By Novatek Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can view and share CAD and 3D models on the go, with iCAD Professional. It works for all major CAD and 3D animation packages and is ideal for engineers, designers, manufacturing, quality control, 3D animators, sales and management. Click “…More” to learn why you should download this App today!
“Very quick rendering of high polygon count models. The interface is fairly intuitive, and the range of supported formats is nice. The slice feature is great!”
“…Easy to use. Large models run really smoothly.”
“There are a few other apps that purport to do the same thing, but iCAD leaves them in the dust. This is a great app to show models to clients, or as the center of hallway discussions with coworkers. I can’t recommend it highly enough”
You and your team have been working on an automotive design for weeks. There’ve been long days, setbacks and challenges but it’s been exciting and a great opportunity for your company. Naturally, precision is critical for this project, yet looks and the ever looming deadline count, too. Communication and consultation with your co-workers is a vital component for the successful completion of this job. That’s why you use iCAD Professional.
Thanks to iCAD, you no longer have to schedule update meetings or drag people to your desk to go over CAD designs or 3D models. You save a lot of time by simply picking up your iPad and taking it to show whomever you need to. Give your creation a final tweak, adjust the background or lighting then take your design to other desks, gather in the hallway, it doesn’t matter, you can go anywhere with it. A quick viewing and consultation or approval then it’s back to work for everybody.
iCAD Professional is the ultimate in 3D and CAD viewing on the move. This powerful, portable tool travels with you on your iPad, freeing you from the constraints of bulky desktops and some of those time-consuming meetings. iCAD Professional helps you perform more efficiently, and it’s perfect for high quality client presentations, where nothing less than professional will do.
This application is easy to use and intuitive, yet offers sophisticated features and functioning. It works with all major CAD and 3D animation packages, allows solid clipping planes, on-screen model markup, model measurement, scene customization, model and screenshot sharing, and far more.
If you’ve been hoping for a better way to view, display and share your 3D models and CAD designs then your wish has just been granted.
Have a look at just some of the features offered in iCAD Professional:
* Easy-to-use, intuitive interface
* Allows viewing and sharing of 3D models and CAD designs
* Works with all the major CAD and 3D Animation packages***
* Allows solid clipping planes, model measurements, on-screen markup
* Allows onscreen drawing to markup model, hiding parts, changing center of rotation
* Provides standard orthographic views, scene customization, color editing, textures
* Integrated FTP support
* Sharing of models and screenshots via email
* Opens supported files from email or Dropbox
* Ideal for engineers, designers, manufacturing, quality control, 3D animators, sales and management
* Watch for additional features coming soon!
Do yourself a favor by taking advantage of this powerful, convenient model viewing tool. You and your clients will appreciate the professionalism and efficiency of your design efforts as a result of using this app.
Simply download iCAD Professional now, then prepare to dazzle.
❋❋❋ You may need to install software from iCADprofessional.com to have it work with your CAD or 3D animation package.
It does a nice job of smooth shaded rendering, I assume taking into account the normals from the original file. Rendering is very fast on my iPad.
I have three issues with this app.
1. It doesn't rotate for landscape support. Yep. You read correctly, it works only in Portrait. Surprised it made it through the Apple submission without offering at least Landscape (btw, the info dialog does rotate to Landscape, but then it can't be closed and you're stuck).
2. No DropBox support. Very surprising an app with this many features doesn't support the industry standard DropBox.
3. The real app is way too expensive for the basic functionality of a basic 3D viewer. Perhaps I'm missing something, like maybe it's a translation tool as well, but $60 for this app is stunningly high!
For two bucks, I purchased a basic STL viewer which worked almost as well, but had no solid slicing-- which is a pretty cool feature of this app.
My guess the price will have to come down, or else someone else will end up owning this slice of the AppStore.
Best I have seen.
The model navigation on this app is exactly what 3D model viewing on the iPad should be be. I've tried other apps and found them to be clunky and unintuitive in their interface. I am very pleased.
Is it just a viewer?
I have been looking for an app that I can actually draw and create CAD drawings. I believe this is just a viewer. But even then this is a very good viewer. It supports section view and show/hide components in addition to being very smooth with the display.