The original top ranked book database in the app store!!
iBookshelf is your personal portable library reference. A comprehensive book database, created and continuously maintained through extensive feedback from readers like you.
Watch the demonstration video on YouTube! Search for iBookshelf.
iBookshelf is NOT an eReader. You do not load actual books into this app. Instead, iBookshelf is designed to help you keep track of your personal book collection, whether your books are physical or digital copies.
Books are displayed sorted by your preference. You can search for books in your library, and enter a "loan status" to remember who you loaned the book to or borrowed it from. A new book can be entered automatically (enter ISBN and remaining data is loaded from the internet) or manually. It will even tell you where you can buy the book and how much it costs and where you can find a library with the book!
** Previously ranked #5 Paid App in the Books category in the US App store **
** Listed in "The Nine Best iPhone Apps For Readers" - Associated Content **
** Listed on CollegeDegrees.com as #1 in the 10 best iPad apps for students! **
"This application developed by Josh Pressnell is a must have for any book lover."
** 3.5 Mice in MacWorld **
- Supports large databases. Tested with a database of over 8,000 records!
- Enter the ISBN to retrieve all available book data from the internet via 16 different data sources, including international sources! Even loads series information for most books!
- Scan barcodes directly into the app using the built-in and ready-to-use iOS or ZBar scanners! Can also use Pic2Shop as a separate app!
- Barcode scanning for older iPads! Requires Cue Cat USB scanner and the iPad USB Camera Kit. Search 'iPad Cue Cat' for details!
- Enter the title and/or author to look up the ISBN and load remaining data from the internet
- Easily enter several books at once after doing a title/author search. Just select all the books you want to load and tap "Save".
- Find libraries near you which have books in your database! Powered by agreement with OCLC WorldCat! Select "Find" from the book view to search for all nearby libraries that carry the book!
- Read eBooks via integration with QuickReader and MegaReader!
- Built-in web browser lets you view, sort, and print your book lists!
- Set customizable app behavior in the iOS Settings app.
- Share your books on Facebook, Twitter, and via Email!
- Track book loans. Always know who you lent a book out to!
- Search the database by multiple space-separated keywords
- Tilt your device to landscape view and view your book covers in "shelf view" mode.
- Several different backup and restore options in the Utilities tab.
- Not sure what to read? While in cover view, shake your device and a random book will be chosen for you.
- Set the cover image using the device camera (if available)
- Optionally enable data pulled from ISBNDB.com (requires setup of free account) in the iOS Settings app.
** I am an avid book collector and reader, as well as a professional computer engineer. I develop and support my apps because I love the iPhone and iPad platform and I want my apps to be all that they can be. Think I can do something better? Would a slightly different or new capability increase your rating or motivate you to give me a positive review? Please email me. I'm always open to suggestions! **
Updated to latest Dropbox version.
Ratings and Reviews
Latest update problems
Looks like I just received the latest update and now I cannot add books. The app only displays on about half the screen and the add items is missing. Some bug fixes!
Pretty good library app
A couple of glitches when using my iPad, but really pretty good for tracking all my books.
Keeps track of my library. Occasional bugs. Usually fixed promptly.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.