iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. it is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages (Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites).
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected. Supports many third-party Password Manager Apps as well.
There’s a built-in fully customizable filter feature. It allows to block resources, ads, banners, user tracking scripts, cookies etc. Supports AdBlock Plus/EasyList filters as well.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
In this mode, you can have two browsers side by side on the iPad. This is especially useful on the large iPad Pro.
The App is also accessible for visually impaired and blind users. If VoiceOver is enabled, the App plays soft ticks while a page is loading, so blind users are able to identify when the page load has finished.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names
- Cookie Manager
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- URL autocompletion
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
The App includes a store providing several InApp purchases. These are meant as a tip jar. The InApp purchases are available for different prices, so you can pick the amount for the tip yourself. Doing so will unlock a few cool features as a reward, these are always the same, regardless of the amount of the tip. Users who have purchased the App within the last 12 months do get all these features for free, no need to buy one of the InApp purchases. Though they can nevertheless give me a tip, if they want to... ;-)
What's New in Version 9.9
- Now, the "Edit" mode of the bookmarks window allows to select multiple bookmarks, so it is possible to delete or move a larger number of bookmarks in one go. Just set the checkmarks for all bookmarks you want to add to the selection. You can also tap on the "Flag" icon in the bottom toolbar to select or deselect all items. The "Folder" icon in the bottom toolbar lets you move the selection to a new location, the and "Trash" icon will delete th selected bookmarks.
- Long-pressing the toolbar icon to close the current tab will now open a menu were you can close all tabs, other tabs and the current tab.
- There are a few additional keys avaiable for shortcuts defined for bluetooth keyboards
- Bugfix: Fixes a memory leak in the account settings
- Several smaller improvements
By far the best!!!
Developer deserves so much credit for all his hard work! iCab is great! You can tell the developer has put his heart into making this app work extremely well! Thank you so much!
I highly recommend you try iCab if you haven't already done so and please support it by making a donation of you like it, this app truly is worth supporting! If you take some time to explore it, I think you will love it more and more as you start to see how much work has gone into it! I truly think this is a developer and a product deserving of support because they support their product! Though I've not had any need to communicate with the dev I am tech savvy enough to know this is a progressive developer with a knack for deploying the best features and for making sure the browser works in "apples world" and the world outside of that realm, not an easy task I can assure you! Thank you!
[Using on iPad mini and iPhone 6S+]
This app is awesome and fully customizeable!!
This app has everything I was looking for. It allowed me to import bookmarks from other browsers. It allows downloads into the app so all your downloads do not go to the album. I can create download folders to sort my downloads. It has password protection to even open the app (screen not viewable until password entered). This is great feature to keep your browser private from kids or guests that use your iphone or ipad. If you are a former Mercury User, this is the app you have been looking for. Using clip converter widget, you can even download video clips that you have trouble capturing.
The most full-featured of all.
I was shocked to see the features of this browser after all the others. Everything is laid out well and it's easy to just get started.
Changing the way the browser identifies itself is helpful on my ipad to use the full feature set for the website (Google Drive/GSuite).
Thanks for a great tool folks!
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: May 31, 2017
- Version: 9.9
- Size: 19.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2017 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade plus Generous Tip$2.99
- Upgrade plus Extra Generous Tip $5.99
- Upgrade plus Tip$1.99