Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Now anyone can create stunning iBooks textbooks, cookbooks, history books, picture books, and more for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Start with one of the Apple-designed templates that feature a wide variety of page layouts. Add your own text and images with drag-and-drop ease. Use Multi-Touch widgets to include interactive photo galleries, movies, Keynote presentations, 3D objects, and more. Preview your book on your iOS device or Mac at any time. Then submit your finished work to the iBooks Store in a few simple steps. And before you know it, you’re a published author.
• Give your book a great beginning with templates that include a choice of page designs with matching fonts, colors, and textures
• Quickly customize your book with text and images, create new layouts, and even save a custom template
• Easily add a cover, video introduction, table of contents, copyright page, dedication, and foreword
Beautiful text and layouts
• Use a variety of text styles including custom fonts to give your book a rich yet consistent look
• Add text, shapes, charts, tables, and media anywhere on the page
• Import a chapter written in Pages or Microsoft Word and apply a great-looking layout from your current template
• Add sophisticated mathematical expressions with native equation editing using both LaTeX and MathML notation
• Add any word to the glossary with a single click and easily include photos, images, charts, tables, and shapes next to any definition
• Automatically create a portrait view of your landscape book, which allows readers to focus on the text
• Choose from a variety of widgets that add Multi-Touch interactivity to your book
• Add a photo gallery, chapter review, movie, audio file, Keynote presentation, scrolling sidebar, dynamic pop-over, interactive image with callouts, 3D object, or custom HTML anywhere in your book
• Many widgets include placeholders for titles and captions and are automatically numbered so you can reference them in your main text
• Add accessibility descriptions to any widget so that it can be used by sight-impaired readers easily with VoiceOver
Export for iBooks Store or iTunes U
• Preview your book in iBooks on iPhone, iPad and on Mac to see how it looks and works
• Submit your book to the iBooks Store for sale or free download in a few simple steps
• Export your book in iBooks format to share on iTunes U or to give to others
• Export your book as a PDF file
• OS X 10.10 or later
• 2GB of RAM
• 1.2GB of available disk space
• Keynote 6.0 or later (required for importing presentations created in Keynote 6.0+)
• Pages 5.0 or later (required for importing documents created in Pages 5.0+)
• iBooks for iOS 4.3 or later (required for previewing on an iOS device)
• iBooks for Mac 1.2 or later (required for previewing on Mac)
• iTunes Producer 2.9 or later (required for book publishing)
• Network Connection (required for book publishing)
What's New in Version 2.4
• ePub templates now support the Pop-Over widget
• Minor usability improvements to the ePub templates
What I do not understand is that this software is absolutely free, whereas all other iWork apps cost $20. This app here, as I describe it, is what you get when you put together Pages, Keynote, and Numbers, all within a uniform PDF export.
Here’s a word of advice:
Before you purchase Numbers (if it’s not already on your Mac) try this app first for free. You can copy any chart or graph and paste it into TextEdit or Apache OpenOffice. If you like this app, you can keep it; if not you can just tell MacKeeper to remove it. I think you will like it, but if you don’t please don’t contact me about it. Send your complaints to Apple.
One of Apple’s Best
This software is amazing and one of the best things Apple ever created. The only drawback is that Windows users cannot use the iBooks that are created, and like it or not, Windows is still the dominant platform (lousy as it is). These work great on the iPad.
Wonderful interface too. Wish Adobe had such elegant and simple interfaces like this. Love this software.
NOT USER FRIENDLY AT ALL
As with a lot of Apple products, this is not user-friendly by any means. After 20 minutes of trying to change the color of the title page background, I gave up and just settled on a darker template. When adding text or taking away text, shaping it on the page is just incredibly frustrating. Just a terrible, terrible product. It’s nice that it’s free, but it’s too time consuming trying to figure out its functionality. It shouldn’t be this hard.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 30, 2015
- Version: 2.4
- Size: 419 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later