I sent a review a couple of months ago, and that complaint was about the pressure. This time it’s different. I’m not impressed with the magic wand tool. Really, I find it easy to use that, I was just on it and having an amazing time drawing famous ocs of mine, until I started using the magic wand. I stared to color and then noticed it’s like the bucket when you don’t use the magic wand tool, making the lineart smaller and the color thicker. I’m not impressed by it, once I got inspiration to draw another picture, seeing if it was a glitch, it wasn’t. I even restarted my device, nothing. I reset the app, nothing. I did everything I could, and nothing worked! Please fix this problem as soon as possible, I’m quite concerned with this app. It seems as if every update, things get worse and I look through reviews and see they have everything I need to say, “good but,” “Amazing But a little problem” Thanks to the ibis inc for me to start moving to another app... please fix this and good bye!
The Best of the Best.
I’ve been using Ibis for nearly a year now, and I must say it’s the finest art program I’ve been able to get my hands on. One reason I love this app is because it’s such an amazing art tool that’s completely free (unless you buy the unlockable brushes, of course). Another wonderful thing about Ibis is that you can do SO much with the things you DO have! The final thing I’ll list on my review is the quality. An artist like myself is always eager to try out new tools, and Ibis has helped me with getting different effects, winning online art contests, and getting my Instagram started. I simply love Ibis, and would recommend it to all the young outgoing artists out there.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 14, 2017
- Version: 5.1.2
- Size: 48.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: ibis inc.
- © ibis mobile inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on$4.99