ibis Paint X is a popular and versatile drawing app downloaded more than 35 million times in total as a series, over 2100 materials, over 990 fonts, which provides 142 brushes, 37 filters, 46 screentones, 27 blending modes, recording drawing processes, stroke stabilization feature, various ruler features such as Radial Line rulers or Symmetry rulers, and clipping mask features.
Many tutorial videos on ibis Paint are uploaded to our Youtube channel.
- A Highly functional and professional features surpassing that of desktop drawing apps.
- Smooth and comfortable drawing experience realized by OpenGL technology.
- Recording your drawing process as a video.
- SNS feature where you can learn drawing techniques from other users' drawing process videos.
*Feedback from users
We receive many good reputations from users.
- I could have never assumed that I can draw such a beautiful drawings on smartphones!
- Easiest to use among all drawing apps!
- I have learned how to draw digital drawings without Mac or PC!
ibis Paint has high functionality as a drawing app along with features of sharing drawing processes with other users.
- Smooth drawing at up to 120 fps.
- 142 kinds of brushes including dip pens, felt tip pens, digital pens, air brushes, fan brushes, flat brushes, pencils, oil brushes, charcoal brushes, crayons and stamps.
- Various brush parameters such as starting/ending thickness, starting/ending opacity, and initial/final brush angle.
- Quick sliders that allow you to quickly adjust brush thickness and opacity.
- Real time brush previews.
- You can add layers as many as you need with no limit.
- Layer parameters that can be set to each layers individually such as layer opacity, alpha blending, adding, subtracting, and multiplying.
- A handy clipping feature for clipping images, etc.
*Differences between ibis Paint and ibis Paint X
ibis Paint X shows advertisements.
If you purchase the In-App upgrade, the ads will disappear and there will no longer be any difference with ibis Paint.
We provide you with two ways of purchasing ibis Paint: “Remove Ads Add-on” (one off payment) and “Prime Membership” (monthly payment). When you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
If you have already purchased the “Remove Ads Add-on”, even if you cancel the “Prime Membership”, advertisements will remain removed.
The more people become prime members, the faster we can develop our application. We would like to create more functions, so please consider becoming a prime member.
A prime member can use the prime features. You can try it free for the one-month at the time of the first purchase.A prime member can use the following features and services
- Prime Materials
- Prime Fonts
- Tone Curve filter
- Gradation Map filter
- Clouds filter
- No advertisements in screens except the Online Gallery
* After you become a prime member with the first one-month free trial, if you do not cancel your “Prime Membership” at least 24 hours before the last day of the free trial, your “Prime Membership” will be automatically renewed and you will be charged for the automatic renewal.
* We will add premium features in future, please look out for them.
[Remove Ads Add-on]
Unlike ibis Paint (paid version), advertisements are displayed on ibis Paint X (free version). If you buy this Add-On (one off payment), advertisements will remove.
Even if you become a prime member, advertisements will remove. So, if you become a prime member, it will be cheaper not to purchase the “Remove Ads Add-on”.
*Questions and support
Questions and bug reports in reviews will not be responded to, so please contact ibis Paint support.
Thank you for using ibis Paint X!
The summary of this update is as follows.
- Added the Prime Material feature and the Prime Font feature.
- Changed the color blending calculation around rendering frames or texts on a Frame layer, Text layer or Shape layer. It fixes a problem where the edges of the texts is too white. To maintain compatibility, this improvement is applied only to newly created artworks after this update.
- Now a popup window is shown when you tapped the button at the right end of a font on the Font List window, and it allows you to remove the font or confirm the license file if it exits.
- Changed the label of the "Region" button at the top of the Font List window (whether or not it appears depends on your language settings, i.e., it will appear when Japanese or Chinese) to the name of your language (i.e., "Japanese" or "Chinese").
- Improved the memory performance when you scroll the Font List window.
- Now a material which you selected is added to history tab when you canceled it.
[Fixed Bugs and Problems]
- Fixed a problem where a font could not be downloaded properly from some font distribution sites with the browser launched from the Font List window of the Text tool.
Ratings and Reviews
Amazing app but something changed it...
So I am quite an editor And as well I do digital art. I've been looking for quite some time for an app that I can edit with that is free and gets the job done with editing, and finally I found one! It was Ibis Paint X, I love editing especially with an app that doesn't call for money, until I found out for the new update. The new update threw me off... From when erasing and all the brushes have changed which I do not like. When erasing the brush gets bigger which I do not like. For smaller areas you would need to go down in a straight line (like If you were in a street) and the street went onto the houses and you just need a little brush to get some of the little paint off the houses, well that used to happen... But now you can't, the brush will be small then get bigger and bigger, so that's what I do not like. As well as the brushes, the brushes... Ah let's see here, well the brushes don't have their same style anymore really, like the Pin dip and the Airbrush they both have the dark opacity Now instead of when back then the airbrush would Be lighter and all and you could go over and over again until you like the opacity you get. Honestly I think this app is awesome and amazing, but I just hope they can fix this so when making art, things won't bother you as much. So this is why I am giving this app a four star out of five.
Amazing for drawing
I normally don’t write reviews, but this app is so wonderful and I use is so often I decided I would. The layering options are amazing for things like shading and lighting. There is this thing where you can select an area and you will only be able to add things in that area. This is super helpful for when I’m adding highlights to hair. The best part? ITS FREE! Yes, they have a paid version too, but I have the free version and it works just fine. Most apps won’t let you do anything unless you pay, but this app is rather fair, and you can get all the brushes by watching one video! Truly the best drawing app I have ever used. And when I’m done, I can get a speed paint of my work, or just simply import the picture to my camera roll. Last thing I promise~ This is the first app I’ve seen that allows you to make transparent pictures, simply Amazing! You can import a picture when you first pick your canvas size, or add it in later after. 10/10 would recommend for drawing, speed paints, sketches, etc. it’s super easy to use and perfect for beginners. A thing I always hate is when I get a new app and don’t know how to use it. This however is super user friendly and easy to use and share. That’s it thanks for reading! :)
My daughter is in high school, and aspires to be an independent artist and an art teacher! She is in the accelerated art program, a leader and mentor in the national art honor society, A two time nominee, and semi finalist for the Governor’s Honors program for visual art! Sorry proud Mama here! As you can see, well on her way! I have bought so many sketch books over the years, but, unless you intend to sketch or you happen to have it on you when inspiration strikes, the moment passes, and the idea blows away with the wind. Thanks to the developers here, Not anymore! You know what you always have on you? A device that is capable of utilizing this app! My daughter loves it! She is not a tech savvy girl, but still found it easy to navigate. On top of that it has helped broaden her world of art. She now is interested in and has signed herself up for mixed media! Just like any other app there are in app purchases to use like some of the quality tools, BUT.. UNLIKE OTHER APPS.. they offer daily, time limited full access if you watch a video from their sponsors! Either way if you have any interest in drawing, sketching, painting or any other multitude of reasons... you seriously cannot go wrong with this app! Thank you & Kudos ..
Five stars from us!
- ibis inc.
- 61.7 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- © ibis mobile inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Remove-Ads Add-on $6.99
- Prime Membership $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.