iBone - the Pocket Trombone
By Spoonjack, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★NOW ON SALE!★ Winner of the 'Best Musical Instrument App' in the 2009 Best App Ever Awards and iTunes Rewind 2010 pick.
Not just a tool for trombonists, anyone can play -- iBone shows you how!
"...a great tool for trombonists..."
- Robin Eubanks, Trombonist with EB3, Dave Holland, SFJAZZ Collective, 2009 Downbeat Reader's Poll 'Best Trombonist'
"Brilliant! ...great fun to play with too"
- Carol Jarvis, Trombonist with Seal and Sting, Founder Bones Apart
"Future of virtual brass?"
- Music Inc Mag
"...iBone is an interesting experimental blend of gameplay and utility."
- Wired, Game|Life
It's the Trombone for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Play it anywhere. Waiting for the bus? Work a little slow? Friend to impress? Simply itching to learn? Whip out your iBone. Practice and learn scales and songs. Even play-a-long with music from your iPod library -- accompany the lead, or take the solo spot. Don't have a clue? Play-a-long with a tune from the iBone Songbook and let roboBone show you the way.
1. Touch or blow to make a sound.
2. Slide your finger to change pitch.
3. Raise and lower the bell to change volume.
With iBone, you can cover the Trombone's standard two and a half octave range -- slur up and down, slide in and out, and easily play way out of tune. It's the closest you'll get to the real thing.
No clue about the real thing? Pick a tune from the iBone Songbook, and let roboBone show you the way as you play along with the band accompaniment. Just tap the rings at the bottom of their fall to hit the right note at the right time.
iBone comes free with seven songs:
- 2001: Also Sprach Zarathustra with orchestra
- Aura Lee with piano
- Air (on a G string) with guitar
- Greensleeves with accordian
- Guantanmera with bass, bongos, guitar and drums
- Ride of the Valkyries with orchestra
- Twinkle Twinkle Little Star with piano
New in iBone 1.3, additional songs can be purchased and downloaded. Some of these include:
- Sloop John B with Rhythm
- Man of Constant Sorrow with Banjo
- Carol of the Bells with Brass
- First Noel with Ochestra
- O Silent Night with Strings
- O Little Town of Bethlehem with Organ
and more! With more to come.
Whether you play Trombone and need something more portable, or you've never touched one but want to learn, iBone.
Visit http://ibone.spoonjack.com to see it in action.
Have your own video to share? Comments? Suggestions? We'd love to hear from you. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Q. How do I play with my iPod music?
A. Start the song before loading iBone, and control it by double-clicking the 'Home' button.
Q. Why don't I hear anything?
A. You probably have left the 'Silent' switch on. It's located on the upper left side of your phone.
Any other questions? Please contact us!
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
- Minor adjustments for iPhone 5
- iOS 6 compatibility
- iPhone 5 4-inch screen support
- Update Songbook
- Improved Retina support
- Include song Also Sprach Zarathustra
- Reality Mode support for iPad 2
- Fix settings display on iPhone/iPod
- Reality Mode
- British and Solfege notation
Well, at the time, I was in 6th grade beginner band. I didn't really know anything, but then I looked on the App Store, found this, bought it, and loved it! This app is so accurate! I did some studying with this app and my essential elements 2000 book and now I know how to play any scale up to the high D that is way on the very top of the screen 9 octaves high in first position (it is so high you can't see the note name, but you can play it). I am now way advanced and way ahead of the kids in my grade (7th grade), and I impressed my band director so much back in the 6th grade. Since I play percussion also I have to read the mallets notes and play them, so I use iTrump to study the treble clef. Thank you so much spoonjack! Keep up the good work! :D Best apps ever!
Amazing little trombone!
I've actually used this app for several years now and it has continued to hold its position right on my main screen of apps.
What we really get a kick out of is the song book. Imagine guitar hero but for a trombone. The app tells you where you should be tapping and when to play a song. This is a riot when you get a group together and everyone tries to keep up with one of the faster and more difficult songs!
This app is what it would look like if Apple themselves added a trombone to garage band. It has that level of polish.
Awesome but not working
My friend had this and showed it to me about a week ago. It was awesome so I ended up getting it, but much later. By the time I bought the app it had broken. It has no sound. No point in a music app that has no sound. I hope this is fixed soon. I will give this 5 stars anyway because I know it will be fixed and once it is, it is a great app
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 28, 2012
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 14.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Spoonjack, LLC
- © 2009-2012 Spoonjack, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Bells and Rest Song Pack$0.99
- Sloop and Sorrow Song Pack$0.99
- Hark, Joy! Song Pack$0.99
- First Noel at Midnight Song Pack$0.99
- Jesu with Dreidel Song Pack$0.99
- House of the Rising Sun and John Barleycorn Song Pack$0.99
- O, O Song Pack$0.99