iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It's also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There's a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It's possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as "Offline Bookmarks" which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
What's New in Version 8.8.1
- New "Web Sites" setting: It is now possible to configure if a web page can open an App via custom URL with or without confirmation by the user.
- It is now possible to manually trigger the syncing of the reading list (Pull-down-to-refresh gesture), so you don't have to wait for the automatic sync
- Under iOS 8.3 the extension "Open in iCab Mobile" didn't work anymore. Under iOS 8.3 this extension can now only collect the URls that should be opened in iCab Mobile, so that the next time you launch iCab Mobile these URLs will be opened (the exception is Safari, from within you can still directly open the URL in iCab Mobile).
- Navigation within the Bookmarks didn't always work as expected under iOS 8.3
- Added a few new country-specific search engines into the list of search engines
Fantastic Full-Featured Browser
I'm a heavy user of extensions and integration with other apps, and this browser has more than I believed possible in a mobile browser - and without getting ugly.
iCab lets you configure all aspects of the user interface, including multiple modular second-level menus and fully customizable 2, 3, & 4-finger gestures. It even includes a drawing box where you can create your own gestures.
The browser also connects with dozens of social networks and cloud services, and provides all the tools and extensions I've ever used on my desktop, including Firefox sync.
I've only used iCab for about a week now, and I was equally delighted and overwhelmed by the sheer number of options.
I've already made 3 passes through the configurations, selecting and honing the functionality and interface. Thank goodness you can make items you don't use invisible and get them out of the way (or go back to defaults).
All the lists are well organized and and designed to make all that configuring intuitive.
Quite amazing overall.
This is a hard working, reliable, stable, iOS browser. I've used it for years.
When I need to get things done I go to this browser. When I need to find, download, print and file. I can manipulate web pages/docs/etc - open, save, transfer to clouds, and more.
Best out there right now
All around better browser than Safari or Chrome.
I like the Evernote integration better than Dolphin, and the other features make this like a pocket knife of web browsers. For years I've used all the browsers on IOS and right now, this one is the best.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 8.8.1
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2015 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.