iCatcher! podcast app
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Full featured podcast manager for iOS. Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts all from your device. Now with support for Apple Watch!
• Background Refresh (iOS 7 and up only)
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Download in the background on devices running iOS 7+
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App
• Full retina display support
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Play audio in the background
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 7.1 or higher.
What's New in Version 2.5
▷Apple Watch support. Control playback for now playing. Browse playlists and start a new episode.
▷Updated bug fix for downloading when tapping an episode in the download queue and selecting download.
▷UI for Search results updated
▷When watching videos in portrait mode if you tap the show notes icon (upper-right) it will now slide the video up so you can still see the video playing and read the show notes.
▷New option in the Settings > Playback > Playback speed area. True Time Remaining. When enabled the time remaining that shows in the app on the now playing view will be based on the playback speed.
▷Updated more of the app to work with Night Mode
▷Bug fix for downloading when tapping an episode in the download queue and selecting download.
▷Bug fix for searching within a podcast and then trying to mark that episode as played
▷Sleep Timer improvements for devices running iOS 7 and higher. Including:
• The sound will fade out during the last 20 seconds.
• 2 finger double-tap on the now playing screen to activate sleep timer.
• 2 finger double-tap will also reset the sleep timer.
• 2 finger tap on the now playing screen to see remaining sleep time.
If you notice problems with this update or any update please feel free to send feedback from within the app under the Help tab. That is the best way for me to know when there is a problem in the app.
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews.
Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
I love podcasts and this app is the best one I've seen to listen to podcasts. It's very easy to use and streamlined in a way to fit your listening needs. If I did have an issue with it it would be the iCloud syncing would be slow on occasion or just not work right. However I decided I didn't need this app on multiple devices so now the iCloud syncing is a non issue. I do wish there was a way to link up with the iTunes Store you you can read reviews on new podcasts. You can only do that with apples podcast app but because I already have this one I have no need for another one.
Love this app.
Favorite new feature is how it shows the real time left for a podcast that you're listening to at 1.5x speed.
I've been using this app for some time for podcasts. I appreciate that the developer has regular updates. When emailing support the help they give is top notch as well. I've had many of my friends download this app for their podcast needs.
I've been using iCatcher for over a year now (maybe 2?), and it has served me very well. I love the features such as gestures and "Leo jump" to get through those two minute commercials that I've already listen to and numerous other podcasts. The Apple Watch app absolutely puts this over-the-top. 👍🏿👍🏻
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 28, 2015
- Version: 2.5
- Size: 11.3 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Joe Graf
- © Joeisanerd.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.