By Varietas Software, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The top ranked book database in the app store!! Books Category Top Paid 20 in 20 countries! Ranked in the iPad Books Category Top Paid 10 in 36 countries! iBookshelf is your personal portable library reference. A comprehensive book database, created and continuously maintained through extensive feedback from readers like you. Follow iBookshelf on Twitter to keep updated with new features and random thoughts from the developer.
Watch the demonstration video on YouTube! Search for iBookshelf.
iBookshelf is NOT an eReader. You do not load actual books into this app. Instead, iBookshelf is designed to help you keep track of your personal book collection, whether your books are physical or digital copies.
Books are displayed sorted by your preference. You can search for books in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the book to or borrowed it from. A new book can be entered automatically (enter ISBN and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. It will even tell you where you can buy the book and how much it costs and where you can find a library with the book!
** Previously ranked #5 Paid App in the Books category in the US App store **
** Listed in "The Nine Best iPhone Apps For Readers" - Associated Content **
** Listed on CollegeDegrees.com as #1 in the 10 best iPad apps for students! **
"This application developed by Josh Pressnell is a must have for any book lover."
** 3.5 Mice in MacWorld **
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Enter the ISBN to retrieve all available book data from the internet via 16 different data sources, including international sources! Even loads series information for most books!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use iOS or ZBar scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app!
- Barcode scanning for older iPads! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Enter the title and/or author to look up the ISBN and load remaining data from the internet
- Easily enter several books at once after doing a title/author search. Just select all the books you want to load and tap "Save".
- Find libraries near you which have books in your database! Powered by agreement with OCLC WorldCat! Select "Find" from the book view to search for all nearby libraries that carry the book!
- Read eBooks via integration with QuickReader and MegaReader!
- Built-in web browser lets you view, sort, and print your book lists!
- Set customizable app behavior in the iPod settings app.
- Share your books on Facebook, Twitter, and via Email!
- Track book loans. Always know who you lent a book out to!
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your iPod to landscape view and view your book covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Several different backup and restore options in the Utilities tab.
- Not sure what to read? While in cover view, shake iPod and a random book will be chosen for you.
- Set the cover image using the iPod camera (if available)
- Optionally enable data pulled from ISBNDB.com (requires setup of free account) in the iPod Settings app.
** I am an avid book collector and reader, as well as a professional computer engineer. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! **
What's New in Version 2.14.5
Minor data source updates
Great app for the price
I used the app to catalog my collection of approximately 500 books. It's definitely worth the 2 dollars. I would actually pay more, especially if the developers were willing to address some minor glitches (See below). The app is linked to the ISBN catalog and you can import info either via barcode scan or entering the ISBN. Older books don't have an ISBN number though, and the title/author look-up does not always work, so for those manual entry is best. All-in-all, it's a great app, especially for the low price. It's not perfect, but it's better than the other library cataloging apps I have tried. Also, it doesn't take up a lot of memory on your phone, which I was worried about.
Great for keeping track
I can't always remember which books I have already read and this app is great for that. The barcode scan works great and 99% of the time it finds the book. Manually entering a new book, which I have to do for ebooks, is ok except it never finds the cover anymore. It used to find the cover a lot but in this new version it never finds a cover when searching by title and author. I have to choose the camera option and use my iPhone to take a picture of my iPad screen with the cover - first page of the ebook. That works ok but I wish the search by title author would get fixed.
I was looking for an app to hold all of my book titles. It was a toss up btw this app and another (wish I could remember the other). I liked them both and honestly the other better for one reason and it was layout of screen. This app won because of the search engines nine out of ten times you scan a barcode and it finds your book. I got use to the layout of this app and very happy with it. One other thing deleting is not friendly and maybe it should be that way but I also have to remember how to delete instead of sliding or pressing on an icon. Hope this review is helpful.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Sep 09, 2015
- Version: 2.14.5
- Size: 12.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Varietas Software, LLC
- © 2015 Verietas Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.