iBreviary TS Plus
By Paolo Padrini
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** NEW!!! New universal version (for iPhone and iPad)
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta".
Owner, creator and founder: Paolo Padrini
Developer: Leonardo Parenti
iBreviary is the Catholic application that brings you the traditional
prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours and all the texts of the
Eucharistic Liturgy on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
iBreviary TS Plus "Pro terra Sancta" wishes to contribute, through a
partnership a partnership with the Custody of the Holy Land, to the
development of friendship and prayer for all Christians living in the
Optimized for iOS10 and with support for Retina Display.
- Breviary: texts of the Liturgy of the Hours (also according to the
Ambrosian Rite and the Vetus Ordo)
- Missal: texts, prayers, formulae and rubrics necessary for the
celebration of the Eucharist (also according to the Ambrosian Rite and
the Vetus Ordo)
- Readings: biblical texts assigned for the daily Eucharist
- Prayers: the principal prayers of Catholicism.
- Rites: all the rituals and texts for various Catholic celebrations
(Sacraments, Eucharistic Adoration, Blessings, etc. )
- Missionaries of the Precious Blood
- Holy Land (Terra Sancta)
- Celebrate with the texts of the day, whether for an optional
memorial or obligatory memorial.
- Complete management of saved days (selection and deletion)
- Download an entire week instantly.
- Adjust the background color intensity.
- Increase or decrease the text size.
Other new features:
- Common texts for the Liturgy of the Hours and the Missal.
- Optional Memorials.
- Compline of the preceding day.
- Receive notifications, containing useful information regarding the iBreviary.
- Auto-Download: each day upon waking, you will find the iBreviary ready
for daily prayer.
- Autoscroll (pray without scrolling on the screen using your finger )
- Text-to-speech (listen to the text of the Breviary)
- New Full Screen view (no navigation bar)
- New visual styles (classic, old, simplified, nocturnal/night)
What's New in Version 6.4.7
- Fix Mass Default Zoom and Zoom feature
- Minor BugFix
Much better after updated!
This app is a must for someone on the go or someone with a busy schedule. If the app listed daily saints, it would be even better. Much better with each update.
I love thus app especially when traveling. I always have my breviary with me and an emergency ritual as well.
I've been using ibreviary since its inception, first on an iPod touch more than five years ago. It's never perfect, but it has been very well done.
I asked the to stop changing the breviary to add "inclusive" language some time ago. They did for a while, but it has returned.
I think they're a little too interested in pushing their agenda through the app.
#22 of the Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy says:
Therefore no other person, even if he be a priest, may add, remove, or change anything in the liturgy on his own authority.
And yet, he persists.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 6.4.7
- Size: 79.1 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, Italian, Portuguese, Romanian, Spanish, Turkish
- Seller: Paolo Padrini
- © Paolo Padrini (Creator) e Leonardo Parenti (Developer)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.