Access health information on-the-go from Independence Blue Cross (IBX).
Download the free IBX app for your iPhone to help you make the most of your Independence Blue Cross health plan. With new and improved features, the IBX app gives you easy access to your health care coverage 24/7, wherever you are.
Use the app to:
• Access benefit information
• View, share, or order a new ID card
• Find a doctor or hospital and change your primary care physician
• See your most recent claims and any open referrals
• Find or price a prescription drug
• Track deductibles and spending account balances
• Reach your health goals with Achieve Well-being tools
• Sync your Apple Health data automatically into your Health Trackers
• See important notifications and health messages
• Pay your premium
Not a member yet? Use the app to get a quote for individual health care coverage.
• Redesigned user interface for viewing Benefits Usage information
• Enhanced user experience when viewing claims information
• New filtering capabilities for members to manage their condition management programs
• Improved Benefit Snapshot experience allowing members to easily understand their covered benefits
• Performance Enhancements & Bug Fixes
Ratings and Reviews
DON’T USE IT TO PAY YOUR PREMIUMS
With all the updates that are pushed out the app payment section never gets fixed. Why is this disregarded? It’s a known bug issue that’s been lingering on for months now without any respect to the members that use it to pay their premiums. I’ve been sent a letter saying my insurance will be canceled because I failed to pay my bill. All the while I thought I thought my bill was paid. Apparently there was an error when I closed out.
IBX please act like a responsible grown up and fix it or pull it.
Let me add another failure. The physician search is as useless as yelling out the window and asking where are you. It must be developed by the same team that does the CVS app. High school tech project level.
Developer Response ,
Dear Member, We consider your feedback valuable and therefore take it very seriously. We're sorry you experienced challenges with our app when it came time to pay. We looked into the app issue and have resolved it. Thank you for your patience.
Mobile site better than regular website
I had many problems/fails using IBX online on my computer. After downloading the mobile app everything worked great! Haven’t had any problems so far. Easy to use and navigate.
Recent changes caused major battery drain
This app can no longer be recommended especially if you use apple health with it. Turning apple health integration on causes the application to crash a lot. Additionally it drains the battery like there's no tomorrow. Additionally, the doctor finder is useless if you are not within the Pennsylvania area as you cannot switch it to national blue card PPO.
- Independence Blue Cross
- 63.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2012-2018 Independence Blue Cross
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.