ibis Paint X - speed painting
By ibis inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ibisPaint X is an app based on the concept of social drawing, it allows you to publish the drawing process so you can share the joy of drawing with everyone.
- An easy to use app that allows you to enjoy expressing yourself through drawings.
- Feel the smoothness of drawing, and enjoy fast functionality.
- Upload videos of how you drew your artwork.
- Share the URL of your artwork on Twitter and Facebook.
- Download other people's artwork.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X has ads.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
The ability to record yourself drawing and to share the video is not the only great feature, ibis Paint X also has a full suite of drawing functions.
- Smooth drawing at up to 60 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes and flat brushes.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick slider that allows the quick adjustment of brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush preview.
- As many layers as your device's memory will allow (depending on the device and canvas size).
- Layer modes such as individual layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
- Various layer commands such as layer duplication, import from the photo library, horizontal inversion, vertical inversion, layer rotation, layer moving, and zooming in/out.
- A feature for setting layer names to distinguish different layers.
- Advanced text tool function featuring Vertical, Horizontal, Stroke, Font select, and Multiple text functions.
- A screen tone feature with 46 tones including Dot, Noise, Horizontal, Vertical, Slash, Cross, and Square.
[Area Selection Functions]
- 256 grades of selection for each pixel.
- Selection area inversion, moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- Brushes that change depending on the selection area, fill function, layer duplication, layer catenation, layer moving, rotation, and zooming in/out.
- 30 colors saved on the palette, or select any colors you want from the color wheel using HSB or RGB.
- Drag and drop to the color palette to save.
- Tap and hold Color Picker.
[Overall Drawing Functions]
- A handy ruler tool feature for drawing figures, etc.
- Drawing support features including image stabilization and forced entry/omission.
- 31 different filter features.
- New material tool with 880 textures and tones.
- Rotating canvas feature.
- Background color setting feature.
- Undo/redo over 100 steps with the undo and redo functions.
- Brush, Eraser, Smudge, Blur, Fill, and Color Picker.
- Smooth zoom (70%-4000%).
[Supported Digital Styluses]
- Apple Pencil (Only iPad Pro)
- Cregle iPen
- Cregle iPen 2
- Wacom Bamboo Sketch
- Wacom Bamboo Fineline 3
- Wacom Bamboo Fineline 2
- Wacom Bamboo Stylus fineline
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus
- Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus 2
- HEX3 JaJa
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect
- Ten One Design Pogo Connect 2
- e-pens mobile notes for iPad
- MVPen EN309i
- Yifang Digital A-pen
[Functions for Enjoying Drawings]
- "My Gallery" function that lets you enjoy your own artwork.
- Replay yourself drawing (with adjustable replay speed).
- Export replay videos (MOV) and captures (PNG/JPEG) to the photo library with the export function. (Videos can be saved after uploading).
- A feature for sharing still images (PNG/JPEG), videos (MOV), and artwork files (IPV) on Twitter, Facebook and LINE, etc.
* A Twitter and/or Facebook account is required to upload, encode, and download artworks.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
What's New in Version 5.0.2
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
If you have any problems, please inform us via the "Contact Us" of "Developer Website" and not via the App Review.
The summary of this update is below.
- Added support for Apple Pencil of iPad Pro(10.5inch).
- Added support for ProMotion technology (120Hz rendering) of iPad Pro(12.9inch, 2nd Gen) and iPad Pro(10.5inch).
- Added ability to register Twitter account from the system on Preferences screen.
- Changed the way to share the URL of artwork from the push notification of artwork publishing and Art Information screen.
- Changed not to perform the authentication process of Google account on Preferences screen while the device is not connected to the network.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a bug where Apple Pencil can be selected on Settings window of Canvas screen on iPad(5th Gen).
- Fixed a problem where Greeting and Online Gallery are not displayed correctly on iPad Pro(10.5inch).
- Fixed a problem where the X mark was displayed twice at the delete button of YouTube channel on Preferences screen.
The Best Art App Out There
This is coming from an amateur, but this is seriously one of the best apps ever. It has so many helpful tools to create the best you can. My traditional art absolutely sucked, but when I got this app, I got much better since I had all the tools at my fingertips. I was iffy about getting ANOTHER app, just because the ones that everyone has are complete trash, and seem to only have a pencil and eraser tool. Once I saw a finished piece that a friend of mine showed me, I knew this app would be worth it. Of course, just like anything, it has its bugs and all, but they usually disappear or just are so minor I don't even notice. Even for professionals, I recommend getting this app, because you learn quickly, and even if you can't seem to grasp something, there's a guide always waiting for you. I wish more people would know about this, because it deserves so much more credit than it has now. :)
I have been using this app for a year + ever since I tried it out only having small glitches every once in a while which could've been caused by my old iPad. I've never had any major issues, this is the perfect app for basically any art style. I just recently started to work on my art again and I am guessing because of the new update a small thing has changed that bothers me. To me my style is simpler than others that use the app, mine being "color in the lines" kind of style. When I go to erase and if I do too much on black lines it's clearly seen that the pigment is gone as if I changed the opacity which it is on a 100%. Please change it back, that's all that I ask. Besides that small issue its a great app that I highly recommend.
This app is amazing! Free, no watermark, so many tools and brushes at your fingertips... it's the best thing a professional and a beginner could ask for. There are even stabilizers! Would highly recommend this. Minor bugs and things, but it's an app and it's totally worth it. However there's this one issue that keeps coming up. It's not constant but it happens. When I select an area and try to add a highlight or shadow, the line I draw is barely visible. Even when i make it opaque. No worries though, it it would be great if you fixed this! I love this app!1
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 23, 2017
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 46.0 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: ibis inc.
- © ibis mobile inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on$4.99