iBreviary TS Plus
By Paolo Padrini
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** NEW!!! New universal version (for iPhone and iPad)
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta".
Owner, creator and founder: Paolo Padrini
Developer: Leonardo Parenti
iBreviary is the Catholic application that brings you the traditional
prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours and all the texts of the
Eucharistic Liturgy on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta" wishes to contribute, through a
partnership a partnership with the Custody of the Holy Land, to the
development of friendship and prayer for all Christians living in the
Optimized for iOS10 and with support for Retina Display.
- Breviary: texts of the Liturgy of the Hours (also according to the
Ambrosian Rite and the Vetus Ordo)
- Missal: texts, prayers, formulae and rubrics necessary for the
celebration of the Eucharist (also according to the Ambrosian Rite and
the Vetus Ordo)
- Readings: biblical texts assigned for the daily Eucharist
- Prayers: the principal prayers of Catholicism.
- Rites: all the rituals and texts for various Catholic celebrations
(Sacraments, Eucharistic Adoration, Blessings, etc. )
- Missionaries of the Precious Blood
- Holy Land (Terra Sancta)
- Celebrate with the texts of the day, whether for an optional
memorial or obligatory memorial.
- Complete management of saved days (selection and deletion)
- Download an entire week instantly.
- Adjust the background color intensity.
- Increase or decrease the text size.
Other new features:
- Common texts for the Liturgy of the Hours and the Missal.
- Optional Memorials.
- Compline of the preceding day.
- Receive notifications, containing useful information regarding the iBreviary.
- Auto-Download: each day upon waking, you will find the iBreviary ready
for daily prayer.
- Autoscroll (pray without scrolling on the screen using your finger )
- Text-to-speech (listen to the text of the Breviary)
- New Full Screen view (no navigation bar)
- New visual styles (classic, old, simplified, nocturnal/night)
What's New in Version 6.4.5
- New Effect on Home
- Optimize default font size and font size
- Minor BugFixing
Enlarging text isn't working!!!!!
I have a slight vision impairment and I'm having difficulties because the text is tiny and will not change after my last iPhone update. I promise to pray for whoever fixed this because I use this app several times a day--more than any other app that I have. Please please please fix it.
A Few Issues
The app is overall very good. However, I use the ordinary form Latin language for my LoTH. Most of the time the prayers are not completely written down. They end in a conclusion like "Qui vivit." Also, the blessing at the end isn't present. Lastly, this morning the Canticle of Zechariah didn't even have an antiphon. Overall, this is a great app (I don't even know where else I would have an OF Latin option!), but there are some kinks.
Adjusting text size and scrolling
I can't get it to do either one. I've come to rely on ibreviary for most all my daily prayers. I have to wear an extra pair of reading glasses on top of my bifocals in order to see the text. I still rate it at 5 stars. I like it that much...
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 20, 2016
- Version: 6.4.5
- Size: 79.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Paolo Padrini
- © Paolo Padrini (Creator) e Leonardo Parenti (Developer)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.