iCab Mobile (Web Browser)
By Alexander Clauss
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCab Mobile is a web browser for the iOS. It provides many unique and useful features you won't find in other iPhone browsers.
The Watch App is a remote control for iCab Mobile, so you can navigate, zoom, scroll, open bookmarks, links, the homepage, switch tabs or sitch on/off the fullscreen mode. it is also possible to let iCab read a web site using speech output.
iCab Mobile can upload any files on web pages (Due to limitations of the iOS this does not everywhere, but it works fine on many web sites).
iCab Mobile comes with several default search engines you can choose from. You can easily add new search engines.
FILLING OUT FORMS:
iCab Mobile can save web forms and restore the form content later (manually or automatically). The saved forms data can be password protected. Supports many third-party Password Manager Apps as well.
There’s a built-in fully customizable filter feature. It allows to block resources, ads, banners, user tracking scripts, cookies etc. Supports AdBlock Plus/EasyList filters as well.
iCab Mobile supports Tabs, so you can open multiple web pages at the same time. Links can be opened in Tabs (in the foreground or background) manually or automatically.
Bookmarks can be organized in folders. You can import/export the bookmarks from/to your PC/Mac browser.
iCab Mobile provides a fullscreen mode where the whole screen is used to display the web page. No screen space is wasted for toolbars.
iCab Mobile has a built-in Download Manager so you can download almost all files from the internet. The downloads can be easily transfered to a Mac/PC/Linux computer but also to other Apps on the device which can open these files
You can create multiple user accounts, each user has its own private bookmarks, filters, settings, etc.
iCab Mobile supports Dropbox. Export/Import bookmarks; transfer downloads, images, files, web pages to your Dropbox account.
In this mode, you can have two browsers side by side on the iPad. This is especially useful on the large iPad Pro.
- Configurable multi-touch gestures
- QuickStarter feature
- AirPrint support
- Browser ID (UserAgent) is configurable
- iCab Mobile fully supports international domain names (IDN - domain names with language-specific characters).
- Send (smaller) downloads via email
- Cookie Manager, lists all cookies, cookies can be deleted individually
- Private Browsing (no history and no cookies are stored)
- Privacy settings allows to delete all kinds of private data (history, cookies, databases, saved forms, passwords etc.)
- Option to pass the current web page to another App on the device which can open the page
- URL autocompletion based on bookmarks and/or history
- Simple built-in RSS reader
- Save images, whole web pages, PDF files
- Kiosk Mode - a restricted variation of the fullscreen mode for Kiosk environments.
- Addressbook support lets you access the web pages from the addressbook.
- When launching iCab can either open an empty page, the homepage or restore the Tabs which were open the last time
- Page-Compression is supported to save bandwith.
- There are different color schemes and designs
- Document Sharing lets you pass downloads and files to other Apps in the device
The App includes a store providing several InApp purchases. These are meant as a tip jar. The InApp purchases are available for different prices, so you can pick the amount for the tip yourself. Doing so will unlock a few cool features as a reward, these are always the same, regardless of the amount of the tip. Users who have purchased the App within the last 12 months do get all these features for free, no need to buy one of the InApp purchases. Though they can nevertheless give me a tip, if they want to... ;-)
What's New in Version 9.8.1
There are some refinements for the Reader mode:
- When printing a page in "reader mode" the menu of the reader mode will be hidden and the background will be set to white for the printout.
- The "Read now“ feature can be added as icon into the toolbar as well
And there’s a bugfix for the in-page search from within the address field: if you enter web addresses they will be opened again, instead of being searched within the current page
The browser that does everything
iCab is awesome because it includes every feature of a desktop browser--and more. It's ad block capabilities are first rate, particularly the feature that analyzes filters to confirm what was blocked and more importantly, report domains that aren't being blocked so filters can be written if desired. I really like the download folder and the recent enhancement to allow these to be backed up to iCloud.
Given the large number of features and near-infinite ability to customize to ones liking, things can get confusing at times--particularly in the way features are grouped in the Settings menu. By necessity it's granular and seeking that particular option you know exists can require some flipping around but the end result is worth the effort. I'd suggest new users acclimate to the default settings before customizing.
Lastly, I used in-app tool to provide some incremental revenue to the developer and would encourage others to do the same. Unlike some devs that require purchasing new versions to receive the latest enhancements, Alex has enhanced and supported iCab without requiring us to drop one cent beyond the initial investment. It hasn't gone unnoticed.
Excellent Browser with Many Advanced Features
You can do uploads, downloads, file sharing across iOS, read clean add-free pages, and much much more.
Easy to use, yet powerful and complex if you want it to be.
My compliments to the brilliant developers!
top notch on iPad Pro
...and on iPhone 6s, iPod Touch. Private mode! Lots of configurable options. Fast.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 13, 2017
- Version: 9.8.1
- Size: 19.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Alexander Clauss
- © 2017 Alexander Clauss
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Upgrade plus Generous Tip$2.99
- Upgrade plus Extra Generous Tip $5.99
- Upgrade plus Tip$1.99