Play with the sound of an entire cathedral organ, created by award-winning sound designer Kurt Ader! This app is designed as professional sound module for your iPad by connecting external MIDI keyboard(s) using Bluetooth MIDI, or using the Apple USB adapter or another adapter supported by Apple.¹
Watch and listen to the demo video on our product website!
This app supports Audio Unit v3, Audiobus and Inter-App Audio for audio & MIDI connections from/to other audio apps, as well as Bluetooth LE MIDI !
iCathedral Organ generates the sound of a lovely and color rich pipe organ of a real cathedral. All individual organ stops of such a pipe organ were recorded to resemble this sound as realistic as possible. You can fully adjust all individual organ stops to create your own sounds and save them as your personal sound presets. Or simply select one of the factory presets to play impressive organ sounds right from the start.
The sounds of this app were created by Kurt Ader, winner of the NAMM 2015 "Best Sound Designer of the Year" award.
• 28 individual organ stops, each one controllable simultaniously in real-time.
• Polyphony up to several hundred stereo voices.²
• Configurable audio latency down to 1 ms.
• Low latency disk streaming.
• Integrated cathedral reverb effect.
• App can keep running in the background, so you can play on your keyboard while e.g. using Safari or another app to display scores or surfing the Internet.
• Master Tune, Scale Tuning & Hermode Tuning.
• Provides Audio Unit v3 plugin version of this app, which allows it to be used as virtual instrument directly within third-party multi-track DAW apps (requires iOS 9.3 or higher).
• Audiobus support.
• Supports Apple's "IAA" system for audio & MIDI streaming between other apps.
• Virtual on-screen piano keyboard, scalable & scrollable.
MIDI Player / Recorder:
• Record, save and load your songs in standard MIDI file format.
• Share your songs easily as audio file.
• Unlimited amount of tracks.
• Unlimited recording and playback length.
• Open MIDI (.mid) files directly from other apps (i.e. from Safari, Mail).
• Download or upload MIDI files with iTunes.
• Load your favorite songs as MIDI files from the Internet, and watch at the virtual keyboard how to play it.
• Use the "Tempo Zoom" dial knob to i.e. slow down playback at any time and learn your favorite songs more easily.
There is no in-app purchase in this app. So all sounds and all app features are immediately available to you as one buy.
¹ For more information about adapters and connecting external MIDI keyboards: https://doc.crudebyte.com/iOS/External_MIDI_devices/
² Some sound presets are using several voices per note. Polyphony depends on the exact device model being used. You find a polyphony table on our product website.
This update contains numerous software corrections, as well as some minor new features:
• Added "Panic" button.
• MIDI Recorder: Added setting whether to ignore MIDI program change on playback (by default recorder ignores program change now).
• Fixed effect send knob not being updated on MIDI CC #91.
• Audio Unit: Loads instruments in background again on regular (real-time) DAW usage.
• Fixed memory leaks.
• Audio Unit: Fixed wrong preset being restored under certain conditions.
• Custom Presets: Fixed transpose setting not being restored.
• MIDI Recorder: Songs are sorted alphabetically now.
Thanks for your feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Best sounds and presets however presets cannot be changed fast enough. I use midi designer app to change preset with 1 click but it's still not fast enough and also not smooth. It needs to have organ stops, pistons, and preset like real organ. It also should have midi learn capability as well. It also needs to have the ability to customize keyboard for great, swell, choir, and pedal. It's a great app if you can use multiple ipads to accomplish the above. I use Jeux D'orgues app as well but this app sounds better. Jeux D'orgues does have the functionality above but this app preset is better. Overall it is a great app but still needs a lot of work to make it practical for an organist. It would be great if we could have iPhone app available as well by the way. Just a quick feedback for crudebyte developers....
This app has a high quality and very dynamic sound set from the huge cathedral type to that of a more delicate chapel organ. It's really good. This operates the same as the other Crudebyte apps with MIDI in/recording/playback and uses Inter App Audio (IAA).
Worth it for the on-sale price, or through a bundle.
Crudebyte Has Done It Again!!! I Was Pleasantly
Surprised,To Have Such Lush,And Dynamic Church Organ Samples Available,On My IPAD!!
The Bach Organ Pieces,Take on a Sense Of Depth And Dark Beauty,When Played Using This
App!!! Unbeleivable Sounds !!! PERIOD !!!
- Christian Schoenebeck d/b/a Crudebyte
- 1.1 GB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 Crudebyte & KApro Kurt Ader Productions
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.