iBurn 2017 - Offline Map & Guide for Burning Man
By Chris Ballinger
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
iBurn is back for 2017! iBurn is an offline map, compass, and guide for the Burning Man art festival, crafted with love as a gift for the community. We hope you like it!
New in 2017:
* NEW: Vector map tiles
* NEW: Each art entry has its own unique color scheme
* NEW: Swipe left/right to quickly page between results
* Searches events by selected day, search all days in Filter menu toggle
* Art Audio Tour and images are now bundled with the app download
* We now show BurnerMap camp locations when available. Official data is still restricted until gates open.
* Other minor bug fixes and usability improvements
* Nearby Mode: Quickly find what's happening around you right now
* Full Text Search: Try "bacon" or "coffee"
* Geocoder: Always shows your current Playa Address (e.g. 6:30 & B)
* Easy access to Favorites
* Walking & Biking Estimates
* Compass mode
* Event filtering
* Every public listing for Art Camps & Events (from PlayaEvents API)
* Works on iPhone & iPad
Want to help us make it even better? Get involved! iBurn is free and open source: https://github.com/Burning-Man-Earth/iBurn-iOS
Note: Camp locations are restricted until the gates open due to Burning Man regulations. The passcode will be released to the public on Sunday 8/27. Don't worry too much, the app should also automatically unlock itself once you're there.
Follow @iBurnApp on Twitter or Facebook for this year's passcode, or ask a Black Rock Ranger, Playa Info or Burning Man Staffer.
What's New in Version 2017.1
* Pre-bundle final location data
* Bug fixes
Amazingly useful app on the playa
I actually made it to a bunch of classes that I would never have remembered or discovered had it not been for this app. Super useful. My only complaint is that it would crash a bit more frequently that I would have liked but it always came back to where I was. Annoying but easy to work around. The info was valuable and I was able to locate food anywhere in the playa when needed. How fun :) the calendar reminders were amazing too and the map locator was extremely helpful when we got lost out in deep playa and were trying to figure out the best way back. Overall, very happy and a must for any burner to use for next year. The books are a nice keepsake but this is actually useful!
Very useful. Much more convenient than a paper map, had video tour in it, really cool! Thank you guys ❤️ you made my first burn easy )'(
I wish though there was a search engine where you could add a key work and it will help you to find the art installation or camp you are looking for (like in google when it says : " maybe you are looking for the following ...."
Very useful to tag the events you want to attend that week. Of course the playa will have other plans for you but you can then see what you missed out.
Is there a way to add your own points of interest you may want to go back to? I could not figure out how to do that.
- Category: Navigation
- Updated: Aug 23, 2017
- Version: 2017.1
- Size: 147 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Chris Ballinger
- © iBurn Team
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.