By Varietas Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iBookshelf is your personal portable library reference. A comprehensive book database, created and continuously maintained through extensive feedback from readers like you.
Watch the demonstration video on YouTube! Search for iBookshelf.
Books are displayed ordered by title, author, genre, and status. You can search for books in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the book to or borrowed it from. A new book can be entered automatically (enter ISBN and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. If you load the data from the internet, the book cover image is loaded as well. It will even tell you where you can buy the book and how much it costs!
This free version is ad-supported and is 100% full-featured. You may remove all ads via the in-app purchase in the Utilities tab.
Please send me an email with any suggestions you may have and thank you for your positive feedback!
** Listed in "The Nine Best iPhone Apps For Readers" - Associated Content **
** Listed on CollegeDegrees.com as #1 in the 10 best iPad apps for students! **
"This application developed by Josh Pressnell is a must have for any book lover."
"At $1.99, it's easier and more fun than an excel file or card catalogue!"
** 3.5 Mice in MacWorld **
"iBookshelf’s simplicity is a virtue."
- Enter the ISBN to retrieve book data from the internet
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use iOS or Zbar scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app!
- Enter the title and/or author and tap load (next to the title field) to look up the ISBN and load remaining data from the internet
- Save all your books in a convenient library
- See your book covers on your iPod/iPhone
- Track book loans
- Rate your books
- Find places to buy books and the price at each vendor
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your book covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Backup and restore your library to DropBox
- Email backup files (CSV or binary) to a location of your choice.
- Import your own data (CSV format) or backup files.
- Not sure what to read? While in cover view, shake iPod and a random book will be chosen for you.
- Read/Unread status is displayed in the main lists.
- While editing an entry, tap on the cover image to search the internet for additional cover image options.
- Set the cover image using the iPod camera (if available)
- Optionally enable data pulled from ISBNDB.com (requires setup of free account) and Open Library in the iPod Settings app.
- Set default values and list font size in iOS settings app.
**** Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! ****
What's New in Version 2.14.5
Minor data source updates
I am loving this app so far. I am a preschool teacher and have tons of books! 4 bookshelves full. I needed an app that could organize my books by many different themes. This app does it in the way of "collections". It's fantastic! If I'm looking for some farm books for example, I pull up my farm collection and all the books are there. I'd like to see this feature move to the bottom bar or even replace the "read" option (but I know that's for other users).
I've encountered a couple bugs and some ads that I can't figure out how to close- but they disappear after it redirects me to another page. So I just double click and go back to the app. I've loaded about 300 books so far and have a ways to go but am extremely impressed by how well that scanner works. I can scan 10 books at a time and then save them all in one by one. One suggestion on this part- is when loading the scanned bar codes- I wish it didn't ask to continue loading the scanned codes in between each book. Maybe a button to click yes to all?
Overall very happy to find what I've needed for so long!
I downloaded the Lite version to see if I liked this one to replace another that limited the number of times you could use the scanner, and I apparently reached my limit for the number of books I could add without paying more money. I was able to launch iBookshelf Lite a couple of times and get a couple of books loaded when the adds started! Now, because of poor placement of the ‘x’ to close the add, this app has become unusable. Oh well, on to the next.
Looking for a way to keep track of books. Downloaded free version which supposedly is a full version with some ads. Thought if I liked it, I'd pay to get rid of ads. However, when I open the app, I have a huge picture of Mariah Carey staring out at me. There is no way to get rid of it. I can't say if the app would be good because nothing works. Press any button and I'm directed to a survey over and over again. So far, it's been useless. Don't know how it can claim to be a top app, I appear to be the first to write a review.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 09, 2015
- Version: 2.14.5
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Varietas Software, LLC
- © 2015 Verietas Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads$1.99