By Varietas Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The top ranked book database in the app store!! Books Category Top Paid 20 in 20 countries! Ranked in the iPad Books Category Top Paid 10 in 36 countries! iBookshelf is your personal portable library reference. A comprehensive book database, created and continuously maintained through extensive feedback from readers like you. Follow iBookshelf on Twitter to keep updated with new features and random thoughts from the developer.
Watch the demonstration video on YouTube! Search for iBookshelf.
iBookshelf is NOT an eReader. You do not load actual books into this app. Instead, iBookshelf is designed to help you keep track of your personal book collection, whether your books are physical or digital copies.
Books are displayed sorted by your preference. You can search for books in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the book to or borrowed it from. A new book can be entered automatically (enter ISBN and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. It will even tell you where you can buy the book and how much it costs and where you can find a library with the book!
** Previously ranked #5 Paid App in the Books category in the US App store **
** Listed in "The Nine Best iPhone Apps For Readers" - Associated Content **
** Listed on CollegeDegrees.com as #1 in the 10 best iPad apps for students! **
"This application developed by Josh Pressnell is a must have for any book lover."
** 3.5 Mice in MacWorld **
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Enter the ISBN to retrieve all available book data from the internet via 16 different data sources, including international sources! Even loads series information for most books!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use iOS or ZBar scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app!
- Barcode scanning for older iPads! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Enter the title and/or author to look up the ISBN and load remaining data from the internet
- Easily enter several books at once after doing a title/author search. Just select all the books you want to load and tap "Save".
- Find libraries near you which have books in your database! Powered by agreement with OCLC WorldCat! Select "Find" from the book view to search for all nearby libraries that carry the book!
- Read eBooks via integration with QuickReader and MegaReader!
- Built-in web browser lets you view, sort, and print your book lists!
- Set customizable app behavior in the iPod settings app.
- Share your books on Facebook, Twitter, and via Email!
- Track book loans. Always know who you lent a book out to!
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your book covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Several different backup and restore options in the Utilities tab.
- Not sure what to read? While in cover view, shake iPod and a random book will be chosen for you.
- Set the cover image using the iPod camera (if available)
- Optionally enable data pulled from ISBNDB.com (requires setup of free account) in the iPod Settings app.
** I am an avid book collector and reader, as well as a professional computer engineer. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! **
What's New in Version 2.14.3
* Fixed issue where books would load, but save button remained disabled
* Fixed issue where edit text box was covered by the iOS 8 keyboard
* Minor bug fixes
If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It
This was an outstanding app until you had to 'fix' it. It does not work as it did and that was pretty darn good. Now, it is garbage!
What is this love affair with 'Bucher' on the author line? The 'Title - Author Search' finds the book and the CORRECT author and a cover photo; however, when saved, 'Bucher' appears dropping this app like a bad habit!as the author. In some cases, the saved file shows 'unavailable' for the cover art; yet, there it was before the import. Also, the import can't find books that it should find if the app is going to be of any value, which, at present, it is not.
Bottom line, your meddling turned a very good and useful app into a frustrating and nearly useless database.
I'm currently searching the App Store for a replacement because I'm dropping this app like a bad habit. Enough is enough.
Updates made a mess
I have used iBookshelf for years and have found it to be the best such system available--that is, until I added the latest update. It is a total mess now. The many problems include such things as: the ISBN scan rarely works, the iPad keyboard covers up the entry screen, and when I go into my photo gallery to add a cover only a truncated screen remains. Overall, it has become so much of a nuisance to use the system that I'm not willing to waste time on it.
When I went to the app support website to look for information, it was such a hodgepodge of information for combined apps that I could not discover where to ask for help.
So is this a review or a slam? If they fix the problems that have resulted from the update I will return to loving it. Until then, it takes more time to use it than I have to give.
Please, please, correct the problems, or let me go back to he earlier version.
Bugs, bugs & more bugs
I love this app.....I have over 4,000 books categorized in this app.....but in the last couple of month when I enter a book and then go to add a cover pic the search always comes up with nothing.....it doesn't matter what book I enter its always the same.....can something be done about this please
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 31, 2015
- Version: 2.14.3
- Size: 12.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Varietas Software, LLC
- © 2015 Verietas Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.