iCatcher! Podcast Player
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts all from your device.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 9.3 or higher.
What's New in Version 3.1.2
▷Bug fix for Downloads tab, downloaded. Tapping episodes does nothing
See whats new under help tab. Feeling generous? Tip Jar in settings tab.
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews.
Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
App and creator never quit being extraordinary
Just this day I alerted developer to a missing feature. In just a few hours a fix was available in the updates. Once again--5 stars.
Still 5 stars.
I use icatcher and I love it. The product-app is only half of the equation. The other piece of the equation is the creator—“Joeisanerd”. Some of the podcasts I subscribe to, I use to help me with some volunteer teaching.
I ran into a snafu (which does not happen often) and went to Joe for help. One try, no success. Two tries no success. I explained how important this was to me and he went out of his way and even offered to help me into a beta testing program to get a working version.
Turns out, we did not need to do that. Our back and forth and Joe’s attention to our discussion, made something click. He suggested I change a setting. And bingo. Fixed. And I could use the app for my students.
The point is, Joe would not quit. This snafu was not normal. But Joe's help was way above normal. He was determined to help me get through it. And he was good natured about it. Thanks Joe
Best Podcast App
For many years I struggled with the Apple podcast app - then I found iCatcher. It allows me to listen to podcasts the way that I want to.
I want to listen to the most recent version of the podcasts in the playlist that I have selected and go back back into history. If I miss stuff it should just go to the great bit-bucket in the sky. I like that it remembers my last speed setting on a per podcast basis.
Use it everyday
This is one of the few iPhone apps that I use everyday. Because I listen to 7 different podcasts, it has simplified my life so much. Before I started using this app, I was loading all of my podcasts on my laptop and then wirelessly syncing them with my phone. No more of that! It is very easy to use and the newest update has made it lightening fast and even better.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 02, 2017
- Version: 3.1.2
- Size: 18.4 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: Joe Graf
- © Joe Graf
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Really Big Thank You Tip$4.99
- Big Thank You Tip$2.99
- Thank You Tip$0.99