Download, listen, watch and enjoy your favorite podcasts.
• Subscribe to your favorite podcasts in the app and manage them in the app
• Download episodes over WiFi or Cellular (on devices that have cellular).
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Background Refresh
• Download in the background
• Download multiple episodes at once (up to 3 on WiFi and 2 on cellular).
• Sync subscriptions, episode playback positions and playlists between your devices with iCloud
• Universal App (iPhone/iPad)
• Search in all views to find that podcast or episode you are looking for
• Custom playlists with filtering options by podcast, episodes and more.
• Support for continuous playback (toggle it on now playing screen just below time elapsed).
• All device orientations supported with configurable option in the settings
• You can unsubscribe to podcasts and still have them on your device. Use that for those less than stellar podcasts!
• Full VoiceOver support
• Variable playback speed
• Playback speed remembered per podcast
• Support for podcasts with chapters and chapter images (MP3 and M4A)
• Use your headset controls including Bluetooth car controls (when paired) to play/pause, jump forward or back 30 seconds
• Sleep timer
• Beautifully rendered show notes
• Onscreen controls for jumping ahead 30 seconds, or jump back 30.
• Gesture Support on the now playing screen (when the podcast logo is showing) to aid in hands free use
• Double-tap to play/pause
• Swipe up to toggle playback speed
• Swipe left/right to rewind/fast-forward
• Home of the L gesture for the 2 minute Leo jump.
• See Settings and Gestures for more and for customizing rewind/fast-forward gestures
• Support for AirPlay, watch or listen to those podcasts on your big screen
• Support for external display of videos for devices that support an external display (get the Apple HDMI adapter)
• Watch or listen to your favorite podcasts with a familiar layout
• Customizable options like Auto-Play on connect to start playing the last playing podcast when you plug your headphones in (some restrictions, settings, playback, general).
FIND NEW PODCASTS QUICK
• Find your podcasts by title, keyword or by author
• Browse the top podcasts by category
• Manually add podcasts with a URL
• Support for Password Protected feeds
• Option to download a single episode
• Browse the web in the app to find podcasts to add. Browser will prompt if you tap a link that is podcast feed.
• Import Podcast subscriptions for episodes that are already in your device from iTunes
• Import your OPML file from iTunes or other iOS podcast app
• Import media by using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add your existing audiobooks (non-password protected ones) using iTunes File Sharing feature
• Add previously downloaded podcasts from your computer using iTunes file sharing feature (see settings and import media for details).
• Completely customizable to meet your podcasts needs.
• Swipe across a podcast or episode to access additional options
• Podcast settings allow you to set the days the podcast typically comes out or the number of days between.
• Specify the number of episodes to download when new ones are available
• Share the podcast information via email with your friends
• Post to Twitter or Facebook from the now playing screen
Email: tap Help tab and tap Email Support
PLEASE NOTE: The app does NOT sync with iTunes. Like other podcast apps it is standalone app meant to subscribe and download on the device.
* If a feed doesn't work, then let me know so I can take a look at it
Requires iOS 12 or higher.
+Bug fix for streaming audio continuing to play during phone call
**If you like iCatcher! and use it everyday, then please take a moment and share on the app store reviews. Your reviews help others to know about iCatcher!**
Follow me on twitter @joeisanerd
Ratings and Reviews
Simply the best....ever
First off I have to admit I bought this a long time ago by accident because I had no idea what I was doing. Back then I also had my sight and it still didn't help me see how perfect this app is when you use it properly. Now that my vision is gone this app helps me keep current with anything and everything I choose to and it is as far as I can tell perfectly built and suited to a person with vision problems. Voiceover works extremely well and it also has built in gestures that can be customized some as well. I've tried the app the Apple folks recommend for podcasts with voiceover and this app blows that one away by leaps and bounds. From the customized offsets to skip crummy intros/commercials and outro stuff to setting bookmarks or pausing on volume down. This app has it all. Love the ability to change the settings of gestures in the app and also being able to stream versus download is an absolute plus. There is truly so much for a person with OR without vision problems to be able almost completely customize and control the podcasts you subscribe to and even the ones you don't. My favorite app by far that I've ever downloaded. Please keep up the fantastic work.
Best podcast app
I’ve been happily using iCatcher for years. I tried a few other options in my early podcast-listening days, but they all ended up annoying or frustrating me in some way or another. And I recently tried to set up the Apple podcast app for my husband, and while it’s ok for someone who doesn’t listen much, it doesn’t have anything close to the flexibility this app offers. iCatcher allows me the flexibility to easily manage my 90+ podcasts. I love that I can unsubscribe to keep ones I want to try someday in the wings, or ones that might be going dormant, but I’m not sure yet and don’t want to let go just in case! And I heavily use the customizable playlists to categorize by the type of podcast as well as the level of attention I want to devote to them. Overall this app gives me all the flexibility I want and need while still being pretty simple to use. Keep up the great work!
Just keeps getting better with each release. Cuddy in
The developer is super-responsive and has many great features that don't exist in other podcast apps and I have tried them all... Seriously all of them. Unlimited playlists, managing by episode rather then show, export podcast episodes to .csv and so much more. I have over 700 podcasts and it doesn't slow down. Trust me you won't regret the few dollars you spend on this. I have deleted all other PODCAST players since this does everything I want it to do. Everything else was missing a feature or two. If i had to complain it would be that we don't have a related podcast setting or the view with just podcast art but that is just being picky. This app is what the built in app should be and other players try to be but fall short
- Joe Graf
- 40.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Joe Graf
- In-App Purchases
- Really Big Thank You Tip $4.99
- Big Thank You Tip $2.99
- Thank You Tip $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.
Get things done within this app using just your voice.