iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. it is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It's also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There's a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It's possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as "Offline Bookmarks" which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
What's New in Version 8.9.1
Fixes an issue which only occurs on an iPad under iOS 8.4 where certain Alert boxes did not open.
The BEST Browser Still!!
Does it occasionally close, yes, just like they all do, not the app's fault but the fault of the iPad itself. The browser is fabulous, fast, full featured, good looking without being stupid, more like a desktop browser than any others I've tried. Keeps a ton of bookmarks which I like, has ability to send full pages to Evernote and such, backs up bookmarks and settings to Dropbox and such, and just overall is the only browser I have used constantly now for several years. If I had my wish, it would be to have this same browser on my iPad more than once because I keep my interests separated to some extent just to keep track. Probably silly but that's how I like it, and in this, I'm the important factor. I've looked and looked for another one like iCab to no avail. The developer is the most responsive person ever, usually answering me within just a few hours, and never fails to help me figure out what's happening or how stupid I've been. :-) Get it. Doubt you'll regret it, but you will have to look through all the settings to get the most from it. Take the time. It's worth it.
Super fast with beautiful integrated customization. Love it!
My former favorite browser has been having performance and App Store issues, so I've been digging around for a replacement. iCab Mobile is like finding a perfect diamond in a coal mine. Like the developer's wonderful calculator app, Kalkulilo, this browser has everything you ever wanted and a whole crate full of things you never even thought of.
It's all put together in a beautifully and functionally designed with full user customization capability. The true intelligence that went into this app just shines, and it comes with excellent speedy tech support, too!
Still the BEST!!
I just wanted to say thank you for finally adding the option to use one finger for forward and back swiping. You also managed to maintain the pull for new tab and to change tabs too, and it's perfect! I've been using your browser for many years now, and it it just keeps on getting better and better. Thanks again for providing such an awesome app!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 21, 2015
- Version: 8.9.1
- Size: 8.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2015 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.