iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. it is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages, like uploading photos on flickr.com or Facebook.com. Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites.
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines. Search suggestions from google and yahoo can be activated on the iPad. It's also possible to search within a web page.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected.
There's a built-in and customizable URL-based filter. The default filters block many advertising banners. You can edit, add or remove filters. It's possible to switch off images to save bandwidth.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically. iCab can save the tabs when quitting so these can be loaded even when being offline, the next time the App is launched.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser. Bookmarks can be also saved as "Offline Bookmarks" which can be even opened without an internet connection.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
What's New in Version 8.10
- Firefox-Sync 1.5 is now supported (currently only read access). The old Firefox Sync 1.1 can be still used, in case you still run your own FF-Sync 1.1 server.
- Support for the "Fillr" App added to help filling out forms. YOu can call "Fillr" from within the "Fill out forms" feature where there's now a new option for "Fillr", in case the Fillr App is installed.
- If you try to open a web site which is blocked by a filter, you get the opportunity to open the page nevertheless without creating an exception filter. But for the next visit, the page will be blocked again, unless an exception filter is created to permanently allow the access.
- The setting for the text encoding is now also available for the "Action" menu
- For the guest mode it is now possible to configure the default search engine.
- Fixes an issue with the support for the „Dashlane“ App
I'm hooked after less than a month
I've been using iCab Mobile for about two months and I absolutely love it. I've been spoiled by the number and quality of all of the built in features that can be customized to fit anyone's needs.
My favorite update was the addition of a little white flare under your finger when you select a link in the bookmarks bar. Really nice touch to let someone with iffy close-up vision to know that the touch registered.
As the number of ad filters grow to handle new ad pushers, the app crashes once in a while. BUT, unlike other browsers with ad blockers, just tapping it open again loads the page and carries on. It doesn't freeze or require restarting.
Should be iOS stock
Great browser, vey configurable for power users and also great for users "straight out of the box." My daily driver. Developer provides frequent updates with new features. Any issues? A fix is just an email away with a fast response.
This is like the biggest hidden gem of the app store. I call it the FireFox of iOS. As customizable as it can get. Closest experience to desktop browsing, even 1password plugin works!
I paid for this once like back in 2010, I still get free upgrades!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 22, 2015
- Version: 8.10
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2015 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.