iCatcher! Podcast Player
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts all from your device.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 9.3 or higher.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
+iPhone X bug fix for the app switcher bar still showing during videos in fullscreen
+Search bar bug fix for iOS 11 in the episode selection view
+Bug fix for occasional jump to next episode when it should have jumped x seconds.
See whats new under help tab. Feeling generous? Tip Jar in settings tab.
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews.
Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
Pretty Darn Good
This is my preferred podcast app. I used the iTunes one and a couple others before, but this one is much better because you can control downloads, subscriptions, priority, etc., more easily than the others. I give it 4 stars instead of 5 because it is difficult to find foreign language podcasts. Those podcasts are available on this app, but you need to have a sense for the title before you can find it. There should be an easy way to find these.
Worth more than it costs!
Seriously, in an App store full of overpriced items, this is a rare gem. There are more features than I have explored, and I use this app 5 days a week!
It’s not complicated to use if you don’t want it to be, but if you like to micromanage it’s suitable for that too!
Constant updates as well, and the dev listens to his customers. Buy it. You won’t regret it!
My favorite app
I’ve used icatcher since 2011 or so and regret not leaving a review until now, 6 years later. I use it every day and it’s my most used app. It’s super convenient and customizable so I can easily customize my skip times for ads. I recommend icatcher 100%
- Category: News
- Updated: Nov 08, 2017
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 34.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Joe Graf
- © Joe Graf
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Really Big Thank You Tip$4.99
- Big Thank You Tip$2.99
- Thank You Tip$0.99