iCatcher! Podcast Player
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts all from your device. Now with support for Apple Watch!
Updated for iOS 9! Support for split screen and slide over on devices that support that feature (newer iPads).
• Background Refresh (iOS 7 and up only)
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Download in the background on devices running iOS 7+
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App
• Full retina display support
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Play audio in the background
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed 0.75x, 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 2x
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 8 or higher.
What's New in Version 2.7.4
Please take a moment to update your app store review. Without those reviews users won’t notice the app. So if you feel I add value, then please update your review. Thank you to all of those that continue to update their reviews.
Now what changed
▷Bug fixes for some crashes that could occur during refreshes
▷Updated Add Episodes view when adding episodes to a playlist. You now have the option to see just the episodes you have added, any playable episodes, any new episodes as well as played episodes. You can have episodes that won't show in the playlist because of over options set for that playlist.
▷New option (on by default) so that if there is no episode loaded, but you have a playlist selected and you press the play button on your headphones or on the iOS playback controls (swipe up on screen), then it will start playing the first episode in the list. This assumes that iCatcher was the last app playing audio.
▷New Repeat Episodes option added to the sleep timer. When enabled the episode will repeat if it finishes prior to the sleep timer expiring.
See whats new under help to see other recent updates
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews.
Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
Still the best podcast app around.
I have used iCatcher since it first came out, and despite the existence of many other popular podcast apps, this is by far the best of them to my mind, and I say that after having bought and tried all the other major ones.
iCatcher has tons of features, and they keep improving with every iteration. Every new version is a bit more polished than the last, and the developer is really receptive to fixing the bugs that inevitably do crop up.
I love that you can use gestures to move forward or back during playback of a podcast; this is vital when driving or when you just don't want to be bothered to look for the tiny buttons to push forward or go back. And speaking of which, you can skip back and forth from just a few seconds to a much as 2 minutes, which gives you plenty of choices.
The app syncs with your app on other devices, so if you start watching a video podcast on your phone, you can go home and continue on your tablet.
The app seems more polished every iteration, with a cleaner interface, more useful features, greater ease of use, and it IS truly a joy to use. As long as the developer keeps listening and improving this amazing app, I see no reason to go anywhere else. In fact, it would silly to do so.
This is the kind of developer I love to support. I wouldn't even mind if he came up with a new, paid version of the app. If that keeps him going, and me listening to my podcasts with a great app, I'm all for it.
Still the best power user podcasting app available!
I've been using iCatcher for four years, and it's still brilliant! Anything you have ever wanted to do with a podcast you can do with this app. It's great, customizable, and accessible.
Whenever I have had any kind of issue, I was able to get support within 24 hours or less.
New features are added frequently, and the latest version is no exception. This app really earns it's five star rating. I use it every day for entertainment purposes and for business, and have never found anything that even comes close to matching its features and configurability.
Bought Them ALL!
Ok I usually don't talk bad about other products on reviews BUT...
I went down the list and bought Podcruncher, Stitcher Pro and used the other free ones. The features are nothing compared to what is available in this app. You can make a playlist that checks for new episodes hourly and jumps to the top of the playlist for the next podcast based on priority. You set the priority and if it downloads/streams that podcast. **Search the Internet in the app for RSS podcasts.** UGHHHHH There are way more features but these are my favorite. No better podcast app.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 29, 2015
- Version: 2.7.4
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Joe Graf
- © Joeisanerd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.