Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Now anyone can create stunning iBooks textbooks, cookbooks, history books, picture books, and more for iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Start with one of the Apple-designed templates that feature a wide variety of page layouts. Add your own text and images with drag-and-drop ease. Use Multi-Touch widgets to include interactive photo galleries, movies, Keynote presentations, 3D objects, and more. Preview your book on your iOS device or Mac at any time. Then submit your finished work to the iBooks Store in a few simple steps. And before you know it, you’re a published author.
• Give your book a great beginning with templates that include a choice of page designs with matching fonts, colors, and textures
• Quickly customize your book with text and images, create new layouts, and even save a custom template
• Easily add a cover, video introduction, table of contents, copyright page, dedication, and foreword
Beautiful text and layouts
• Use a variety of text styles including custom fonts to give your book a rich yet consistent look
• Add text, shapes, charts, tables, and media anywhere on the page
• Import a chapter written in Pages or Microsoft Word and apply a great-looking layout from your current template
• Add sophisticated mathematical expressions with native equation editing using both LaTeX and MathML notation
• Add any word to the glossary with a single click and easily include photos, images, charts, tables, and shapes next to any definition
• Automatically create a portrait view of your landscape book, which allows readers to focus on the text
• Choose from a variety of widgets that add Multi-Touch interactivity to your book
• Add a photo gallery, chapter review, movie, audio file, Keynote presentation, scrolling sidebar, dynamic pop-over, interactive image with callouts, 3D object, or custom HTML anywhere in your book
• Many widgets include placeholders for titles and captions and are automatically numbered so you can reference them in your main text
• Add accessibility descriptions to any widget so that it can be used by sight-impaired readers easily with VoiceOver
Export for iBooks Store or iTunes U
• Preview your book in iBooks on iPhone, iPad and on Mac to see how it looks and works
• Submit your book to the iBooks Store for sale or free download in a few simple steps
• Export your book in iBooks format to share on iTunes U or to give to others
• Export your book as a PDF file
• OS X 10.9 or later
• 2GB of RAM
• 1.2GB of available disk space
• Keynote 6.0 or later (required for importing presentations created in Keynote 6.0+)
• Pages 5.0 or later (required for importing documents created in Pages 5.0+)
• iBooks for iOS 4.3 or later (required for previewing on an iOS device)
• iBooks for Mac 1.2 or later (required for previewing on Mac)
• iTunes Producer 2.9 or later (required for book publishing)
• Network Connection (required for book publishing)
What's New in Version 2.3
• iBooks for iPhone now supports books made with iBooks Author
• Create Multi-Touch books using new ePub templates
Want to be a published author? Here you go!
For aspiring authors, teachers who want to write their own textbooks, etc., iBooks Author gives you the opportunity to publish your works free of charge. The application is loaded with features and because of that is would be presumptous to think mastering all its functionalities will take just one sitting. Like many robust applications, the more you use iBooks Author the more savvy a user you become. The time spent is well worth it!
I was very happy to see in this latest version (v. 2.3) that iBooks created using iBooks Author are now viewable on the iPhone. Until this update, iBooks created with iBooks Author were only viewable on the iPad and the Mac. One caveat. When viewed on the iPhone (I have an iPhone 6+) the text size of iBooks created with iBooks Author is very small…too small for comfortable reading by “mature” readers. This is true even if you use a very large font size when creating an iBook using iBooks Author. Hopefully, Apple will address this limitation in an update.
Italian Cooking My Way
This update is a huge for me and for many others… i was soon happy I was jumping up-and-down
i made 10 phone calls in 10 minute to tell people i know about this update :-)))
thank you so much.
great…except i cant insert pdfs
this is great except for the fact that i cant imort pdfs as chapters. i have books, each chapter a separate pdf and i cant import them. Fix soon. Other than that 5/5.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 2.3
- Size: 415 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011-2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later