iBreviary TS Plus
By Paolo Padrini
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
*** NEW!!! New universal version (for iPhone and iPad)
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta".
Owner, creator and founder: Paolo Padrini
Developer: Leonardo Parenti
iBreviary is the Catholic application that brings you the traditional
prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours and all the texts of the
Eucharistic Liturgy on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta" wishes to contribute, through a
partnership a partnership with the Custody of the Holy Land, to the
development of friendship and prayer for all Christians living in the
Optimized for iOS10 and with support for Retina Display.
- Breviary: texts of the Liturgy of the Hours (also according to the
Ambrosian Rite and the Vetus Ordo)
- Missal: texts, prayers, formulae and rubrics necessary for the
celebration of the Eucharist (also according to the Ambrosian Rite and
the Vetus Ordo)
- Readings: biblical texts assigned for the daily Eucharist
- Prayers: the principal prayers of Catholicism.
- Rites: all the rituals and texts for various Catholic celebrations
(Sacraments, Eucharistic Adoration, Blessings, etc. )
- Missionaries of the Precious Blood
- Holy Land (Terra Sancta)
- Celebrate with the texts of the day, whether for an optional
memorial or obligatory memorial.
- Complete management of saved days (selection and deletion)
- Download an entire week instantly.
- Adjust the background color intensity.
- Increase or decrease the text size.
Other new features:
- Common texts for the Liturgy of the Hours and the Missal.
- Optional Memorials.
- Compline of the preceding day.
- Receive notifications, containing useful information regarding the iBreviary.
- Auto-Download: each day upon waking, you will find the iBreviary ready
for daily prayer.
- Autoscroll (pray without scrolling on the screen using your finger )
- Text-to-speech (listen to the text of the Breviary)
- New Full Screen view (no navigation bar)
- New visual styles (classic, old, simplified, nocturnal/night)
What's New in Version 6.6.2
iPhoneX layout optimize
iPad Pro 10.5 layout optimize
Still Have Display and Other Issues on iPad Pro iOS 11
I’ve been using the app for years, primarily on an old iPad 2 and sometimes on an iPhone. I got a new iPad Pro with iOS 11 and the display in portrait mode does not work. The text is pushed to the left using about a third of the screen. I as hoping today’s update would fix this but it has not.
In landscape mode, the text options panel disappears completely. The links started working in the last release but are not working in this one. The links in book mode do not work.
I tried to use the email link for support but the app crashed. Please fix this wonderful app. Most of the clergy in my diocese use it.
A few display problems in latest version with iOS 11
Just installed 6.6.2, portrait mode for breviary on iPad Pro 10.5 still broken. Also cannot get to panel with font sizes, it hardly shows. Please fix this!!!
Just installed 6.6.1, the problems below still exist on the iPad in portrait mode. Landscape is ok, iPhone is ok.
I have noticed three problems on my iPad with the latest version that you might want to address:
1. In portrait mode, the text for breviary prayers only uses 40% of the screen- most of the right side of the screen is blank. It is ok in landscape mode.
2. In either portrait or landscape mode, tapping text settings, you can only see about a third of the drop down so it is hard or impossible to change settings.
3. The title page for the app does not cover the screen edge to edge in either mode, once breviary prayers have been used (maybe other times too). You can see stuff behind it near all the edges.
Thank you for the app.
Only app that matches text in Christian Prayer
The text/translations in Laudate and Universalis are different from those in the Christian Prayer book. IBreviary matches it exactly. If you pray the Office with others or just want to be praying the same things as the book you should use iBreviary.
Also some problems with ios11 which I hope they’ll fix soon but I won’t give it fewer stars because of that at this time.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Oct 13, 2017
- Version: 6.6.2
- Size: 83.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Paolo Padrini
- © Paolo Padrini (Creator) e Leonardo Parenti (Developer)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.